Thread: Qigong Resources

Qigong Resources

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to find out the best web based (sites etc) resources for Qigong that you may use for information when you may require it.

I know one with a great forum

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Why? Did you need help with something Blacktiger?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Well Gene of course - that goes without saying

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    Why? Did you need help with something Blacktiger?
    No - it was just a general question - just to see where people go if they need some info on this topic etc.

I was just interested to see what people may use from time to time -apart from this great forum of course...and if there was anything out there I had not come across. Im always on the lookout for anything new.

No. My only resource is my teacher. I used books and forums and websites before I came to him, but that only further confused my progress. YMAA books were good on details, and to help after you already knew, but not to learn from. So I wouldnt suggest looking for websites... But thats up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    No. My only resource is my teacher. I used books and forums and websites before I came to him, but that only further confused my progress. YMAA books were good on details, and to help after you already knew, but not to learn from. So I wouldnt suggest looking for websites... But thats up to you.
    Yes that goes without saying - this was just from the perspective of what is available online.
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 08-17-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Sorry then if I misunderstood the purpose. When I was first learning I would visit the www.ymaa.com forum a lot. sometimes they would clear up my confusion... sometimes they would make me further confused. I practice a little Kun Lun so I hit up thier site. thats about it online. I read The books Root of Chinese Qigong; Qigong, the Secret of Youth; Qigong Meditation, Embryonic Breathing from Yang Jwing Ming, I read Health Sex and Longevity and Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine by Daniel Reed, and a Qigong book by William Cohen. Now the only recourse I use is the charts of the meridians in Root of Chinese Qigong...

some various versions of my teacher's website; as a Daoist, he can b sumwhat chaotic, so there is overlap between them to varying degrees and things are not "organized", but there are interesting nuggets buried throughout

http://www.qigongtherapy.com/
    http://www.dantao.com/
    http://users.erols.com/dantao/
    http://1breath.org/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    some various versions of my teacher's website; as a Daoist, he can b sumwhat chaotic.....
    We free-spirited Taoists prefer to think of it as free-form, or free-from-form!

What appears as chaotic to some is spontaneous organization to others!

Of course it appears to the "form-bound" that nothing ever gets done that way, but to the "free-from-form" person everything is already as it should be and therefore is complete from the beginning!