Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fighting not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol, I don't have to save! I just converted the values over!
    bwahahahaa.

these days, I am quite gnostic in my relationship with god.

we're tight, it's all good.
    Just keep an eye out for the "Thai Surprise" that's all and watch out for the "Terceira Perna" if you are ever in Brasil.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Just keep an eye out for the "Thai Surprise" that's all and watch out for the "Terceira Perna" if you are ever in Brasil.

Terceira Perna
    Kung Fu is good for you.

BBWWAHHHHH !!!
    Nice one.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Exclamation You human.

Humans have been fighting ever since they could be called "humans". Some day that may change.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 08-12-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Terceira Perna
    Hey David, is that your Tae Kwon Do master?

"The purpose of all martial art is an end to fighting." - Shizuo Imaizumi

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinboxer View Post
    "The purpose of all martial art is an end to fighting." - Shizuo Imaizumi
    This is true.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    so true some here don't believe it....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    so true some here don't believe it....
    Many don't.

But maybe it's because they don't realize that they have the power to stop violence already.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Frank, the problem is (I would assume it is an internal one stylistically speaking) some of these people who propose that martial arts or Chinese martial art specifically is/should-be more or less about the "spiritual" aspect and that violence/violent nature of martial arts should be an undertone below that. I believe some of these guy's styles/systems may not have been created for violent altercations e.g. REVOLUTIONS and such. Perhaps I am wrong, but this is just one example I can think of.

For example Ueshiba Morihei, the founder of Aikido was pretty much a pacifist and created his own system based on the ideals and philosophies he held were TRUE. I respect that, he has absolute faith in his personal ideologies regarding how people should behave and how martial arts should reflect his preferences.

Personally I completely disagree, but remember, you and I are students of CLF, this is a system that was designed for massive amounts of turmoil, war, and bloodshed. There is nothing "fun" about learning CLF circa 200 years ago when most likely your destiny in life is to go out, fight, kill, and eventually be killed.

Hence the way our Sifus taught us, were based on those original ideologies, extremely militant, violent, and frankly unsightly methods. But for us two, at least, denying the archetypal nature of CLF as something OTHER than the personification of violence is something that I feel as "IMPURE" if you catch my drift.

And to teach it as otherwise, is a b4stardization of the art.

Maybe White Crane grew out of some monk's philosophizing regarding self defense and how to not hurt ppl as much as possible; I don't know, I don't study the system. But this is a brief explanation regarding Frank's viewpoint, something I share in this discourse, and my opinions on why different people from varying backgrounds feel the way they do.

enjoy
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

ok, in another way of saying it.

You don't train martial arts to start fights, you train so you can end them as quickly as possible.

sometimes all it takes is a word or two.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

this is caused by people's different perception of culture. in america, if a man says he says he believes in god, but does cocaine and takes it up the ass, hes not religious, but hes "spiritual".

spirituality in the chinese martial art world is one with racism and chinese nationalism and . they are one and the same. spiritual fulfillment in chinese kung fu world is vengeance. which not many kung fu people even in china understand.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-18-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    this is caused by people's different perception of culture. in america, if a man says he says he believes in god, but does cocaine and takes it up the ass, hes not religious, but hes "spiritual".

spirituality in the chinese martial art world is one with racism and chinese nationalism and . they are one and the same. spiritual fulfillment in chinese kung fu world is vengeance. which not many kung fu people even in china understand.
    There is nothing specifically in the bible about cocaine and I don't think there's anything about taking it up the ass either.

I think there is an implied no no no about gayness in Leviticus of teh old testament, but it's been said, it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, it's what comes out.

I think you're too hard on the chinese. They've been on a long weird trip for thousands of years and teh world has changed hard on them in only the last century or so.

Wait til they catch up and then we're all in the soup. wait and see.

everybody worried about sharia law, wait until you live in china world™!

coming soon to a planet near you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

Dave Ross, what I can't figure out is your love and hate relationship with China. Why make such false statements and untrue assumptions about "spiritual fulfillment in chinese kung fu world"?

What are you trying to achieve? Or what are you trying to convince people? That there is no morality in Kung fu and because of that we should all take up Kick Boxing, because it is more "functional"?

I have seen some desperate marketing in my time, but yours takes the cake......

bawang is not david ross... ross is an American dude, bawang is Chinese.....
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori