Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best streetfighter in mma

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Lee Murray a colorful story but gets destroyed by Anderson Silva.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7z...y-part-3_sport
    put them in the street and id pick murray to be honest

IMO, there is too much difference in the ring-fighting ability for Murray to overcome Silva in the street. Silva is a true MMAist so I doubt that Murray could pull something out that Silva would not be ready for. Just maybe Murray could put up a better showing in the street than the cage but I can't see him winning against silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    put them in the street and id pick murray to be honest
    Why would you say that? Didn't Murray almost die getting knifed on the street?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

not sure probably he has been in enough fights, he has been knifed, been attacked by groups probably shot at , fact is he was the guy in that part of london to test yourself against, add to that the security firm stuff he has done and he has real street experience, he also has knock out power and is used to fighting without gloves etc

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Also, a young George Foreman is a level of athlete that mma hasn't seen yet.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Nice thread on the UG. Let's do it here.

Here's a list of candidates:

Fedor Emelianenko
    Bas Rutten
    Don Frye
    Ramage Jackson
    Wanderlai Silva
    Vitor Belfort
    Roger Huerta
    Mirko Cro Cop
    Tank Abbott
    Marco Ruas
    Antonio Noguiera
    Frank Shamrock
    Ken Shamrock
    Mark Coleman
    Jens Pulver

.....and just for the sake of pure ferocity and punching power, lets also include Marciano, Tyson, Duran, Hearns, Pryor, Foreman, and Dempsey.

What say you guys?
    I'm **** near sure that there is a vid of Coleman in a streetfight (or is it Hendo?) its CCTV footage from a bar and I'm convinced that Wallid Ismael is involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lee murray wrecked tito outside a night club in the uk

he would get my vote, he has had dozens of street fights and destroyed guys standing and with suplexs lol
    never heard the suplexes thing, but wouldnt put it past him, he was an absolute legend around here before any mma training too...

The gypsy thing doesnt surprise me, hence

he did yes, but was back training 6? weeks later. and this was the result of a fued with local travellers i am led to believe

IMO, there is too much difference in the ring-fighting ability for Murray to overcome Silva in the street. Silva is a true MMAist so I doubt that Murray could pull something out that Silva would not be ready for. Just maybe Murray could put up a better showing in the street than the cage but I can't see him winning against silva.
    have you actually seen the fight? Silva refused to bang with Murray, and even stayed on his back whilst Murray walked around him. On the street Silva would have been decimated

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    yes tito supposedly rushed murray and tried to throw a hook murray ducks under it comes up and drops tito then stomps on his melon while hes down

lol at the gyspy fight what a nut
    one punched him then kicked his head like a field goal!

Lee Murray a colorful story but gets destroyed by Anderson Silva.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7z...y-part-3_sport
    watch the full fight...

but my vote goes to tyson. he destroyed that guys career on the street and he would one punch anyone with bare hands.

no doubt about it.

the only defence anyone could have is by not getting caught, and people used to find that pretty difficult

Many of the Gracies had their share of street fights in Brazil as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Of course, you have probably never seen any vintage boxing footage so you really don't know what you are talking about. If you have seen a lot of vintage footage, with that comment, it is clear that you don't know anything.

Of course, you have probably never seen any vintage boxing footage so you really don't know what you are talking about. If you have seen a lot of vintage footage, with that comment, it is clear that you don't know anything.
    he was a good athlete but you have had olyimpic champs compete in MMA not to mention K1 full time pros as well, Kerr was a machine, etc there have been great athetes in MMA

Foreman has actually said had MMA been around back then, he may well have entered MMA instead of boxing.

I remember watching the young George Foreman when it was live. George was awesomely strong but I don't believe his conditioning was any better that a professional MMA fighter. Probably the best conditioned combat sports athletes are wrestlers.

Conditoning is sport specific, it's a waste of time comparing one with the other.
    The best conditioned athletes are the ones that are well conditioned for what they do.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thats why I do all my endurance training in the bedroom BADAAOOUUU!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Conditoning is sport specific, it's a waste of time comparing one with the other.
    The best conditioned athletes are the ones that are well conditioned for what they do.
    true hence why so many wrestlers gas in mma, 3 x 5 minute rounds calls for a totally different conditioning setup than 3 minute rounds

Frost, you're at Leicester Shoot right?

Wandy is coming to you buddy!