Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inquiry about Bak Fu Pai

It needs to be understood that when the great majority of people who are practicing some particular esoterica, are confronted with the falsehood of what they have spent their time training to achieve, by people who can easily refute what they do and demonstrate reality to the contrary, there will arise the phenomena where your advice to the blind goes unheeded and is instead viewed as an attack on their common sense and their world view.

As Fred said: "We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the way in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us".

When you point out that the emperor has no clothes, others will still see him fully dressed despite your observation. Dim eyes have trouble seeing truth.

All beligerance from ignorance aside that is. There will always be tag along monkeys who will shout from behind. they don't understand either and simply gravitate to what they percieve to be the favoured position. Usually they derive this by the amount of people who are on one side or the other. they don't often understand what the argument is about in teh first place.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It needs to be understood that when the great majority of people who are practicing some particular esoterica, are confronted with the falsehood of what they have spent their time training to achieve, by people who can easily refute what they do and demonstrate reality to the contrary, there will arise the phenomena where your advice to the blind goes unheeded and is instead viewed as an attack on their common sense and their world view.

As Fred said: "We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the way in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us".

When you point out that the emperor has no clothes, others will still see him fully dressed despite your observation. Dim eyes have trouble seeing truth.

All beligerance from ignorance aside that is. There will always be tag along monkeys who will shout from behind. they don't understand either and simply gravitate to what they percieve to be the favoured position. Usually they derive this by the amount of people who are on one side or the other. they don't often understand what the argument is about in teh first place.
    LOLOLOLOL

Is the above in reference to me?

How do you explain what this gentleman is doing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTir6cISA8

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-14-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

Is the above in reference to me?

How do you explain what this gentleman is doing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTir6cISA8

Buby
    Did the sun rise on your account today? It shines over all of us doesn't it?

John Chang? You're kidding right?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Did the sun rise on your account today? It shines over all of us doesn't it?

John Chang? You're kidding right?
    If you know something about John Chang being a fake, please enlighten me!

And whats with the riddles? A Yes or No would have done the trick.

Bro, believe what you will of me. What I find funny is...that I said its not my cup of tea. Yet you guys come on here calling me crazy as if ya actually knew me.LOLOL Yet, none of ya know me or have spoken to me on some **** in the past. I relay that I saw a vid of it being demoed and again, I'm crazy! I go on to say, my thing is the fighting aspects of the system and again it goes to I'm crazy. Please believe what you will of me and thank God that I'm really not crazy!

Buby

does doo wai have video of GOW BO TOI 9 step push.. I heard he learned up to Ying Jow, I wonder if he picked up GBT later?..all his tiger fur print youtube clips look like basic BM combo's from SJ and SMK forms, I don't see any of that coil and spit really though from the more advanced forms...http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=E5Ty...eature=related

If you know something about John Chang being a fake, please enlighten me!

And whats with the riddles? A Yes or No would have done the trick.

Bro, believe what you will of me. What I find funny is...that I said its not my cup of tea. Yet you guys come on here calling me crazy as if ya actually knew me.LOLOL Yet, none of ya know me or have spoken to me on some **** in the past. I relay that I saw a vid of it being demoed and again, I'm crazy! I go on to say, my thing is the fighting aspects of the system and again it goes to I'm crazy. Please believe what you will of me and thank God that I'm really not crazy!

Buby
    I don't know you. I was responding to you in such a way as to point out what was self evident.

That you are unable to see the falacy of what Chang presents or Doo Wai is all that was pointed out by that. BUt you are of course free to believe what you like, including flying pigs if that is your desire.

eating dung is not my cupo of tea either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Simple science peeps, Flies will go into a state similar to hibernation when chilled. When they warm up again, they become active. No hocus pocus, just science.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    does doo wai have video of GOW BO TOI 9 step push.. I heard he learned up to Ying Jow, I wonder if he picked up GBT later?..all his tiger fur print youtube clips look like basic BM combo's from SJ and SMK forms, I don't see any of that coil and spit really though from the more advanced forms...http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=E5Ty...eature=related
    Nah, I don't have one of 9 step. I really don't know how far he went with the CLC Pak Mei. Could have been up to Ying Jow. I wouldn't know if he picked up 9 S. afterwards. I can ask and get back to you. Also, which 9 step are you making reference too? CLC Pak Mei, Omei Pak Mei or Bak Fu Pai?

Basics is what gets the job done. Yes, very plain and straight forward so its easy for the beginner to understand and use. I'm not aware of any of those forms being the higher level forms. I might be wrong, so I"ll double check that.

Can I ask how much time you have training short hand? I ask, because the more time you put into your short hand, you'll start to notice that your movements become smaller. Circles become tighter, less becomes more, your movements are faster and less noticeable. This type of evolution is found in all the short hand systems. With proper guidance you'll see what I'm talking about, if you haven't already. Also, you have to understand that BFP is not PM, so there are going to be differences.

I see you have Ng Ying. Thats whats up!

Buby
    Last edited by Jorge; 08-14-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Nah, I don't have one of 9 step. I really don't know how far he went with the CLC Pak Mei. Could have been up to Ying Jow. I wouldn't know if he picked up 9 S. afterwards. I can ask and get back to you. Also, which 9 step are you making reference too? CLC Pak Mei, Omei Pak Mei or Bak Fu Pai?

Basics is what gets the job done. Yes, very plain and straight forward so its easy for the beginner to understand and use. I'm not aware of any of those forms being the higher level forms. I might be wrong, so I"ll double check that.

Can I ask how much time you have training short hand? I ask, because the more time you put into your short hand, you'll start to notice that your movements become smaller. Circles become tighter, less becomes more, your movements are faster and less noticeable. This type of evolution is found in all the short hand systems. With proper guidance you'll see what I'm talking about, if you haven't already. Also, you have to understand that BFP is not PM, so there are going to be differences.

I see you have Ng Ying. Thats whats up!

Buby
    With all due respect I have seen children with greater gung fu skill than this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=E5Ty...eature=related
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I dont think the link is good. I take it was of Sigung Doo Wai. Ok.

If you don't mind can I ask you to post something of yourself?

Thank you in advance,

Buby

Who are you to judge me?
    it's a public forum, Schmedrick; if u don't know how these things work, u may not want to log on in the first place

Do you know me?
    Buby
    no, I don't know you; but I've heard the same drivel about BFP from many others on here, and I don't have to know u personally to know kookie when I read / see it;

dead flies is not my thing. There are other ways of testing your healing energy.
    really? care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    his structure is abyssmal; his mechanics are fragmented; his focus is non-existent and quite frankly it looks like he is improvising;

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post

Thank you in advance,

Buby
    LOL in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I dont think the link is good. I take it was of Sigung Doo Wai. Ok.

Thank you in advance,

Buby
    I'm sorry but IMHO the grandmaster of a system of martial art should have rare skill. From what I have seen in video Dou Wai is rather common in appearance. If you could show me different I'd become an instant fan as I love the martial arts even when performed less than perfect the spirit of the practice and art shines through.

As far as my skill? I'm nothing special aside from practicing daily for a while now but then again I am not a master or even a grand master

Video? Of me?

There is plenty floating about
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Buby, what's up bro? How you been? Hope all is well.

Come on guys, let's try this again...I've seen Doo Wai do good performances, on video. I've seen him do bad performances, on video. If a person trains Bak Fu Pai practically, they can come up with some good results. One can say that about any art. It's all intent.

With all that said aside, who here knows Doo Wai? Does anyone here seriously know this guy? Really?

Kung Lek, do you know him? I like Toisan Black Tiger. My face hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Buby, what's up bro? How you been? Hope all is well.

Come on guys, let's try this again...I've seen Doo Wai do good performances, on video. I've seen him do bad performances, on video. If a person trains Bak Fu Pai practically, they can come up with some good results. One can say that about any art. It's all intent.

With all that said aside, who here knows Doo Wai? Does anyone here seriously know this guy? Really?

Kung Lek, do you know him? I like Toisan Black Tiger. My face hurts.
    Can you show a vid that is a good representative example of the systems rare skilln sets?
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi