Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Bob Punching Dummies

He would also get extra points added to the hiring test if he was a she, or she-male. Only in America!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    He would also get extra points added to the hiring test if he was a she, or she-male. Only in America!
    A gay mixed race she-male can go far in America.
    And in Canada...and Britain.

Everywhere else...not such a good go of it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I heard my legless white friend couldn't get a job getting punched in the face because of Bob. And my friend is really more qualified to get punched in the face.
    are u suggesting that, because Bob is legless and armless he is less adept than ur friend at getting punched in the face?

what about if Bob was put into a large body of water? would he, well, bob? and if he would, would ur friend then claim that Bob could bob because he was Bob, as opposed to his not having arms and legs?

see, we are back to nameism again, aren't we - you, sir, are a rabid anti-Bobite!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    are u suggesting that, because Bob is legless and armless he is less adept than ur friend at getting punched in the face?

what about if Bob was put into a large body of water? would he, well, bob? and if he would, would ur friend then claim that Bob could bob because he was Bob, as opposed to his not having arms and legs?

see, we are back to nameism again, aren't we - you, sir, are a rabid anti-Bobite!
    You see, if bob was in the water, he would...well bob. Until KC's evil friend Duncan showed up that is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is that the Ross that posts here?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

ahhhh......its just a flesh wound...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Blog Entries
    Actually, in my opinion, that guy just has STUDIO understanding of the Sow Choy. There is way more to it and at the same time, he's throwing other systems theories into the mix.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    You see, if bob was in the water, he would...well bob. Until KC's evil friend Duncan showed up that is.
    Duncan isn't evil. He's just qualified for a good punch in the face, and bitter. Like many who are denied a reacharound by the unfair philanges of affirmative action!

that guy has NO understanding of how those techniques work,....

I invited him to the forum, to discuss the video.

Hi folks, I'm that guy from the video. First of all, that is not a BOB painted black. It's a hard plastic dummy, that used to be a Slam Man (you might remember them). Mine was from a garage sale, and it has no padding left. The padding was cheap and cracking, and over time it fell off until all that's left is this plastic shell. You'll notice the face doesn't really have any features. It has nothing to do with black people, and it would be even weirder painting it white or something. I explained this on one of my youtube videos, but I might want to tack that onto the descriptions of the other videos, where it's standing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by darkie1973 View Post
    that guy has NO understanding of how those techniques work,....
    Yes I do- they work like I said, and I've sparred with them against all sorts of people. However, I'll bet you learned a different way that was the "right" way, and I'd love to hear about it.

For real.
    Last edited by Paddleboard; 08-27-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    nah...its a bob painted black and has either one or two long t shirts you see young urban kids wearing.
    Those are actually a few regular sized t shirts. The thing itself is rough plastic so a few shirts pads it a little. The under layer is shirts from my old kung fu school, but I put one random one over the top since I no longer represent them.

It's a souvenir shirt from the Winchester Mystey House, I belive.

Just an FYI, when Spar-pro carried the different ethnic "bobs", the hispanic and black ones were always sold out.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Actually, in my opinion, that guy just has STUDIO understanding of the Sow Choy. There is way more to it and at the same time, he's throwing other systems theories into the mix.
    Well, I did learn it in a studio originally, and eventually I quit after nearly a decade of study because I felt that there were a lot of things lacking about that school. There may be a lot more to the strike, but as I learned it, I've only been able to make the extended fist strikes work by using them as single time counters. Is it traditional, ie does it come straight from the forms? No, and you don't have to call it choy li fut if you don't want to. Is it mixing other systems' theories? Yes. I believe in the Dog Brothers tag line "smuggling concepts across the borders of style". Speaking of which- these lines work in stickfighting. The PT takeoff is fundamental to the DBMA fighting method. The single time counter while moving offline is also big in the training/fighting methods of historical pugilism, being referenced in the works of Edwin Shaw, James Corbet, Doran and Donnely (and probably more). These were all men who made the same type of single time counters work against real, trained opponents in the ring (lots of them). How do you throw a wide punch without being countered by a more direct punch? The video was my answer- angling, footwork, single time counters, and using it as a followup to a jarring strike.

Looks like someone's dropping a bunch of thumbs down for my videos. Some comments or video replies would be a lot more constructive.