Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Islamic Cultural Center/Muslim Mosque near ground Zero

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    ..sigh...this is why the world will be a better place when ALL religions are wiped from existence.
    I hate to say it, but I agree with you. However, religions, just like politics, have been used by the people who have created them, to divide and rule the human race for thousands of years.

Some say that religions will eventually be phased out, by those in real control, and we will be fed with a new religion which will be the "worship the earth" religion, based on and as a "reaction" to the utter and complete scam called "Man-made Global Warming". At this stage of the game, this assumption is just a, dare I say, "Conspiracy Theory", but it will be interesting to see how things develop in the near future.

A couple of relatively high-profile Muslims weigh in on the controversy:

American Muslim organization says President Obama is wrong
    http://www.aifdemocracy.org/news.php?id=6131

Arab TV Director: Ground Zero Mosque would be 'Monument' for Terrorists
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/alana-g...ent-terrorists

Having heard all sides of the argument, I think the protestation stems from mere bigotry and pettiness.

It also perpetuates the idea that it is ok to hate on an entire religion as it keeps using the keywords.

Hypocrisy, bigotry and a mental disconnect.

It's a talking point for republicans to spread their weird bigot message and it's provided a window of opportunity for all the bigots to get up an roar again.

whatever. People see it for what it is.

There's a mosque 800 feet from the proposed centre, which in and of itself is not a mosque and it is further evidence of ignorance and bigotry that it keeps getting held out as such by those who are in opposition.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Having heard all sides of the argument, I think the protestation stems from mere bigotry and pettiness.

It also perpetuates the idea that it is ok to hate on an entire religion as it keeps using the keywords.

Do you think the Muslims who oppose it, are engaging in bigotry, and/or pettiness, and that they hate their own religion?

And is there bigotry involved in NYC officials rolling out the red carpet for the Islamic center, while the Port Authority seems to be dragging it's feet (at best) regarding St. Nicholas Orthodox Church? See: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38462&s=rcmp

Quote Originally Posted by southernrock View Post
    Do you think the Muslims who oppose it, are engaging in bigotry, and/or pettiness, and that they hate their own religion?
    First off, I question the reasoning behind the opposition to the set up of the islamic centre. Why is it opposed? Really, look deep as to why you oppose it.

If you actually think that having a place of worship of god, a few blocks away from where a tragedy occured because 19 mostly saudi arabian wahabists in a criminal act of terror against the USA caused deaths, then you are suffering from a mental disconnect.

Why do you hate the religion of Islam? Because that is what you are doing. You are blanketing a billion people with your bigotted view in this little example.

You do realize there is already a mosque down the street? 800 feet away in fact. But because it's called a "majid" you are ignorant of it and therefore have no problem with it?

Are you going to start shouting about the other 20 or 30 mosques in manhattan as well?

I think people are engaging in political opportunism and the bigots and petty minded who cling to their hate are having a field day with it and on top of that are revealing what a huiuge lack of character and compassion they have.

For so long the right wingers of america have detested new york. They come down on it frequently as a den of infestation of gays and jews and then as soon as this came up, well hey, all of sudden right wing america now loves new york and is going to defend her from Islamization.

Oy Vey!

It is astoundingly petty, narrow, dumb, bigoted and the opponents are merely political opportunists and shills for the right wingers.

But hey, thanks for showing your colours. Good to know who the glenn beck ditto heads are.

Oh and hey, if you are well informed and not just a ditto head, then let me tell you that the Burlington Coat Factory hates your freedom.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 08-18-2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

First off, I question the reasoning behind the opposition to the set up of the islamic centre. Why is it opposed? Really, look deep as to why you oppose it.

If you actually think that having a place of worship of god, a few blocks away from where a tragedy occured because 19 mostly saudi arabian wahabists in a criminal act of terror against the USA caused deaths, then you are suffering from a mental disconnect.

Why do you hate the religion of Islam? Because that is what you are doing. You are blanketing a billion people with your bigotted view in this little example.

You do realize there is already a mosque down the street? 800 feet away in fact. But because it's called a "majid" you are ignorant of it and therefore have no problem with it?

Are you going to start shouting about the other 20 or 30 mosques in manhattan as well?

I think people are engaging in political opportunism and the bigots and petty minded who cling to their hate are having a field day with it and on top of that are revealing what a huiuge lack of character and compassion they have.

For so long the right wingers of america have detested new york. They come down on it frequently as a den of infestation of gays and jews and then as soon as this came up, well hey, all of sudden right wing america now loves new york and is going to defend her from Islamization.

Oy Vey!

It is astoundingly petty, narrow, dumb, bigoted and the opponents are merely political opportunists and shills for the right wingers.

But hey, thanks for showing your colours. Good to know who the glenn beck ditto heads are.

Oh and hey, if you are well informed and not just a ditto head, then let me tell you that the Burlington Coat Factory hates your freedom.

Not going to answer the questions I posed to you David?

Why do you assume I hate the religion of Islam, David? Are you so politically correct, that you automatically come to that conclusion?

Do you have psychic abilities, that allow you to discern who does or doesn't detest New York?

Your ad hominem frothing at the mouth, shows your true colors, and when it comes to bigotry, you take a back seat to no one..

Not going to answer the questions I posed to you David?

Why do you assume I hate the religion of Islam, David? Are you so politically correct, that you automatically come to that conclusion?

Do you have psychic abilities, that allow you to discern who does or doesn't detest New York?

Your ad hominem frothing at the mouth, shows your true colors, and when it comes to bigotry, you take a back seat to no one..
    I did answer your question. They are political opportunists. That's what I think.

I assume you hate the religion of Islam because you are opposed to letting a group of muslims from setting up a cultural center simply because it is in manhattan.

How many blocks away should it be before it's ok with you for these people to set up a place to reach out, make bridges and worship? How far should they be in your opinion?

Dude, I am the least politically correct person here next to Ross I think...but then, I don't think many of the people who post here are politically correct.
    Besides, being outspoken or non politicaly correct doesn't grant you wisdom over anyone. lol

My bigotry? lol, you're the one whining about some people meeting up and praying and eating together. get over yourself MIA badge BS poster who can only be bothere to weigh in on political hot topics which denotes you as a Fraud.

i come here for the kungfu, but i cometo the off topic to see folks like you try to backpedal out of their fear and hatred and bigotry when they have it thrown back in their faces.

such as I am doing now.

so Bigot, why do you think they shouldn't be allowed to live their lives, pray and eat in their place to do so like anyone else? Care to answer that? Or do you want to attack me personally because of my point of view. Maybe you could call me a psychic and try to diminsih my points again.

You will fail, because you are a bigot and that shines right though. YOu're not the only one though, there's lots of you, but that doesn't make your position logical, reasonable, rational or even sane.

speaking of frothing at the mouth. lol

you're so sensitive to new york aren't you"southern" rock.

please, crawl back under the sanke belly you dragged your sorry ass out from under to come here and stir crap.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I did answer your question. They are political opportunists. That's what I think.

I assume you hate the religion of Islam because you are opposed to letting a group of muslims from setting up a cultural center simply because it is in manhattan.

How many blocks away should it be before it's ok with you for these people to set up a place to reach out, make bridges and worship? How far should they be in your opinion?

Dude, I am the least politically correct person here next to Ross I think...but then, I don't think many of the people who post here are politically correct.
    Besides, being outspoken or non politicaly correct doesn't grant you wisdom over anyone. lol

My bigotry? lol, you're the one whining about some people meeting up and praying and eating together. get over yourself MIA badge BS poster who can only be bothere to weigh in on political hot topics which denotes you as a Fraud.

i come here for the kungfu, but i cometo the off topic to see folks like you try to backpedal out of their fear and hatred and bigotry when they have it thrown back in their faces.

such as I am doing now.

so Bigot, why do you think they shouldn't be allowed to live their lives, pray and eat in their place to do so like anyone else? Care to answer that? Or do you want to attack me personally because of my point of view. Maybe you could call me a psychic and try to diminsih my points again.

You will fail, because you are a bigot and that shines right though. YOu're not the only one though, there's lots of you, but that doesn't make your position logical, reasonable, rational or even sane.

speaking of frothing at the mouth. lol

you're so sensitive to new york aren't you"southern" rock.

please, crawl back under the sanke belly you dragged your sorry ass out from under to come here and stir crap.

Do you think bigotry is involved with the St. Nicholas Church? You are jumping to a conclusion based on you own bigotry, concerning whether or not I oppose the building of the Islamic center near Ground Zero. I think it is a matter for New Yorkers to decide - I just found your bigoted, hysterical characerization of anyone opposed to it, as pompous and childish.

I'll be posting elsewhere besides political hot topics, but I think a demagogue and a bully like you, should be confronted.

You don't need anyone else to try to diminish your points, Davey, you do a bang-up job of that all on your own.

Do you think bigotry is involved with the St. Nicholas Church? You are jumping to a conclusion based on you own bigotry, concerning whether or not I oppose the building of the Islamic center near Ground Zero. I think it is a matter for New Yorkers to decide - I just found your bigoted, hysterical characerization of anyone opposed to it, as pompous and childish.

I'll be posting elsewhere besides political hot topics, but I think a demagogue and a bully like you, should be confronted.

You don't need anyone else to try to diminish your points, Davey, you do a bang-up job of that all on your own.
    Let's try to stay on topic there anonymous guy.

Try not to get to familiar with me because i am upfront and use my own name here and don't cower in anonymity like so many of you folks that like to spew your bile and vitriol do. lol

I'll be surprised to see any informative kung fu topics coming from you. You joined this site just to pipe in on this one subject.

You make really weak attempts at obfuscation and try to curtail into other subjects instead of dealing with what you have just been confronted with.

Go ahead an confront me. I will deal with you and your ilk as need be. You're a coward and a bigot. A dime a dozen these days. Your ideology is hate and intolerance and for me, I don't have any issues kicking that junk to the curb.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Then why do you support disregarding the first amendment?

If you want to take a cue from our forefathers, especially regarding state or government intervention, then maybe you should abide by the following quote.

"Those who are willing to give a bit of liberty to gain a bit of security deserve neither and will lose both."
    Please read my earlier posts. I clearly stated they have every right to build the mosque. I did say I felt it was in bad taste and insensitive, however. But to say it again; the Governemt cannot, and should not, ban the mosque.

Let's try to stay on topic there anonymous guy.

Try not to get to familiar with me because i am upfront and use my own name here and don't cower in anonymity like so many of you folks that like to spew your bile and vitriol do. lol

I'll be surprised to see any informative kung fu topics coming from you. You joined this site just to pipe in on this one subject.

You make really weak attempts at obfuscation and try to curtail into other subjects instead of dealing with what you have just been confronted with.

Go ahead an confront me. I will deal with you and your ilk as need be. You're a coward and a bigot. A dime a dozen these days. Your ideology is hate and intolerance and for me, I don't have any issues kicking that junk to the curb.

Anonymous guy? My name is Tim Egan.

The only thing I've been confronted with, is your biased certainty that anyone who even asks questions of your positions on this thread, hates all of Islam, and like assumptions on your part.

How is my ideology 'hate and intolerance", specifically, that is?
    Last edited by southernrock; 08-18-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Well...golly, that's for the courts to decide now isn't it? The courts have already ruled that immigration is the purview of the Federal Government. So...
    You said Arizona's law "infringes on Federal powers". I asked for you to explain that. Please explain that. I even posted your quote below where you said just that:

If a state law infringes on Federal powers or is unconstitutional, then it is the duty of the Department of Justice to challenge that law in court. Which is exactly what's happening. The system works. Yay!!! You should be happy.
    Also, I'm waiting on the whole "protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic" language from the President's oath of office or the Constitution.
    I was mistaken. However, it is our Government's duty to enforce the very laws they themselves passed. And they passed the laws relating to illegal immigration, and now this President is all but refusing to enforce those laws. Actually suing a State for enforcing the law is a very dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Please read my earlier posts. I clearly stated they have every right to build the mosque. I did say I felt it was in bad taste and insensitive, however. But to say it again; the Governemt cannot, and should not, ban the mosque.
    Well, then we're in agreement. I don't think the mosque should be built, because Muslims SHOULD be sensitive to what happened there. However, if they absolutely wish to, who is to say they can't?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    You said Arizona's law "infringes on Federal powers". I asked for you to explain that. Please explain that. I even posted your quote below where you said just that:

If a state law infringes on Federal powers or is unconstitutional, then it is the duty of the Department of Justice to challenge that law in court. Which is exactly what's happening. The system works. Yay!!! You should be happy.
    Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit (kind of reminds me of another poster...). Clearly the Department of Justice feels that the SB1070 infringes on powers reserved to the Federal Government (i.e. immigration). Hence the challenge. The courts will resolve the dispute. Which is the way things are supposed to work.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.