Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by the Chief Instructor of AYZYIM

More words count less

grncastle,

Sir, I have no comment either way on the video, but if what thier saying is bothering you so much, just let it go and stop posting, or post something that will prove what your doing... Even a steady wind cannot blow forever, best to just hold fast to the void... Or hold on to the fact your saying your right, and drag on the bashing further....

Very good tiaji1983. You understand

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    lol, that you think you caused me to "do your bidding"; let's see, I answered your post in the same manner that I typically answer most posts; yeh, boy, u really got me to do something that I had no control over
    I don't see how posting multiple times is a control issue?

Hell I quote and post like a fiend sometimes...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I just thought gloves would be good, and allowing the target to alter distance by small footwork. This would make refinements in the techniques themselves.

As for always tossing the guy backward, I suspect that's the point of the mattress. Didn't CMQ often use such a setup in pushhands? I believe I read that in an article of Robert W. Smith in JAMA. At some level, some of those throws wouldn't be done backwards, but if I'm gonna bag on this school for that, which they may be doing at one level in order to draw more contact out, they'd be about one millionth in line after the plethora of schools where contact is less likely than an awkward teen touching booby.

Karate guys do call some things sparring that we wouldn't call sparring.

TGY has said a great many things in the past to lead me to believe he has very good knowledge of internal kung fu.

If it has no specific moves, one cannot call it a specific style(re, Bawang's discussion).

If arguing three years ago changed nothing, is it insanity to expect a different result now?

Disparate points do not mean I'm SPJ. Unless I throw in ballad lyrics.

Form a gaggle to counter something one does not think is up to one's standards, and one almost always includes in the gaggle lower standards than the offending standard, creating a war of mediocrity lead by people who started out better than that. Just talking about netiquette.

Would like to see more videos in which the throws are executed with falls in different directions, where the striker is able to use more intent, which is why I suggested gloves, and where the striker and the defender are moving more, so that distance is trained. I would not judge another's technique as good or bad without being able to see that they have a feel for distance against blows that they need to be concerned with. This is not an attack on anyone, just trying to be helpful.

Arthur Conan Doyle fought what he didn't think was real. His famous detective made an impression, the rest didn't.

Harry Houdini was survived by a world full of psychics and a lot of magicians who studied his techniques.

Penn and Teller had a great stage show, it's why they are famous.

You are beautiful in every single way.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I...that...is...we...will...obey...our...Scottish. ..masters...and... overlords...

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    As for always tossing the guy backward, I suspect that's the point of the mattress. Didn't CMQ often use such a setup in pushhands? I believe I read that in an article of Robert W. Smith in JAMA.
    To address the use of the mattress at the school, the idea was derived from the Yang family training. Our instructor has a private video of Yang Shou-Zhong (楊守中) doing fajin training with his students when he taught Yang style Taijiquan in his house in Hong Kong. The movements shown in the video are at the same level of complexity as and similar to our Stage 2 training. As far as I know, Yang Shou-Zhong is the only son of Yang Cheng-Fu (楊澄甫) who he instructed directly (the other sons were too young then). We don't have the permission to post the video clip. Hopefully, one day the Yang family will post it so that the Taiji community has the chance to see some of the exercises in addition to forms and push-hands the inner-circle students went through.
    Last edited by swimgrad; 08-16-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Can someone please post the videos of tai gyakk? I would like to compare his fighting videos to the one in this thread. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    Can someone please post the videos of tai gyakk? I would like to compare his fighting videos to the one in this thread. Thanks
    His videos are forms, at least one is a weapon as I recall. It is unnecessary to use them to compare, the video posted here is very, very poor example of any martial skill. This is CLEARLY obvious to anyone who is not a newbie or brainwashed!

My 14 year old strikes better than the student in that video and his strikes were better than his even when he was 8 years old. Also the student obviously jumps back a number of times.

The teacher could not do anything he has demonstrated against a knowledgeable opponent. Anything is easy against a compliant, naive and/or ignorant student!

Can someone please post the videos of tai gyakk?
    "tai gyakk"?!? that sounds like the noise an albatross would make trying to cough up a ball of string it swallowed by accident...

I would like to compare his fighting videos to the one in this thread. Thanks
    what is with this continued obsession of people seeing videos of me?

also, for the purposes of comparison, I wouldn't have to put up "fighting" videos, because the original video posted IS NOT FIGHTING!!! (yeesh)

really, all that I would just have to demo is tossing around compliant defenders; actually, I DO have one of that somewhere...let me go search...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 08-17-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    "tai gyakk"?!? that sounds like the noise an albatross would make trying to cough up a ball of string it swallowed by accident...
    I see you have been to the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    what is with this continued obsession of people seeing videos of me?

also, for the purposes of comparison, I wouldn't have to put up "fighting" videos, because the original video posted IS NOT FIGHTING!!! (yeesh)

really, all that I would just have to demo is tossing around compliant defenders; actually, I DO have one of that somewhere...let me go search...
    Maybe they want to see if you can fake internal power better than in the video here!

I'll tell you what....lets solicit these goofballs for a grant. Then you can fly out here to California, bring your family the weather is great, and we can make two "pretend" internal power videos. In one, I will be your dupe, and in the other you can be my dupe.

Then as you are leaving to return home I'll finally get my chance to blow your brains out from my albatross ball of string hide on the Pacific!

Good idea huh?

I believe he also played a pizza delivery guy in a series of videos. Those also included struggling and a mattress.

I believe he also played a pizza delivery guy in a series of videos. Those also included struggling and a mattress.
    Didn't he go by the name of Ron something in those videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Didn't he go by the name of Ron something in those videos?
    You're thinking of Sanjuro Ronin, little hairy fellow, right?

No, TGY went by the stage name of D1ck Sheer in a brief series during the early nineties titled "D1ck Sheer meets Penny Tranny."

I believe he even breaks out a single whip in one scene.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 08-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.

You're thinking of Sanjuro Ronin, little hairy fellow, right?

No, TGY went by the stage name of D1ck Sheer in a brief series during the early nineties titled "D1ck Sheer meets Penny Tranny."

I believe he even breaks out a single whip in one scene.
    Yeah he strikes a mean whip, I always wondered what a double single whip would look like, but I never had the courage to watch those limited release vids. I am much too well adjusted for that kind of kink! I understand though, he had to pay his way through P.T. school and I guess it paid better than stripping!