Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

Question Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

Hello brothers and sisters of the arts,

I hope all of you are well as always. I read through some of the history of Bak Fu Pai as addressed in this forum but, unfortunately, much of the material there dissolved to personal attacks, criticisms, etc. upon fellow artists so I present this once again in hopes of obtaining insightful knowledge. I would like to know if anyone has trained / currently trains in this art? Also, has anyone trained / trains at the White Tiger Kung Fu school? I would like to find out your opinion about the systems effectiveness versus other styles you may have encountered? Also, is the Iron Palm taught to be utilized in self defense situations or just for personal accomplishment / advancement? Thank you and continue your pursuit of enlightenment.

Best regards,

YellaDragon

Why? Why must you pick at the scabs? Do they itch that bad?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hoping to avoid the scabs

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Why? Why must you pick at the scabs? Do they itch that bad?
    Well David, I was hoping that some folks would be able to assist me in obtaining core knowledge of my inquiry as opposed to typewriter abuse upon one another lol

oh lawd here we go again...

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa,,,gih, gih, gih, bwahahahahahahahahahahaha....gih, gih, gih....bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa,,,gih, gih, gih, bwahahahahahahahahahah....gih, gih, gih....bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa,,,gih, gih, gih, bahahahahahahahahah....gih, gih, gih....bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa,,,gih, gih, gih, bwahahahahahahahaaha....gih, gih, gih....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by YellaDragon View Post
    Well David, I was hoping that some folks would be able to assist me in obtaining core knowledge of my inquiry as opposed to typewriter abuse upon one another lol
    just google "doo wai" and you're good to go.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

dood,you just picked one of the most controversial subjects in the kung fu community,sorta like asking about green dragon studios,LOL. you will never get a straight answer. i dont think anyone on here studies this art. you will run into alot of he said,they said, stuff. your best bet is to just stay away from it. in my opinion.

I recently threw away an old issue of karate / kung fu illustrated from 1986 which had doo wai on the cover. He was talking about the art, but it's been so long since I've read it that I don't recall what he said...I bought it way back then because I was a kid, and he was wearing purple and black, posing with a staff and it look so uber cool and legit. I wanted to train in bok fu pai. those were the nostalgic, impressionable days.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

why? why can't people just let this go? just let it die; please, please, just let it die...

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I recently threw away an old issue of karate / kung fu illustrated from 1986 which had doo wai on the cover. He was talking about the art, but it's been so long since I've read it that I don't recall what he said...I bought it way back then because I was a kid, and he was wearing purple and black, posing with a staff and it look so uber cool and legit. I wanted to train in bok fu pai. those were the nostalgic, impressionable days.
    Just say "NO!"
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Bwahahahahahaha!!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Bak Fu Pai has internal and external forms. It's similar to many southern kung fu styles and I think comes from Changsha...

Yellow Dragon,
    Regardless of the martial drama about these schools, I actually have friends who train at both establishments (one at each)...and they seem to be quite happy with it. I do know that White Dragon and Bak Fu Pai, in San Diego have fragmented somewhat from their original organizations and that they tend to be on the more commercial side $$$, looking for long term committments. That's up to you. Are you in San Diego County? From what my friends tell me they train hard and they seem to show some good martial skill. They have both been there for years and are upper level students.

I have checked out both schools myself when searching for a place to train and I can tell you the salesmanship and BS they dished out upfront turned me off. Thats me though...one of the things I liked though is that White Dragon offered you a weekly personal training session. Bak Fu Pai is more adult orientated program and White Dragon is much more kid/family friendly and places a big emphasis on getting your belts, if thats what you want.

Hope that helps...

El Guapo
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost