Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

and PS, for those who don't remember, the whole reason the CTS go after Doo Wai is because he and his lunatic forum talked about CTS......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

There will never be another Doo Wai...

Doo Wai is a real martial hero, everyone else is a pretender...

Loans paid off for today guys? Continue the Bukkake to the left. You've got this forums face white...

I hear the grapes in napa are really good and very pungent. Gotta get out there one day.

Ross...I'll not call you names....but it was not on our forum we talked about your teacher...it was here and we apologized for it just because its unethical to talk about people who passed over.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    haha photo shop at it's best....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Isn't Garry Hearfield (Fiercest Tiger) your sifu? If that is correct, then you certainly have learned his post fu well. Besides, isn't Garry into the whole internal/healing aspect of martial arts now what with his Wun Yuen Yat Hei Jeung system and all? So, how can Buby be from a "different branch" when Garry espouses the same healing aspects as Doo Wai?
    hey. im not trying to get between yall in this convo and i mos def arent taking sides but its my understanding that where lineage is concerned when a sigung has multiple sifu under them and they have seperate schools that this would be the beginning of a new branch... anytime i read up on a style i always head straight for the family tree and i see that pyramid effect going on, right. so how far removed do you guys think a line needs to be to be considered a different branch??? in my personal family tree(my real fam) my grandfather has three sons, my father being the oldest, i being his oldest, makes me the senior branch of our tree, but down the line it will be considered a different line, eventually. so, again, how far removed do yall think one needs to be to be considered a diff branch???
    just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I don't concern myself with history, politics or all the mystical stuff. I like to train good hands regardless of style. I seek out teachers, not styles!
    i agree, to an extent... but theoritically speaking, if two people who were equal studied under one sifu each, both equal in drive passion and ability to learn and teach, i still think some styles will outshine others. this gets hard to distinguish when one style is almost as good as the other but its really easy to distinguish with some styles... experience will tell you, sometimes, that certain styles are garbage... some styles are straight up fraud in my opinion. like some retard learns like 5 forms from a style, quits or is kicked out because of charactor issues then down the road starts teaching that style either under the same style name or even another they just made up. the results will not be the same as if you had learned from a teacher that has learned the whole style and can execute ALL its principles from begginer to expert. clearly, no matter how much effort is put in, one will be better than the other... esspecially when we're talking about internal styles. you always hear those stories of people hurting themselves or even killing themselves by doing chikung, or whatever, wrong. with these internal styles that have alot of depth, the small details make all the difference... just my opinion, but i know im not alone in thinking this way... its hard to know whats good and what isnt when your green, you just need to put in the time and educate yourself as best you can and with a little luck you'll find a truly authentic and great style... but maybe, probably, not on your first time out. esspecially if you just pick em out of the phone book. i feel if you go to a school and they get mad at you for learning asmuch as you can about kungfu in general, not the movements, but the history, the results etc etc, then maybe youre being taken for a ride... nothing wrong with doing some comparison on your own... just keep in mind that you are a novice and that you need to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and really listen to your intuition...

I don't know, I would have to find out. If I'm not mistaken, Doo Wai's father taught the military and thats where Doo Wai's father met CLC. Doo Wai's family was also famous for their medicine and healing

but if he taught in the military would we not see others proficient in his style? regardless of whether they are allowed to teach it or not??? have you ever heard of anyone claiming to know BFP that didnt learn from doo wai??? not counting the whole jim lacy fiasco???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    hey. im not trying to get between yall in this convo and i mos def arent taking sides but its my understanding that where lineage is concerned when a sigung has multiple sifu under them and they have seperate schools that this would be the beginning of a new branch... anytime i read up on a style i always head straight for the family tree and i see that pyramid effect going on, right. so how far removed do you guys think a line needs to be to be considered a different branch??? in my personal family tree(my real fam) my grandfather has three sons, my father being the oldest, i being his oldest, makes me the senior branch of our tree, but down the line it will be considered a different line, eventually. so, again, how far removed do yall think one needs to be to be considered a diff branch???
    just curious...
    when your children have children. when teh style is mixed with other styles outside of what was taught originally

all the fudge leads back to jimmy and his half assed education in whatever it is he decides to dole out.

I find it hilarious that people put stock in cheffy mcfalseass

well, that's enough vitriol about doo from me for now.

p.s name one old school master that vouches for him. ha!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

dead flies

i think the only way i would ever believe that somebody ressurected a fly, a few criteria must be met...
    #1 in person, its so easy to mess with film... maybe later i'll post myself on film making cards levitate, i can even do it live on webcam if need be, im not good enough to do it in person but it can obviously be done.. point is, its a trick even tho it looks awesome... i'd be willing to look at video as evidence but i thik i'd still be skeptical...
    #2 i need to see you kill the fly person... i need to know how you intend on killing it and i'll need some time to do research to be satisfied that this will actually kill it... it must be done in a manner that leaves absolutely no boubt as to its death... if you can make a human appear dead with chemicals or meditation to doctors, and a fly is an insect with far greater constitution than a human, i need to know its dead beyond a shadow of a doubt...
    #3 i need to see your hands and any other gear you may use, i insist you wash your hands etc, under my supervision, before the trick is done...
    #4 if any parts are removed, like a head! i need that part to be reatached in the end... im no etymologist, but ive heard of other bugs actually living with less the 100% of their bodies, even the head... so, to behead a fly and see it fly away sans head, i dunno if that would be that impressive to me, i'd have to do some research first...
    now if it was like a 1lb rat that i watched you chop its head off(better yet let me do it) and you reattached the head and revived it, then i'd be impressed forsure... again, i would need to see this in person tho... no sleaves, no switchy switchy... all done under my supervision and under my strict controls... im not a mystic... i believe in some things people see as mystical but i believe there are explanations... like chi for example, i find it fascinating that there are so many paralells between that philosophy and quantum field theory... im a scientist at heart and i use the scientifical method in all my research, theoretical or directly observable...

DR HAROUT... how do you kill the fly? do you kill it urself or do you just find one on the window sill thats been there for months? now that would be impressive, if done under previously specified controls...

SYN7 -"i agree, to an extent... but theoritically speaking, if two people who were equal studied under one sifu each, both equal in drive passion and ability to learn and teach, i still think some styles will outshine others."

You just proved my point! You said if two people trained the same thing under the same sifu. Then it comes down to the individual. Thats why I search for teachers, not styles. Of course if I want to do grappling I'm not going to go to a kung fu sifu. I'm gonig to look for the best grappling instructor I can, kung fu or not. Regardless of style or fame. Fame wise.... We have a saying in PR, its the quite ones that have the music inside. I've found that to be very true.

Bro, thanks for your advice. I appreciate it! I've been around the block more then once and feel very confident in my Sifu and the arts he has chosen to share with me. I enjoy training them and they work for me...thats all that matters after all!

Yes Brother, a beginner for life as there is always something new.

Bless,

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-18-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    when your children have children. when teh style is mixed with other styles outside of what was taught originally
    word... so in the end, you feel that if you have a diff sigung its a new branch? does it have to be mixed with other styles? or can it just be a diff interpretation of the same style? i think i believe both....

all the fudge leads back to jimmy and his half assed education in whatever it is he decides to dole out.
    huh? jim lacy you mean? explain please... do you consider lacy BFP???

p.s name one old school master that vouches for him. ha!
    ive never heard anyone talk about him unless they were either a student or a critic... nothing else...
    Ockham's razor states that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one... so when all you have is negativity surrounding you from outside your own circle, the hype is probably the truth... i dont know him but he sure does have alot of haters calling him all sorts of things... i have never heard of any other sifu in north america surrounded by so much contraversy...

The student says: what does the true master do when he is on an airplain that is going to crash?
    The Teacher replies: A true master wouldnt get on a plane that is going to crash...

so why did doo wai give lacy any material at all? did he B&E the guys house? purchase it? or was it given to him in good faith???
    doo wai says lacy was never his student, but did they ever have any relationship in any way? or did some stranger jack this guy? how did doo wai even let lacy happen? im not being a critic, im on an info mission... i practice bak mei and thats the only reason i even know who he is... i am studying(intellectually, not physically) as many lines as i can find and doo wai popped and and all i can find is student testamonials of his greatness and everyone else dissing the guy... whuttup???

SYN7 -"i agree, to an extent... but theoritically speaking, if two people who were equal studied under one sifu each, both equal in drive passion and ability to learn and teach, i still think some styles will outshine others."
    no, you misunderstood... what i said was "i agree, to an extent... but theoritically speaking, if two people who were equal studied under one sifu EACH, both equal in drive passion and ability to learn and teach, i still think some styles will outshine others."
    note the word EACH as in two teachers, two students, both equal in drive passion and ability to learn(the two students) and teach(the two teachers)

sorry if that was confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Jamieson,

Okay, cool. Here we go then. You see it as a cheap imitation of what? Bak Mei? Bak Mei just looks like a cheap imitation of Boxing. Boxing looks like a cheap imitation of not being able to afford a knife...

oh no he didnt... explain please? im curious as to the paralells you draw between bak mei and boxing??? what are you basing this on? while you are at it, could you please list the bak mei forms you are familliar with and, again, draw some paralells for me...

On the net, I have seen one example of Doo Wai that is, so-so. The rest I have seen of it, is shiit. Unless we are talking for an 80 year old man. However, I have seen excellent examples.

The swords, and dresses, and stories, and all around psychological mess, yeah, I have not a clue about that. but can make a good guess. Anyhow, I agree with you there.

For the iron body training regiments, what is wrong with it? I see it as pretty beneficial. For their iron palm, such as their water training...Again what is wrong with it? It makes pretty good sense really and seems to work just fine. Their forms are pretty basic, gussied up Bak Mei if you want to look at it that way. Again what is wrong with them? How are they not efficient in a fight? Their two man stuff? Why is it bad and what have you actually seen of it?

I am not talking about people doing whatever bad,,,on the net. I am saying, the actual stuff, what is bad about it? If a person trains it to fight with it, how does it not work? How is it any different? What makes it different?

and one more question... do you agree that the top senior of any style should be the shining example of said style??? ive seen the one clip of doo wai in the 70's and it was "so so"... curious as to your thoughts on this...

Jamieson,

Talking for me, that is just it though. I haven't followed him. I got some of his information cheap. So what? It's not crap that I am clinging to. I am not clinging to it. I am just explaining to you that some of their methods are good. You make it out like I am a representative of their style and could give a shiit about their lineage...If he was selling it for 100 dollars, and acted properly, you wouldn't call him a charlatan. But, you would still wear your Nike shoes...If we want to look at it from the point of view of money, what Sifu do you know that isn't a charlatan? Come on, just a little bit right? hehe.
    i pay 60 bucks a month for three classes a week. each class is between 3 to 4 hours long, if you come early and stay to the end for pingpong ... and sifu always buys us lunch and gives us stuff... the lucky money envelopes before demos or lion dances (usually both), etc etc... he's a respected member of his community, EVERYONE thinks he's the man and he has his own money seperate from kungfu... he does it for the love of the art and the fact that he believes its whats good for the community... he's not out to get rich... there are no tapes or books for sale and you do not pay a fee for level tests as their arent any... we dont charge for demos and we are always down to help rep for a sister school... to me, thats real... a huge selling point for anyone lookig into the style... he has bought all the gear from his own pocket and its my understanding the 60 bucks goes to the athletic association(oldskool hongkong style), not his pocket...