Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Islamic Cultural Center/Muslim Mosque near ground Zero

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    When they start allowing churchs and synagogues to be built in Tehran then and only then will a religious tolerance argument be valid.
    No churches in Tehran? You don't bother to fact check anything do you. Did jesus tell you there were no churches in Tehran?

You got to love the argument, “but mom, they do it too.”

WTF we shouldn’t be tolerant because they aren’t tolerant? I thought we were supposed to be better than them. Guess not.

Canada does not take in other nations refuse why should the US?
    "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

the southern border is porous and its not the best and brightest coming here illegally, its the trash. Canada has tough immigration laws AND they enforce them. A few years ago Canada had a massive flow from Taiwan and Hong Kong and the gov required them to have proof of no police record of any kind, a job waiting for them and proof of net worth before they would be considered for entry. Canada does not take in other nations refuse why should the US? Mexicos immigration laws are some of the strictest in the world, we should turn a blind eye to our own laws when every other country is forcefully enforcing theres? The US is not a dumping ground, we can niether support the numbers here nor should we be asked to.
    To reduce this to a racial issue is the last vestige of losing the argument.
    What planet do you live on?

Canada is the ONLY nation in the world still open for refugees and we are dealing with about 500 of them right now. We've had boats show up filled with migrants and refugees every summer now for years.

We process them, and more often than not let them stay.

you know why? Because in the end it's a net gain!

Sure, we pay up front to get hem housed, clothed, fed, give them medical attention and some pocket money.

But within a year or so in most cases they have a job and are contributing tax payers.

The Chinese migrants are STILL in the process of making their refugee claims. If they don't meet the criteria they will be deported yes.

I personally am all for letting folks into our country that are coming from countries that are war torn, brutally impoverished. I don't mind paying the 1.3 cents in taxes per head to help them out.

It costs more to keep them at illegal status and to pursue them and all that crap.

You will gain more by letting them in, employing them and having them pay taxes.

The real problem is not the migrants, it's the people who exploit them in my opinion, or press them down.

A human, in my opinion should have the inalienable right to walk anywhere on this planet. Criminals aside of course, but what do they represent population wise? almost nothing?

yeah, it's mostly about fear, intolerance and trying to feel superior when you aren't.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    No churches in Tehran? You don't bother to fact check anything do you. Did jesus tell you there were no churches in Tehran? "
    Yep, there are churches in Tehran, AND in other cities in Iran. There are christian (and other) populations that have been living on that land for centuries.

As far as Iran's politics are concerned then I would humbly suggest that most of the stuff people hear about in the media is misinformation and blatant lies, not unlike the ones that led to the firt two Gulf Wars. If you think that Iran' s President, Mahmood Ahmadinejad, is a mad man, then you have all fallen for the Western Intelligence agencies' propaganda.

I would suggest that those who want to see the Iranian President dead, or Iran bombed into oblivion, take the time and actually WATCH some of his speeches, and hear for yourselves what he is actually saying rather than be told by our corrupt politicians and their lapdog media, what to think, about the man and the country, that is Iran. After all it is the least one can do if he is condoning assassinations, mass murder.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    For years liberals have used the court system to attack religious prcatices, and now they suddenly are defending the rights of religious practicioners. They have sued to keep the 10 Commandments out of schools and out of courthouses. They have sent children home from public schools for wearing crosses, they sue to have nativity scenes removed from public places, etc.
    Actually doing those things is protecting religious practices. You many not realize this, but not everyone in this country is a Christian. Since the Government is forbidden from endorsing any religion (1st Amendment and all that) having Christian iconography in public institutions is a violation as it would confer/imply endorsement.

We have Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Wiccans, Sikhs, etc in this country. Their religious traditions need to be protected too. We even have atheists and agnostics. Their lack of religious traditions need to be protected as well. In the situations you mentioned above, they all needed to be protected from Christians.

You may not like it, but the Constitution is pretty explicit on that score, as the courts have repeatedly said.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

I find that the people who kick and scream and shout about the constitution are the ones who actually are wanting to in reality destroy it.

they use it when it suits them and then when confronted with the reality of it, well then it's just a piece of god&%$# paper at that point.

just an observation
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Actually it shows he picks and chooses. He took an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic, yet he refuses to halt illegal immigration. He actually sued a State for enforcing immigration law!
    That's not true. The judge issued an injunction barring Arizona from enforcing certain parts of the law while the constitutionality of the law is decided.
    Which is how it is supposed to work. The Executive Branch is tasked with enforcing the laws, and that includes the Constitution.

If a state law infringes on Federal powers or is unconstitutional, then it is the duty of the Department of Justice to challenge that law in court. Which is exactly what's happening. The system works. Yay!!! You should be happy.

He took an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic...
    Please show me where in that oath it says to "protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic?" As a matter of fact, I would like you to show me that language in the Constitution.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Which is how it is supposed to work. The Executive Branch is tasked with enforcing the laws, and that includes the Constitution.

If a state law infringes on Federal powers or is unconstitutional, then it is the duty of the Department of Justice to challenge that law in court. Which is exactly what's happening. The system works. Yay!!! You should be happy.
    How does Arizona's law conflict/infringe with Federal Law? Please explain.
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 08-17-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I find that the people who kick and scream and shout about the constitution are the ones who actually are wanting to in reality destroy it.

they use it when it suits them and then when confronted with the reality of it, well then it's just a piece of god&%$# paper at that point.

just an observation
    Then I must be an exception.

IMO, it's one of the greatest documents ever written by man. If we had just read it and ran our country the way it intended this country to be ran, this nation would be even greater than it is now. It repeatedly calls for limited government, and we have abandoned that principle. Now we are gonna have to pay the piper, and it's not gonna be cheap.

Then I must be an exception.

IMO, it's one of the greatest documents ever written by man. If we had just read it and ran our country the way it intended this country to be ran, this nation would be even greater than it is now. It repeatedly calls for limited government, and we have abandoned that principle. Now we are gonna have to pay the piper, and it's not gonna be cheap.
    Then why do you support disregarding the first amendment?

If you want to take a cue from our forefathers, especially regarding state or government intervention, then maybe you should abide by the following quote.

"Those who are willing to give a bit of liberty to gain a bit of security deserve neither and will lose both."
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

How does Arizona's law conflict/infringe with Federal Law? Please explain.
    Well...golly, that's for the courts to decide now isn't it? The courts have already ruled that immigration is the purview of the Federal Government. So...

Also, I'm waiting on the whole "protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic" language from the President's oath of office or the Constitution.

Also, there is already a mosque about 800 feet from where the center is proposed.

Worthy of consideration as well is all the ground zero sites that america has built near mosques in the last several years.

so, here's a neat link for all you haters: http://wonkette.com/417009/attention...r-the-wtc-site
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Also, there is already a mosque about 800 feet from where the center is proposed.

Worthy of consideration as well is all the ground zero sites that america has built near mosques in the last several years.

so, here's a neat link for all you haters: http://wonkette.com/417009/attention...r-the-wtc-site
    It also seems that people from outside of NYC don't understand how things are here. I work on Broadway in midtown. I rarely go to 9th Avenue, which is two blocks away. It might as well be California.

Ground Zero is sacred ground, we were attacked, 3000 of us were murdered, are our memories that short? tolerance my ass, they are thumbing their collective noses at us. I havent forgotten the celebrations in the streets in the Middle East after 9/11.
    And yet none of those hijackers were American Muslims. I wonder why. Maybe because of our religious freedoms, as espoused in the First Amendment.

Muslims build mosques on conquered territory
    There are many mosques in the US, heck there is even one in the Pentagon (also attacked on 9/11). I guess we've already been conquered, right?

There are even Muslim chaplains in the Army! Enemies at the gate! Eeek!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

..sigh...this is why the world will be a better place when ALL religions are wiped from existence.