Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stan Lee's Super Humans

Stan Lee's Super Humans

The History channel is airing an episode of Stan Lee's super humans, titled "Killer Punch" featuring a Shaolin Monk...I didn't see a posting for this but looks like a good show airing on 8/12/10. Here's the link. http://www.history.com/shows/stan-le...sodes/#slide-2
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Yan Ming again!

Warrior monk Shi Yan Ming shocked the world by moving to New York in 1992, marking the first time that a Shaolin monk has ever defected from China. By harnessing the power of Qi, or vital energy, he's taken Bruce Lee's infamous "one-inch punch" to a new level.
    Wasn't he the first monk to teach dapaoquan in America too?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

So the first episode of the show...not bad but not much depth either so expect some misinformation about Kung Fu and Shaolin but should be interesting to watch the punch results.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

The Best Line

There was a smattering of talk about Qi which led to the line later in the segment "Yeah, it looks like he has lot of Qi in him" by the host.

I didn't catch the episode, how were his punch results?

Monk Shi Yan Ming on Stan Lee's Superhumans

anyone see it? i dvr'ed it and am watching it now. testing the force of some of his punches and one inch punch.

im ready to hear criticisms:
    - when they broke sticks over his body they broke them with mechanical advantage, not qi
    - he pulled his one inch punch back on the high speed
    - wtf one inch punch has nothing to do with qi
    - etc.

btw Superhumans is a cool show. watch it.
    Last edited by IronFist; 08-13-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Is it just me or is it every time Yan Ming's name come's up on this forum people try to discredit him?

And no Gene he wasn't the first monk to teach large cannon, the add was misinterpreted, it was the first time he taught large cannon in the states.

772 pounds of force to the face.

2 inches of deflection to the chest.

One inch punch (that was at least 3 inches) was put in car accident terms In laymen’s terms it was greater than a 30 mile per hour crash which is what they say about everybody and everything.

From fight science

Kung fu guy 612
    Karate guy 816
    TKD guy 917
    Boxing guy 993

Of course they didn't take body weight into account when making the "comparisons", so much for science.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

All I'm saying is a one inch punch can be performed by someone with correct body mechanics with no knowledge of qi.

I don't think Bruce Lee was into qi and he had a great one inch punch.

that fight science show reminds me of when you overhear a conversation between two people debating about something they don't understand fully.

Just watched an episode of Myth Busters, they were testing the myth from Kill Bill about punching your way out of a coffin...they put MMA fighter John Fitch on his back and measured his 3" punching power rated at 1400 lbs of force. Very impressive.

I love Mythbusters!

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    772 pounds of force to the face.

2 inches of deflection to the chest.

One inch punch (that was at least 3 inches) was put in car accident terms In laymen’s terms it was greater than a 30 mile per hour crash which is what they say about everybody and everything.

From fight science

Kung fu guy 612
    Karate guy 816
    TKD guy 917
    Boxing guy 993

Of course they didn't take body weight into account when making the "comparisons", so much for science.
    I remember that crap. The boxing guy was a huge gorilla and the kung fu guy was a 10 year old girl. Gee, I wonder who is going to hit harder?
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 08-17-2010 at 03:34 AM.

I posted 'in America', Shaolin

Click that link, Shaolin, and you can take up this discussion there.

As for our other OT tangents, Fight Science is discussed here and Mythbusters is discussed here (among other places..)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Some no touch KO guy is gonna be on next week's episode of Stan Lee's Superhumans

From wikipedia, the 9/30 episode:

Daniel meets martial artist Tom Cameron of Chicago, Illinois, the "Human Stun Gun" who focuses the power of "Chi" to deliver knockdown blows to opponents without touching them; Salim Haini of Marrakech, Morocco, whose incredible gastronomical fortitude has earned him the title of the "Man Who Eats Anything"; Ron White of Austin, Texas whose super mental focus allows him to memorize and recall complex information quickly, even while distracted; and Greg Poe, a test pilot from Florida who claims he can withstand incredible G-forces.