Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Hi guys, I am in need of some assistance.

1) Can anyone suggest breathing techniques/visualization stuff to refine my chi (i.e. make it less impure)?

2) Can anyone suggest how to amplify the presence of metal in the atmosphere using my chi? (I have some physical problems that others have suggested is due to a lack of the metal element in the atmosphere, I don't want to get too deep into this lol)
    Walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelgod View Post

1) Can anyone suggest breathing techniques/visualization stuff to refine my chi (i.e. make it less impure)?

2) Can anyone suggest how to amplify the presence of metal in the atmosphere using my chi? (I have some physical problems that others have suggested is due to a lack of the metal element in the atmosphere, I don't want to get too deep into this lol)
    Go to a proper medical doctor first!

#2 falls into the chronic illness, dr's said they got nothin, its not an immediate injury lol dont worry if I had a broken arm or something I'd go to the doctor
    Walk on.

Ah, it is good to know that you have seen a medical doctor.

There are numerous books on the subject of Qi Gong that might help. Just look on Amazon. Otherwise it might be more productive to post where you are living and others may be able to give you the name of some qualified instructors in your area.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Think of where your chi is supposed to be (about an inch below the navel, if you had a flat tummy and about two inches in or around there you might should look it up from a propper authority.

In My Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel, I made-up, That place of chi store is thought of as a pearl (you pick the size-ish. There are no lungs as we know them to be so merely breathe-in the breath goes down the front like water falling off of a cliff and is focusedby the breasts as a guide. it centers on the solar plexus and falls passed the pearl.

As the breat passes the pearl the chi from the air is added to the pearl thus your cultivation-refining--let the passing breath wash away/ carry off inpurities of your chi. and the misty pool below the cultivating pearl harmless ly leaves as mist breathed out freeing you of as much toxic build-up.

Bathe the pearl in your breathing. The pearl is chi. It does not increase in size but constantly gets added to like the layering of a fine sword your chi refines.

Some such perhaps one might say.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Your chi begins just below the naval. The naval turns downward and eventually becomes the root of your *****. That's right, you are a dik. Your body then grows around that. It is where your center of universe is located. Everything flows outward from there.
    Breathing is done properly be using the lower abdomen. You have a diaphram between the heart and lungs and the lower abdomen, and when you extend the abdomen it works to form a slight vaccum in the lower abdomen, which pulls down on the diaphram, which in turns pulls air into the lungs. You do not expand the chest to pull in air, but you breath with the abdomen instead. You can learn to expell your breath in short small bursts and focus your chi from the core to any individual limb or hand you choose, at any time you choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Breathing is done properly be using the lower abdomen. You have a diaphram between the heart and lungs and the lower abdomen, and when you extend the abdomen it works to form a slight vaccum in the lower abdomen, which pulls down on the diaphram, which in turns pulls air into the lungs. You do not expand the chest to pull in air, but you breath with the abdomen instead.
    that is so completely wrong, in so many ways, I almost can't even begin to tell you how much;

start with the fact that nothing "pulls down" on the diaphragm - it's a muscle, it contracts in two phases: centrally, and as such it descends, as a result of the contraction; the anterior abdominal wall expands because the diaphragm presses the abdominal viscera down and forward - and if you strongly contract your abdominals, it will counter this (ever heard of "reverse breathing", Mr. Qi?); the chest DOES expand to pull in air, because when the thoracic cavity expands, due to the secondary activity of the peripheral diaphragmatic fibers, (which can now contract because the central tendon is stabilized on top of the abdominal visceral mass), it create a negative pressure in the lungs when it does so; and if you do reverse breathing, you actually increase thoracic expansion, because the central tendon stabilizes sooner and more firmly, allowing a stronger and greater excursion of the peripheral fibers;

you know absolutely nothing about respiratory biomechanics / neuromuscular physiology, and I would suggest you at least go read a book on the topic before acting like an authority about something that you have no clue at all about in the slightest;

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that is so completely wrong, in so many ways, I almost can't even begin to tell you how much;

start with the fact that nothing "pulls down" on the diaphragm - it's a muscle, it contracts in two phases: centrally, and as such it descends, as a result of the contraction; the anterior abdominal wall expands because the diaphragm presses the abdominal viscera down and forward - and if you strongly contract your abdominals, it will counter this (ever heard of "reverse breathing", Mr. Qi?); the chest DOES expand to pull in air, because when the thoracic cavity expands, due to the secondary activity of the peripheral diaphragmatic fibers, (which can now contract because the central tendon is stabilized on top of the abdominal visceral mass), it create a negative pressure in the lungs when it does so; and if you do reverse breathing, you actually increase thoracic expansion, because the central tendon stabilizes sooner and more firmly, allowing a stronger and greater excursion of the peripheral fibers;

you know absolutely nothing about respiratory biomechanics / neuromuscular physiology, and I would suggest you at least go read a book on the topic before acting like an authority about something that you have no clue at all about in the slightest;
    Actually, I do. But I am not playing like a doctor, and was actually trying to explain it so he would understand. And the diaphram is not a muscle. It is a sinewy tissue. I know this because I have had multiple injuries to mine and multiple surgeries to correct it. All this was perfectly explained to me at the time, or actually several times.
    If you wrapped your belly tightly so that it could not extend, you would have to expand your chest in order to pull air into the lungs. If you were left tied up to do that over time you would exhaust and sufficate to death. We breath with the abdomen. Go ahead and try it. You can not take in breath without expanding the chest or extending the belly. Go ahead and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Actually, I do. But I am not playing like a doctor, and was actually trying to explain it so he would understand. And the diaphram is not a muscle. It is a sinewy tissue. I know this because I have had multiple injuries to mine and multiple surgeries to correct it. All this was perfectly explained to me at the time, or actually several times.
    If you wrapped your belly tightly so that it could not extend, you would have to expand your chest in order to pull air into the lungs. If you were left tied up to do that over time you would exhaust and sufficate to death. We breath with the abdomen. Go ahead and try it. You can not take in breath without expanding the chest or extending the belly. Go ahead and give it a try.
    you still have no idea what you are talking about; but the above line I highlighted gave a bunch of my physical therapist colleagues and myself a good hearty belly laugh (using our sinewy-non-musclar-tissues to do so);

usually your trolling is fun to read; in this case it's just silly
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 06-02-2010 at 03:33 AM.

Some questions:
    a. Why is your chi impure?
    b. What makes it so?
    c. What do you mean by "amplifying iron in the atmosphere"? You can easiy do that by ingesting 1 prune every 2 days or so!
    d. What physical problems do you have?

Clarification is needed for simplification and not being too lofty.

Are you sure that you're not confusing Iron with Ions?

If your talking about the metal element or -sounds like a deficiency in that merdian grouping which is Lung and Large Intestine, you might be getting mixed up with some of the jargon used..

Just start by talking some Qigong classes and going from there - forget the amplify business - you need to learn to walk before running...

or...

Go for a brisk walk every day.

Try to do this for no less than 30 minutes each day.

Be conscious of your posture and remain upright while walking, while seated.

Exercise in other ways as well, try something more regimented and more demanding a couple of times a week.

watch to make sure you don't have too many detrimental things in your diet and enough of the good stuff.

stay away from "white" powder goods: IE: White flour, White sugar, white bread, processed cereal et al.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Good Qi (which is really a metaphor for the normal functions of your body) comes from proper diet, good exercise, proper rest, less emotions, cutting down on stress, genetic factors, reducing toxins, pollutants, EMF's from our inner and outer environment.

Examine your lifestyle and eliminate the crap from it. Find a good Chinese Medicine practitioner that will advise you properly.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Good Qi (which is really a metaphor for the normal functions of your body)
    THANK YOU!!! FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE SAYS WHAT I HAVE BEEN STATING ON KFMF FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!
    I think I can die now...