Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yuen Kay San Sil Lim Tau

Yoshiyahu,

If I am your defend lawyer, I would say you cant win the case on this WCK stuffs. It is really sad that sometimes things we did for long time turn out not what is it. We need to accept that and move forward, getting stuck or resistance the reality is both very painful and damaging.

As Robert said above, lots of work needs to be done.

That is a reality. let go the past and start a new chapter with learning from a different legitimate sifu and dont fight it because fighting the reality is just wasting of energy and put one into depression.

WCK is about liberation or flow; and WCK is about not get stuck and trying to brute force things according to one's like or dislike.

It is always better to learn the reality early and the future is always an open door. So walk out.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-17-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    Obviously you are defensive due to your own attachments. This is understandable considering the amount of time you put into this system. But by your own admission... It was not functionable. This is one of the reasons why.

A boxer must always keep his hands up. Wu Sau as part of Two line Jong Sau is not so different.

You can justify techniques all you want as being true to a form etc... But that's BS. Techniques should serve and moreover PROVE the concept from which they were conceived. A low protecting hand does not protect anything and is garbage IMO.
    the wu sau sequence in SLT that Sum Dek performs is not meant to simulate a real fight. the purpose of that whole sequence is isometric training so that you can learn to keep your elbow in hte center of your body

thats why it is done so slow. do you notice it takes up 80% of the time he performs SLT?
    Last edited by Pacman; 08-18-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Isometric tension is the way we do kung lik as well in Samuel Kwok Ip Man Wing Chun.

And lots of it.

Good stuff.

From what I see here, Master Kwok has done alot of it, as well in bagua and chen taiji

http://usefulnessisinemptiness.blogs...-kwok-wan.html
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Niehoff doesn't even know McField

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    No.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to train with McField? Or with any of its spawn?

BTW, do you guys also include Choi Lee Fut into your "training" like McF? I recall how he did that after he got kicked in the head at the karate tourney (when trying to move in with triangle steps and his hands low). It was after that he began saying that WCK was "lacking" in long range techniques, and so "added" CLF (which he didn't learn from a competent instructor either). Or, did you guys stay pure to the Eddie Ma stuff?
    Thank you for your honest opinion and sharing with my the answers to questions...as for choy li fut. My sifu never shared any choy li fut with me...he did show me a form from the tiger and crane.

AS I have been told that the Wing Chun Fut which is now taught came later. At first it was purely wing chun and those who wanted to learn Choy Li Fut did so at a separate class. But it could be his interest in Choy Li Fut was because in hong kong it is said the Choy Li Fut guys beat up on the WC guys...Me particularly i dont care for choy li fut..but i may change that opinion later who knows!
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 08-19-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Clarence, I KNOW McField. I know all about his spousal abuse, about the crack, the DEA, him getting run out of St. Louis, etc. I know about him sharing the pipe with some of his students. I know he has absolutely no WCK skill, and never learned YKS WCK.

So tell me, why would anyone want to train with such a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Clarence, I KNOW McField. I know all about his spousal abuse, about the crack, the DEA, him getting run out of St. Louis, etc. I know about him sharing the pipe with some of his students. I know he has absolutely no WCK skill, and never learned YKS WCK.

So tell me, why would anyone want to train with such a guy?

Now Niehoff have we met before? How do you know the name clarence? do i know your personally or something because i always go by hebrew name.

I never posted clarence on here anywhere...but u use it frequently as if we ran into each other before? Do you know me from somewhere?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"