Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

Xiao Meng,

Everything that we buy and sell, all of it, is made up. Some people make it up, and they have leverage of some kind, for whatever reason, and then they can sell it, sometimes for expensive prices.

Then, you got people that don't have leverage, for whatever reason, and they can sell it, sometimes for moderate prices....And on and on.

Green Dragon's Iron Palm stuff is 100 bucks. James Mcneil's is 100 bucks. Some others are 200. Doo's is what, 500 on the web? Hey, what can I say, he's Chinese. LOL! Lao Wai is gonna pay! hehehe!

Jamieson,

Talking for me, that is just it though. I haven't followed him. I got some of his information cheap. So what? It's not crap that I am clinging to. I am not clinging to it. I am just explaining to you that some of their methods are good. You make it out like I am a representative of their style and could give a shiit about their lineage...If he was selling it for 100 dollars, and acted properly, you wouldn't call him a charlatan. But, you would still wear your Nike shoes...If we want to look at it from the point of view of money, what Sifu do you know that isn't a charlatan? Come on, just a little bit right? hehe.

I am all for truth. That's it. I am not for arguing advertising philosophy on a kung fu forum...

You want to talk about iron palm, iron body, two man, forms, meds, cool. A hanging bag for iron palm is ideal because it is, hanging. You can build up your resistance slowly and get a different effect than slapping it on top of concrete or whatever. The heavier the bag, and the different materials, causes differences in resistance, which in turn causes differences in power and intent. As for the water training, do you know what it is? Do you think that it is a good idea to intend on making your hands act like water, so to speak?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Here's the thing:

If Doo Wai makes sh*t up and sells it at a stupidly high price ($600 for his Wing Chun instructional tapes,) what's to say that he hasn't made cr@p up about his IP and everything else? His entire M.O. is self-serving charlatanry.

I'd get a kick out of Dale's critique of Doo Wai's IP training methods; I'm guessing the "real" aspects of his IP are really basic, and really expensive.

BTW, What are BFP's lesson fees? What's the fee for IP? Is there personal instruction or is it all via $500+ videos?
    I dont know about the Wing Chun! Can you please point to the site. Thank you in advance!

I dont pay anything. I've been with Sifu Garry for 10yrs now.

I train one of his BFP Iron Palm methods (for free.LOLOL) and the training is nothing out the ordinary. I've also trained YKM iron palm (under Sifu Garry), Allen Lee's iron palm and the only difference is that BFP has more meditations. Everything else consist of hitting a bag.

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Look guys, if you wanna cling to that crap, go ahead. It's your crap and not mine.

-Exactly and we have see your crap. So its ok we will cling to ours.

I don't have a personal agenda, I'm just pointing out my observations according to what doo wai has provided everybody with over he years.

- I could care less if you did! over the years? Everybody is going by some videos he posted at 80 yrs of age! Most sifu's at his age perform their forms slow as hell so they dont fall off balance or loss posture. And your busting the mans balls behind that.LOLOL

he is a charlatan. But if you've wasted a good chunk of your life following him, then, well I guess you will cling to it rather than take a look at what it really is.

- Charlatan? Maybe! I don't know him well enough to talk, but he's got some good Fu. At least the way my sifu teaches it!

- You are assuming its a waste of time. Mere speculation, because to have proof you would have to train the system and feel it for yourself. Brother, I've trained boxing, kickboxing, MT and Yau Kung Mun! I dont have a fairytale resume! I'm pretty sure that I would be able to smell BS from a mile away. I stay away from all tales told in Chinese Kung Fu. If I wanted stories I would go to the book store. I love to train the hands, thats why I'm with my Sifu and Kru. They keep me grounded in reality!

anyway, I"m not going to try to convince you. You've already convinced yourself.

- No, my Sifu has, with the material he has had me training!

Nobody defends this eejot except people who have paid him through the nose for his junk.

- Funny, I haven't paid a single penny!LOLOL The best things in life are free!LOLOL

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-18-2010 at 05:40 PM.

really buby? what have you seen of my crap? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Bubs, would you ever consider putting up some footage, or even just e-mailing some clips privately to show how you train. I've always been impressed based on what Sifu Garry's always said about you, and would really like to see how you train. At least the sparring, or playing hands.

Also, they tell me this article's about Bak Fu Pai:

"
    You have reached the cached page for http://baike.baidu.com/view/1151797.htm
    Below is a snapshot of the Web page as it appeared on 8/9/2011. This is the version of the page that was used for ranking your search results. The page may have changed since it was last cached. To see what might have changed (without the highlights), go to the current page.
    Yahoo! is not responsible for the content of this page.
    到百科首页

新闻网页贴吧知道MP3图片视频百科文库
    帮助设置

首页
    自然
    文化
    地理
    历史
    生活
    社会
    艺术
    人物
    经济
    科技
    体育
    百万奇迹
    百科合作
    7月热词

白虎拳
    求助编辑百科名片

白虎拳拳术之一身形如虎,拳出如风,已绝迹六十多年的白虎拳。

目录

简介
    主要套路
    切磋技艺

川内高手齐聚蓉城
    绝迹白虎拳出手惊人
    老外太极推手够地道

简介
      成都江少明自10岁便拜师,苦练白虎拳38年。只见他双手忽左忽右飘忽不定,时而拳化掌,时而掌化成爪 ,让人莫辨虚实,拳路演毕,旁边众人不由哄然喝彩。据了解,这套白虎拳,是“失踪”数十年之后,首次出现在 世人面前。
      古巴族是个崇拜白虎并以白虎为图腾的部落。秦汉时,四川就出现了“板楯七姓以射白虎为业“的职业武术者 ,在长期与虎搏击中,积累了丰富的搏斗技术,这些技击术,经历代拳师不断变革而衍化为今日之白 虎拳。
      这种产生于四川地区的白虎拳,乃系峨眉派五虎拳(即白虎拳、黑虎拳、虎爪拳、虎啸拳、虎形拳)之首,是 一种高桩长拳拳术,全套五十六动,动作舒展,击法奇巧,虎形中带虎爪。突出提龙炮、虎尾腿等反击法。演武时 ,身倾靠体,凶猛、快速、劲力沉实,气势磅礴,虎虎生风。
    主要套路

[白虎拳]

峨眉派白虎拳,主要流传于川西、川东各地。据成都老拳师曾全忠介绍,白虎拳有升、腾、智、化四个特点,即有 升高如猛虎归林之形,腾似饿虎扑羊之猛,智应危难而不惊之巧,化强为弱之能。
      白虎拳谱曾把它的技击特点概括为:白虎当道胆气壮,担山赶月追太阳;迎门暗藏铁扇子,虎距龙盘最难防; 迎刚化柔单边挡,遇敌直来须侧伤;上打猿猴攀垂柳,下攻势如虎扑羊;拳出南山虎豹惧,脚踢北海 蛟龙亡。
      白虎拳技击腿法、手法均很丰富,如跟子腿、抢腿、摆腿、双飞燕以及百挂拳、杀手、飞云手、滑车手、斩手 、番云手等等。步法则以进、退、转、换、盖、插、跳步等为主;身法讲究浮、沉、吞、吐、俯、仰、屈、伸。眼 法多虎视。
    切磋技艺

[白虎拳]

身形如虎,拳出如风,劈山掌、铜头功、螳螂拳、梅花刀……雷剑宾馆8楼,来自少林、武当、峨眉、青城的武林 好手上演连台好戏,千手观音彭元子得意弟子、有“小老虎”之称的江少明挟绝迹60多年的白虎拳出山,其虎爪 刚健迅捷,刚一露面就吸引了媒体及众多高手。专程从美国芝加哥赶来访友切磋技艺的Bruce Moran按捺不住,也登台较技,一番颇为地道的太极推手赢得满堂彩。
    川内高手齐聚蓉城
      宾馆陆续出现了一批又一批身强体健的“怪客”,不少人手中都带着一个包裹,包裹里除了练武的“行头”之 外,还有刀、枪、剑等器械。八楼大门外,两名负责接待的人面前摆着一本小册子,册子上净是些峨眉、少林、青 城、僧门、查拳、洪门、字门、螳螂等名头。明眼人一看,就知道来的都是些“练家子”。
      另一侧一个活动室内,一些“练家子”早已摆开了架势。8个小孩子正演练着螳螂拳,最小的邓安杰仅4岁。 他睁大好奇的眼睛,看着师兄、师姐们呼呼生风地打着各种套路。
      峨眉派武学大师吴信良来了,青城派掌门刘绥滨来了,很快,从南充、德阳、乐山等地赶来的100多位武林 好手齐聚一堂。成都市武协副秘书长王学贤宣布:“成都2006峨眉武术论坛正式开始。”
    绝迹白虎拳出手惊人
      论坛上,已绝迹60多年的白虎拳吸引了大家的注意。白虎拳出自已故的有“蜀中第一快手之称的“千手观音 ”彭元子。彭元子穷尽一生,集峨眉僧门精华,挖掘出白虎、黑豹、金狮三套拳路,可惜一直无人得见。其成都弟 子江少明自10岁便拜师于彭元子门下,经38年的勤学苦练,终于有所成就。
      “来,试试。”江少明在记者面前拉开架势,虎爪撩掌、恶虎扑食……只见他双手忽左忽右飘忽不定,时而拳 化掌,时而掌化成爪,让人不辨虚实,记者的面颊只觉一阵猛烈的风刮过,骇然不已。“千手千手,就是指周身都 是手,让你防不胜防。”拳路演完,旁边众人不由轰然喝彩。
      江少明家住水井街,有“小老虎”之称,曾任解放军总前卫总教练。这套白虎拳,还是“失踪”数十年之后首 次出现在世人面前。
    老外太极推手够地道

[白虎拳]

白虎拳吸引了从芝加哥赶来的美国武林好手Bruce Moran的注意。53岁的Bruce Moran在芝加哥太极俱乐部任教练,研习中国的太极、八卦、气功等,对博大精深的中华武术倾慕不已。此次 专程赴成都进行医学交流,正赶上此次川内武术盛会。见江少明的白虎拳着实了得,他脱下外衣,以自己尤为擅长 的太极推手与江少明“过招”。
      只见两人一只手臂“沾”在一起不停划圈,几番推揉下来,江少明右手一闪,也推至Bruce Moran的腹部。Bruce Moran地地道道的太极推手也让江少明佩服不已,对这名执着的老外,他竖起大拇指,连声“OK”,赞赏不 已。他说,Bruce Moran也窥知太极推手个中真味,让人不敢小觑。
      论坛一直持续至下午6时许,少林、武当、峨眉、青城等十数位蜀中高手登台较技,其中不乏四川省传统武术 的冠军得主。

扩展阅读:

http://www.scol.com.cn/nsichuan/tpbd...0061995303.htm

开放分类:
    武术,拳术

百度百科中的词条内容仅供参考,如果您需要解决具体问题(尤其在法律、医学等领域),建议您咨询相关领域专 业人士。
    本词条对我有帮助
    添加到搜藏
    分享到:

合作编辑者
    百科小鼠 ,百科ROBOT ,zy19842006
    如果您认为本词条还需进一步完善,百科欢迎您也来参与编辑词条在开始编辑前,您还可以先学习如 何编辑词条

如想投诉,请到百度百科投诉中心;如想提出意见、建议,请到百度百科吧。
    百科蝌蚪团 百科分类管理员 核心用户

成长任务

日常任务

热词推送

编辑热词可获得额外经验值

词条动态

进入我的百科

您目前的等级是级
    您目前的经验值是点
    您还需点经验值即可升为级
    词条统计

浏览次数:约 次
    编辑次数:6次 历史版本
    最近更新:2010-06-29
    创建者:zy19842006
    © 2011 Baidu 权利声明"

[QUOTE=Jorge;1032931]
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Do you really think his stuff looks normal? really? I think the tom foolery with that camp is 100% self evident. From wrapping straight swords to dressing up and throwing weakly formed punches while not even connected to the ground!

One doesn't need to be connected to the ground in order to Fajin. Thats where the spine comes into play. Jook Lum Mantis has the same theory! Do you know your short hand?

Yes, it does look normal! I hit hanging bags to train my iron palm...How many schools don't train in the same fashion. I put on Jow and hit a bag. Whats so Tom Foolery about that. The only Tom Foolery is you making believe you know what we train. Which is very obvious that you don't. Let me find out, you think I train with a Merlin hat on.LOLOL

Buby
    Last edited by Faruq; 08-19-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

David Ross....you don't have the right to play with our Teacher's photo....go and play with your photos.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

Dr Harut

Remember, even if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter!

Now go support
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Harut View Post
    David Ross....you don't have the right to play with our Teacher's photo....go and play with your photos.
    actually, parody of images of pubic personalities that exist in the public domain is perfectly legal; so he has every right to do just that;

Lkfmdc,

Just paid loan. Watch this soy choy. Okay, mma guys do this. BRB gotta do some translating.

LOL

I wish I could hire some vampire hitman for these guys.... seriously.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    He should resurrect Billy Mays as his pitchman!
    I dam near fell outta my chair laughing at that.........
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

So, for example, if I get unethical and childish like Ross and play with his teacher's photo that would be legal yes? Although am not unethical as Ross is.

Am an athlete or supporter,that can be judged live...and I consider myself a practitionar of martial arts since 1976.
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 08-18-2010 at 02:28 PM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    So, for example, if I get unethical and childish like Ross and play with his teacher's photo that would be legal yes? Although am not unethical as Ross is
    who cares it's the interwebs.....

some people take sh!t way to serious....

And a warning.... Ross has a way with getting under peoples skin... ask our local ding bat... he's infatuated with him......
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

If he's all cranky and pulling his panties out of his crack over THAT, just wait
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 08-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....