Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iron head?

iron head?

does anyone know where to purchase those iron metal bars that those shaolin monk use to break over the head for performances?
    can you find them in hardware store?
    what do i exactlly ask for or how do i find them?
    anyone knows?

Real Iron head would not care what type of metal you use. You should be able to brak I-beams over your dome.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

i have only ever seen them in dengfeng.

that is, ones precisely for that purpose.

in the states you may have to go to a shop and request them to make it. they may be interested in the project if you explain it to them.

the bars are made of pig iron, with all the impurities, making it more brittle. you'll have to test them. heat the metal to different temperatures and then quench them at different times- faster or slower, from red hot, white hot, etc. until you find the right combination to where it is able to break, but not too easy for any knucklehead to slap it over their knee.

have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    i have only ever seen them in dengfeng.

that is, ones precisely for that purpose.

in the states you may have to go to a shop and request them to make it. they may be interested in the project if you explain it to them.

the bars are made of pig iron, with all the impurities, making it more brittle. you'll have to test them. heat the metal to different temperatures and then quench them at different times- faster or slower, from red hot, white hot, etc. until you find the right combination to where it is able to break, but not too easy for any knucklehead to slap it over their knee.

have fun.

Thanks... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsI-DKfB7k
    but according to that video..thsoe bars can be puirchased at any hardware store..so i was kind of wondering....i tried before to go look...but i had no idea where to start...HOME DEPOT is huge...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    Real Iron head would not care what type of metal you use. You should be able to brak I-beams over your dome.
    Thanks for the input..but no where in my post did i state anything about me having REAL iron head

Hey PK,

The monks have them. Last year we picked some up from the monks in Tn. Everyone got some and I don't think that they have all broken them by now.

they are made from slag, not even "pig iron".

it's a super brittle dross left over from making steel.

looks like it's sturdy, but it is as brittle as crackers.

maybe a little more, but not much.

all those things are tricks and parlour games.

there are ways to increase bone density and tissue thickness, but these displays are for the most part pure nonsense.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm not sure I get that video.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I've got a few of them. They're not supposed to be pig iron or slag as two posters said.

They're the type of metal similar to what is used to make files. It's very stiff, case hardened lo-carbon steel. Make no mistake that if your timing is off you will hurt yourself and it will leave some gnarly marks.

I'm sure around shaolin village the metal qualities vary from slag to pig iron to case hardened steel but the same can be said for any chinese product. Just make sure whatever kind you get, you inspect it for burrs and sharp edges.

ok my topic post here is not to discuss that it isnt soppose to be pig iron or brittle or wutever or hard the metal should be and etc
    i know what it is...i seen it before...i touched it before...i seen them break before

i just need to know WHERE to get it from...if its available in the states
    i want the exact same kind the "monks" uses for performances!

i am not saying they dont have iron head and they use ez to break metal for performances only..i am not saying they suck..i am not saying they do have iron head either...i am not saying it is a trick or it isnt....i know the truth anyways.

all im simply asking for is...where can i get those metal bars at?

sha0lin1....i know the monks have them....thats pretty obvious...but i dont think they will give me one.....espcially when i dont even train with them anymore......

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ View Post
    ok my topic post here is not to discuss that it isnt soppose to be pig iron or brittle or wutever or hard the metal should be and etc
    i know what it is...i seen it before...i touched it before...i seen them break before

i am not saying they dont have iron head and they use ez to break metal for performances only..i am not saying they suck..i am not saying they do have iron head either...i am not saying it is a trick or it isnt....i know the truth anyways.

sha0lin1....i know the monks have them....thats pretty obvious...but i dont think they will give me one.....espcially when i dont even train with them anymore......
    How can someone tell you where to get something, when no one can agree what it is?!?!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    How can someone tell you where to get something, when no one can agree what it is?!?!
    I stated already, i want the kind the monk uses for performances...which is the pig iron one or slag.

The other people are stating its SOPPOSE to be something else which is A LOT HARDER. but for which i do not care either.

Reading must be hard for some people on the forum.....pay attention to details...just like when you practice kung fu..its the small details that matters...=)

try a magic shop or a gag store, maybe they have it.
    if you get anything out of a hardware store, prepare to be hurt badly. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I stated already, i want the kind the monk uses for performances...which is the pig iron one or slag.

The other people are stating its SOPPOSE to be something else which is A LOT HARDER. but for which i do not care either.

Reading must be hard for some people on the forum.....pay attention to details...just like when you practice kung fu..its the small details that matters...=)
    So you are looking to do "tricks" without actually having done any training. Forum members might not be able to read, but you are what give Kung-Fu a bad name....
    ------
    Jason