Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stan Lee's Super Humans

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    From wikipedia, the 9/30 episode:
    thats insane man!!!!!!!! check out this coincidence...

in another thread a few minutes ago a guy posted a van damme link... in the youtube page where the other related videos are down the side i clicked on a link that was the steve harvey show and it was this guy, the human stun gun... totally random, i didnt know who he was or even why i clicked... so i posted that link, like 5 minutes ago in this thread here:
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...t=58404&page=6

then i click back into the kung fu forum and this post was there and its this same guy... weird... this seems to happen to me alot lately... maybe i just notice it more, i dunno... its a trip either way...

anyways,
    heres the link to the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vBd8Z47ZE

I can assure you he will only do this on his own students, power of suggestion is a very powerful thing........
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I was really impressed by the Indian Monkey Man (the one who climbs all over the place, including a sheer rock cliff, using mainly his finger strength and agility). That guy was incredible, and he has a helluva fu jow (tiger claw).

Why use a 1 inch punch when you can use a 0 inch punch?...

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    Why use a 1 inch punch when you can use a 0 inch punch?...
    Isn't that called a muff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I was really impressed by the Indian Monkey Man (the one who climbs all over the place, including a sheer rock cliff, using mainly his finger strength and agility). That guy was incredible, and he has a helluva fu jow (tiger claw).
    Agreed. Insane strength and body control on that guy.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Human stun gun debunked

Just watched that superhuman show on history channel and they did and episode on Tom w whatz his nutz guy from Chicago, and he tried the touchless KO on the host and it didnt work!

they did say that his student had a drop in blood pressure, but thats about it.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 09-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

because his students are WEAK.

THEY WILL DIE TO THE STRONG.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Just watched that superhuman show on history channel and they did and episode on Tom w whatz his nutz guy from Chicago, and he tried the touchless KO on the host and it didnt work!

they did say that his student had a drop in blood pressure, but thats about it.
    Yeah, I just watched it now. Here's what happened.

He knocked out some students without touching them.

He wasn't able to knock out the host.

They brought in some paranormal investigators who measured his "energy" or whatever and they got a reading, but then when he left the room they were still getting a reading.

Then they brought in some paramedics and hooked a student up to some meters and had him do a no touch knock out and they noticed a blood pressure drop, which lead them to the conclusion of "it's not hypnosis". That was it.

And then Stan Lee was like "the power of suggestion can be a super power of its own" or something like that.

Basically it was a bunch of BS that didn't work. I'm glad they didn't try to make it into something it wasn't. What good is no-touch knock out power if it only works on your own students?

Kinda like that Japanese kiai master who could control people from several feet away...until he fought in a real fight where nothing worked at all?

It has like 5 million views on youtube. I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Basically it was a bunch of BS that didn't work. I'm glad they didn't try to make it into something it wasn't. What good is no-touch knock out power if it only works on your own students?
    The road to world domination is easy. Offer your lessons for free, make everyone your students, then you will reign supreme!

Muwahahahaha!!!

Shaolin Monk Hu Qiong on season 2 episode 1 of Stan Lee's Superhumans

Shaolin Monk Hu Qiong was on season 2, episode 1 this week doing some qigong stuff. They brought a biomechanical engineer to observe.

Monk claims to use qi to protect himself from damage.

First demo:
    Qiong "prepares his body by harnessing his qi" and then hits himself in the head a bunch of times with a piece of metal and bends it, then flips it over and hits the other side and bends it back.

Engineer says "impressive, but physics explains how this is happening. there's nothing here that pushes the limits of human tolerance."

Second demo:
    Qiong lays on 3 vertical spears while a 100 pound granite block is placed on his back and is broken with a sledgehammer. He does qi warm-up exercises first.

Engineer says it was impressive, but he's not "unbreakable", which the monk claimed to be.

Third demo:
    Qiong presses a running drill into his stomach, throat, and temple. He has scars on his body, probably from previous demonstrations.

Engineer says he doesn't know why it's not going thru. They used force plates or something to see if he's actually pressing or just holding it there. They said he's pressing with up to 200lbs of force. It bled a little but the monk was fine.

I'm sure there's a trick to it, but I figured I'd mention it here in case anyone wanted to look it up.
    Last edited by IronFist; 11-02-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Here's an article and pic of him using a drill on his own head:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1173084.ece

Hu Qiong

Hu was brought up on our Shaolin bodyguards thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

There was a Combat Ki guy on Stan Lee's Superhumans tonight

Mods: I know this thread will get moved to "other media" or whatever but can we leave it on the main forum for a few days so people see it?

A guy named Kirby Roy who is a Combat Ki guy and student of Rod Sacharnoski (who was also on the episode) took strikes from two karate experts and a boxer. He took a groin shot and knife edge to the throat from the karate guys, and a liver shot from the boxer. Dude didn't even care, he smiled and shook their hands afterwards.

Anyone see it?