Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

Just checking in, are we still giving a break on belief in a resurrection if that belief exists in people who weren't present, or can we start unilaterally bagging on all resurrection believers here yet?

If so, anyone want to bet a jar of water that might become pinot noir on the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Just checking in, are we still giving a break on belief in a resurrection if that belief exists in people who weren't present, or can we start unilaterally bagging on all resurrection believers here yet?

If so, anyone want to bet a jar of water that might become pinot noir on the outcome?
    always luved a good pinot...and that was before Sideways came out...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I've been on a four year pinot kick. I just don't seem to get sick of the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    That movie really did a lot to hurt Merlot.

screw Paul Giamatti and his lines anyway!

I like a good Merlot, especially with Beef!
    Yes a Cab-Sav is nice, but the Merlot is perfect for Roasts and that movie damaged my ability to find it in the abundance it should be found in.

stupid wine movies shaping peoples opinions.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post

David (CLFLPstudent) made an inquiry regarding Dr. Harut's claims that, by using Bak Fu Pai's healing skills, one can resurrect a beheaded fly (or even rodents as Dr. Harut mentioned on page 3 of this thread "rodents, I am not able yet"). And yet none of the three Bak Fu Pai representatives on this thread are willing to provide proof of this wondrous ability. Several pages of obfuscation and insults leads me to believe that this claim is, in fact, a lie.
    I agree with you in this, that anything is a claim unless proof is provided and this proof should be done at least in front of an audiance who do not belong to the system providing the proof.

I walk on my schedule, I don't care for inquiries, when I see time is appropriate I might provide proof with the standards I mentioned above...till then...call me whatever suits you.

I believe in our Teacher' GM Doo Wai, I believe in Bak Fu Pai...and I'll remain Bak Fu Pai, as well as my descendents will be Bak Fu Pai....and whatever any outsider say about the system thats their opinion and their choice.

Am not modest, but don't call me a representative...am simply a guy who is training in this system and happens that I have good material for my training.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

merlot is for girls.

real kung fu peeps drink Cabernet Savignon
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    merlot is for girls.

real kung fu peeps drink Cabernet Savignon

I'm shocked at this assessment.

Ninjas have been dispatched to put rebar into all your bricks!!!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Never got into merlot, seriously as I have this thing about strong flavors.

not one for light beer or light tasting wines.

I like wines that kick me in the face.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    If BFP is a tree, it's rotten - the only flies coming to life are from the worms inside it.

Why eat the fruit of such a plant, unless you're starving?
    Nope not starving. My Sifu and Kru give me more than enough to keep me full. What I've learned is that it isn't so much the system, but the teacher or coach that really make the difference. Like I said, BFP has some really good hands and some great meds, so I keep my focus to that. Anything outside of that is open for debate in my eyes, just like all the other KF stories out there. Every Pai has theirs! I don't concern myself with history, politics or all the mystical stuff. I like to train good hands regardless of style. I seek out teachers, not styles! And BFP is definitely not a rotten tree in my Sifu's hands. I dont knock anyone, cause I just recently seen the BFP forum and thats really not my cup of tea. We stay clear from all of that and just focus on training.

But of course Brother, you are entitled to your opinion.

Bless,

Buby

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Jorge when did white tiger first get talked about in the news media like the first article published in Black Belt mag?. I dont get online much it would be cool if you could link all the white tiger video online here. DW knows BM basics from my class I'm curious how good his guys are.
    I don't know, I would have to find out. If I'm not mistaken, Doo Wai's father taught the military and thats where Doo Wai's father met CLC. Doo Wai's family was also famous for their medicine and healing, so I dont know if Bak Fu of Doo Family has ever been mentioned in the papers in China, but I could find out for you.

I was told Doo Wai learned his Pak Mei from CLC in China. Doo Wai's father asked CLC to teach Doo Wai his Pak Mei. I never heard of Doo Wai learning his Pak Mei from anyone else.

Below is a vid of my Sifu. The beginning of the vid is Wun Yuen (has nothing to do with BFP), then it goes into Omei Pak Mei, then around 1:26 Burning Palm (BFP), then some Bak Fu and Omei Pak Mei.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDVuttau-As

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-16-2010 at 03:21 PM.

If BFP is a tree, it's rotten - the only flies coming to life are from the worms inside it.

This is brilliant, someone should use it as a sig.

I still want to know if they reconnect the heads ... I have visions of countless headless flies buzzing around banging into everything.

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

The state that resembles a middle finger.

wow...haha...take no prisoners.......
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Reality Check,

Buby explained it to you. Even me saying it basic, you got it wrong looking towards your own conclusion without reading and wanting to understand the situation.

What's the saying, "I am not racist, I hate everyone?" Of course I am racist, I am white, man! I don't even have to be racist to be racist.

I don't really see the problem in posting like an idiot when others are. Look back. At first, I made a few logical, practical, sane, coherent, and otherwise 'normal' comments about Bak Fu Pai. But that is not fun to talk about right?

Buby said from the beginning that he thought the Bak Fu hands were good, that he wasn't worried about the flies and wasn't sure about it either, but it seems no reading went on with that. All that went on was a continuous circle jerk after that, and you know it...

No one here on this board knows the real story about Doo Wai before he was here in the US. It is simple. And, you know that everyone learns Bak Fu from video, so? hahaha! What's up?

Check, right?

I don't know how many times they've tried it: I've seen it done successfully with 2 or 3 different groups. As you pointed out, there are a LOT of variables: what's necessary for it to have any chance of working is, for lack of a better term, "subliminal overexposure": a few ideas presented over and over and over again on surfaces that we ignore consciously yet make note of subconsciously (I really liked the use of T-shirts on strangers.)

You're welcome. One possible way that JC could be using a form of PP reading is by implementing it in reverse. Rather than reading off the client, he gets the client to read off of him.

Another way is along the lines of the "Bodytalk" method that was developed in Australia (don't know when or who by), whereby the practitioner, having instructed the client to not answer out loud, asks verbal questions about their health while simultaneously palpating the body in order to sleuth out the condition.

All of this, if not objectively examined, could EASILY be attributed to some kind of mystical force. In a way, it kind of is: it takes lots of mental focus and lots of practice to get good at it - and the framework it's learned through will dramatically change a general practitioner's understanding of it.

JC does other stuff besides his PP abilities, such as the belly bounce (good core,) and the Magic tricks (reinforcing suggestion of mystical skill, making it easier to do his PP abilities in general; I think he was upset that the fire trick was filmed because it was prop oriented, not physiologically oriented, such as the Static Ouija Knife trick.) Presented together under the same label (ie the effects all stem from the same source, such as Qi,) he provides a highly suggestible environment where it becomes possible for someone with any kind of listening skills to discern the generalities (and with experience, the specifics) of a condition, then induce a hypno-physiotherapeutic trance of sorts through reverse PP reading.

None of this is magical. Effective application of it requires study (not necessarily in a Scientific context, although I would recommend that approach) and practice.

Edit: The highly suggestible clients probably end up adding their own "flair" to the effects.
    If we assume that everything JC did was a "trick" then I would say that it was very courageous of him to risk his reputation in front of a camera and the accompanying documentary crew.

Personally speaking, I would still love to have had present a professional illusionist and/or a person familiar with hypnotism and its possibilities and scope. That is th only way one would know for sure where the source of JC's abilities lay.

Who knows, perhaps one day, the next documentary crew will go that one step further so as not to leave us the observers hypothesizing about the how and ifs.

I like a good french bordeaux or tuscan based red. Pinot is nice too and I'm not mad at merlot. I just prefer the french bordeaux reds.

la paz