Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Manup Standup fights

A low-res photo of someone from 8yrs ago is hardly something you can pass judgement on. I think that some people are confusing the flaring of a jacket with an obese body shape.

I think if Terence applies the same energy to his MA as he has to his professional career and chess playing (2nd ranked in St. Louis (I Google-stalked him!)) then I think the results should be pretty obvious. This is not a guy who is satisfied with mediocrity, either in himself or others.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    A low-res photo of someone from 8yrs ago is hardly something you can pass judgement on. I think that some people are confusing the flaring of a jacket with an obese body shape.

I think if Terence applies the same energy to his MA as he has to his professional career and chess playing (2nd ranked in St. Louis (I Google-stalked him!)) then I think the results should be pretty obvious. This is not a guy who is satisfied with mediocrity, either in himself or others.
    He has turned down every offer to come and share his knowledge with others in person. If he considered accepting he would try to put an mma pro between him and his detractors.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 09-03-2010 at 08:56 AM.

A few things to consider:

(1) Terence, being a lawyer, enjoys debate. That's one of the reasons why he's here and why he goes into EVERY thread and argues points.

(2) If you don't like him being here and nitpicking at your responses, just ignore him. People that like to debate and hear themselves talk only continue to be a nuisance when they're getting fed the responses they anticipated.

(3) "Proof". Most of what Terence says can easily be validated in terms of fighting in general. There are things however even seasoned fighters will have varying viewpoints on, but the universal truths are always there.

(4) "Immaturity". For those looking for validation, it doesn't really matter if he can prove it physically if it's already known to be true. He's an older guy, a professional in his field, and still continues to train as best he can.

Guys...he's a lawyer...did you expect anything less behavior-wise?
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 09-03-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Is it time for the lawyer jokes yet?

Is it time for the lawyer jokes yet?
    Q:What's the difference between a lawyer and a carp?
    A:One's a scum sucking, bottom dredging parasite and the other one's a fish.

Q:Why does New York have all the lawyers and New Jersey Have all the toxic waste dumps?
    A: New Jersey had first choice

Q: What is the difference between a doctor and a lawyer?
    A: A doctor rides in the ambulance. A lawyer rides outside, chasing it.

Q: Do you why lawyers are buried at a depth of at least 20 feet??
    A: Because deep down lawyers aren't all THAT bad.

Q: How many lawyers does it take to grease a combine?
    A: Just one, if you run him through r-e-a-l s-l-o-o-o-w

During the Gulf War, Saddam had a plan to beat us. He was going to kidnap all the lawyers in America and release 100 a day until we surrendered.

A lawyer died and was standing in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter said, "you can't come in here... you have to go to the other place". But the lawyer was really good and pleaded his case to the point where St. Peter said, "OK... here's what I'll do. You will spend the same amount of time in hell as you did on earth, and then you can spend the rest of eternity up here." The lawyer figured this wasn't too bad of a deal, so he said "OK". St. Peter said, "Great... I'll see you in 350 years.". The lawyer said, "But, how is that possible... I'm only 65 years old!". St Peter said, "We go by billing hours".

The trouble with lawyer jokes is lawyers don't think they're funny, and nobody else thinks they're jokes.

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    how come you dont youtube a sparring session of you and your group? i understand if you dont want strangers joining your group, but posting a vid is no harm right?
    No harm if it doesn't impair his position......

And that is exactly why he will not post it.............................

Because having seen his own mediocrity displayed it would necessitate an automatic auto-destruct response in order to eliminate said mediocrity.. (Nomad syndrome lol)
    Last edited by YungChun; 09-05-2010 at 03:23 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu