Thread: Lumps on legs?

Lumps on legs?

I do not have a primary atm.

About two weeks ago, I noticed this little filbert sized soft lump on my left shin. It freaked me out at first, but I had started to get used to it.

Lately, I have been doing tai ji/qigong for between 4 and 8 (12 and 24 hour shifts supervising practically independent people with intellectual disabilities) hours a day at work. Every couple of years I have these training binges. I am hoping that that is all that is up, but my tai chi lineage stance work is VERY high and narrow.

Anyway, tonight my legs and feet are visibly swollen and there are a bunch more soft lumps on my lower legs. Quite a few really.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Ease my conscience. I fear the oncologist...
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze

are you clashing shins a lot or kicking hard things or something?
    if those bumps are from impact, then you should massage them with the purpose of breaking them up.
    The old stories about glass bottles & rolling pins on the shins was actually to break up the bumps because they can harden and cause problems later.
    if you're getting the bumps just from stance work, you may want to go to the doctor.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    have your blood pressure checked as well. Swelling of the legs and ankles might be related.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    have your blood pressure checked as well. Swelling of the legs and ankles might be related.
    Thanks guys.

Shin splints and swollen tissue from the "trauma". I do not think that stancework is traumatic but wtvr. I guess there would be pain telling us to stop training, but because of deep breathing endocrine release covers it up.

It feels good, and obsessive stance training makes walking a breeze.

The swelling is gone now.

If it ever happens to any of you, take some ibuprofen and put your feet up for an hour before bed and it should go away.
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze