I was going to put this in the Shanghai 2010 World Expo & Shaolin Haibao thread, but I changed my mind in hopes that somebody will read it and give a review. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Shanghai Book Fair showcases Expo, e-publishing and authors galore
* Source: Global Times
* [22:36 August 08 2010]
By Yang Zhenqi in Shanghai

The much-anticipated 2010 Shanghai Book Fair, set to open Wednesday at Shanghai Exhibition Center, will highlight 2010 World Expo in Shanghai with an array of Expo-related books and events, under the banner "I Love Reading, I Love Life - Go With the World Expo."

The annual fair will boast more than 470 publishers and introduce 150,000 books, among which are a considerable number of foreign-language publications, according to Shanghai Press and Publication Bureau.

The event includes 420 cultural events, lectures, seminars, signings and book sales.

Wu Jinglian, a well-known Chinese economist, is scheduled to deliver a speech at the opening ceremony of the fair, followed by Israeli architect Haim Dotan, who designed the "seashell" Israel Pavilion at Expo. Dotan will also launch his new book about architecture.

Wu Zhiqiang, the general planner of 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, will also talk about Expo and present his new book on the subject.

Aside from the fair's Expo special features, staple offerings include a slew of popular writers such as Mo Yan, Wang Anyi, Chen Danyan, An Yiru, Bei La and Guo Jingming, among others.

One new face in the mix is Shi Yongxin, principal abbot of Shaolin Temple. Shi is scheduled to promote his latest book Shaolin Zai Wo Xin Zhong (Shaolin Temple in My Heart) and do a book signing. In his new work, Shi analyzes life at the Shaolin Temple and Buddhism in China, as well as his attempt to spread Shaolin culture around the world.

Chinese novelist Liuliu will launch her new work Xin Shu (Designs) at the book fair. Her new work explores the contentious issue of doctor-patient relationships in her signature poignant and humorous style.

Digital publishing will also feature highly at the fair that will run until August 17, with several exhibitors bringing the latest developments in e-books and e-readers for all to enjoy.

Xing Daiqi contributed to the story