Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Bottom?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Thursday through Saturday include part of a Hsing-Yi form or practice. We met once in Washington DC and you were matching first in the ring then we ended-up covering part of upstairs. You let me try a technique of seven strikes. I thought your stamina was great--you didn't seem to tire while I felt the wear. We kept going except for time but you were strong and fit. It showed me what I couldn't know on my own of how durable someone might be.

I think something meditative but functional would round what you are going through right now.

You're getting a Master's degree. You've a son. Home cooking that happens on the weekend that can be doled out throughout the week, also pre portioned meats for small nightly cook sessions--pork chops and fish ar quick cooks. Two bites of a few things at night and warm/hot water five minutes after the last bite of the night (the whole have to go to t he bathroom thing to help you wake. The light eating to nourish you with out having it sit long in your stomach/intestines. I am liking massage of the gut-abdomin-stomach-ribs. My Squirrel comprehend is that the muscles after a minute or so of vigorous light touch brushing/rubbing does what I'll call activates the muscles and stuff to gently work while you sleep doing fitness stuff I might think.

Squirrel think-rub the xiphoid process near the throat half, to increase the metabolism for higher functioning digestion...my Think. It'll be fine.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-14-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: type-oes out
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you are going to do full body training sessions start with the legs first, then do the upper body stuff, dont work the legs with the back tired, even light this will really be a bad idea
    Yeah I normally follow this, my legs were still sore that day, originally I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to do legs, so I just threw in some kbells at the end.
    Doing deads and squats together on the first day was a mistake imho.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    Thursday through Saturday include part of a Hsing-Yi form or practice. We met once in Washington DC and you were matching first in the ring then we ended-up covering part of upstairs. You let me try a technique of seven strikes. I thought your stamina was great--you didn't seem to tire while I felt the wear. We kept going except for time but you were strong and fit. It showed me what I couldn't know on my own of how durable someone might be.
    Thanks man, I'm flattered.

I think something meditative but functional would round what you are going through right now.
    This has crossed my mind as well.
    I still haven't been able to kick the tobacco habit completely.
    Not a daily smoker, more like one or two days a week, but it's terrible for me.
    I've been wanting to do something meditative, out doors to help fix my breathing; especially with all this stress.

Home cooking that happens on the weekend that can be doled out throughout the week, also pre portioned meats for small nightly cook sessions--pork chops and fish are quick cooks. Two bites of a few things at night and warm/hot water five minutes after the last bite of the night (the whole have to go to t he bathroom thing to help you wake. The light eating to nourish you with out having it sit long in your stomach/intestines.
    I think I get you here.
    My wife cooks small, healthy portions for me from some healthy cookbooks when she cooks. I know I could sacrifice a little more sleep in the mornings to get up earlier and prepare something to eat, but it's hard - I'm not a great cook.
    What I've found is that I can do dishes & other chores for my wife when I am home so that she has more time to cook, so far this has worked out well.
    I try not to eat much in the evenings before bed; this usually only happens when i'm already doing something bad like drinking.

Squirrel think-rub the xiphoid process near the throat half, to increase the metabolism for higher functioning digestion...my Think. It'll be fine.
    Massage to aide digestion, that's something to think about....
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Sunday, August 15
    Was sore & achy at the end of last week.
    Wrote a paper on thursday, took a final on friday, went to our friend's kid's birthday on saturday.
    Stayed out of the gym those days.
    Gave me a nice opportunity to heal up and feel fresh again.
    Went to bed around 10~10:30 last night (super early for me).
    This morning I woke up at 7.
    Got to the gym around 9:30am.

did a hybrid workout:

arctrainer warm up - 50% resistance, 5 incline, 20 min
    dynamic flexibility - standing & lying for about 10 total exercises of 10(s or reps)

lunges - olympic bar, alternating, 4 sets, 10 reps each leg
    overhead press - olympic bar, 4 sets, 10 reps
    wide grip pull up - 14plate (78lb) assist, 4 sets, 10 reps - seemed to go quick, had this weird feeling it might've only been 3 sets, but i could've sworn i counted 4

jump rope - 3 rounds, 3 min, rests = 10 x (pushups, crunches, bicycles, leg lifts)
    bag work - 3 rounds, 3 min, last 30s of last round was skip knees

gonna see how sore i am after today.
    if it's not bad & I don't feel run down, I'll do MA on mon and weights again on tues, with wed off. Don't really want to go 3 days straight, but I have some sins to repent for after this weekend.

My priority i guess is weight loss and general fitness.
    Not looking for any serious strength gains.
    At the moment, as I said, trying to reestablish a good workout habit; from there I really need to clean up my diet again. My diet's not as bad as it once was and I'm not sure I want to go back to pure weight watchers strictness, but I can do a lot better than I've been doing.

As far as the tobacco stuff I was talking about, I have a ton of great reasons to quit (like my kid). I have a dental appointment in september with my dad, so that's some motivation to set a short term quitting goal.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 08-15-2010 at 11:36 AM.

was at a conference in town all last week
    didn't get home some nights until midnight.
    gym just wasn't happening.
    it's crunch time for my next cert (aug 28th)
    start bootcamp on monday
    may have to put the gym on hold for a bit
    altogether this cert's cost me over $2000 out of my pocket thus far
    so failure is not an option