Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public Statement from WHFYWCKFA

every so often...

I like to randomly read a thread in the WC forum just to remind myself that for all my mental instability, things aren't quite as bad as they seem;

so thanks for that reassurance;

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Apostrophe. And you need one after "friggin".
    Hmmm. The Urban Dictionary seems to disagree with your spelling here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friggin

And it probably is noteworthy to point out that when your spelling is corrected by the Urban Dictionary while you are correcting another poster's spelling yourself,

That = FAIL
    Last edited by Wayfaring; 08-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.

That = FAIL
    Friggin(') heck!

Dictionary.com has no entry for friggin, but has one for frigging. I stand by my earlier statements, though I tip my hat respectfully to your diligence and research skills.
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

And I tip my hat to anerlich's proofing skills. Sheesh, I didn't know I had to watch my punctuation, spelling and grammar so much around here on a MA forum. Hey, I have some work docs that need proofing, should I send them over?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Strikes Again!!!!!!!

(I doubt he cares whether Benny wants to call him "red flag" or anything else. I haven't heard Phil. Victor or GM Cheung getting much upset about it either)
    Actually, if memory serves right Victor, had some comments about TWC not being red flag either some time ago on this forum. I'm sure once Victor reads this thread he'll have his own comment on it.

from http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88994
    The HKB oral history goes back to the burning of the Southern Shaolin Temple in the 1600s. According to their oral tradition, there were 5 secret societies that
    were formed with the express purpose of fighting to overthrow the Qing
    Dynasty. Each flag was sent to a different area of China. For example, the
    Red Flag went to Canton while the Black Flag - the 1st lodge and most
    important - stayed in the Fukien area, around the ruins of the Southern
    Shaolin Temple
    Funny, that out of what, 80 styles of "Shaolin Kung Fu" this is the first we hear of 5 flags?

Is there any record of a Black Flag/5 flags in Fukien Province? No.

Is there any record of Red Flag/5 flags in Canton? No.

Is there any record of Black Flag/Red flag/5 flags at all? Only as Bandits in Shandong.

That begs the question, if Red Flag doesn't exist as a secret society, what are the chances that black flag doesn't exist as one either?
    Last edited by Eric_H; 08-18-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Actually, if memory serves right Victor, had some comments about TWC not being red flag either some time ago on this forum.
    I agree with him. That said, I doubt either of us have lost a microsecond of sleep over the (non-)issue.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Sheesh, I didn't know I had to watch my punctuation, spelling and grammar so much around here on a MA forum. Hey, I have some work docs that need proofing, should I send them over?
    I don't think you can afford my rates (or for that matter, to take the risk).

"Actually, if memory serves right Victor, had some comments about TWC not being red flag either some time ago on this forum. I'm sure once Victor reads this thread he'll have his own comment on it." (Eric H)

i agree with him. That said, i doubt either of us have lost a microsecond of sleep over the (non)-issue.

***Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Hmmm. The Urban Dictionary seems to disagree with your spelling here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friggin

And it probably is noteworthy to point out that when your spelling is corrected by the Urban Dictionary while you are correcting another poster's spelling yourself,

That = FAIL
    Using the urban dictionary as a reputable source for spelling, or the existence of words = EPIC FAIL.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

Let's get the chinese history straight and speaking with facts.

Is there any record of a Black Flag/5 flags in Fukien Province? No.

Is there any record of Red Flag/5 flags in Canton? No.

Is there any record of Black Flag army in Kwan Xi who is a part of Tien Die Hui?

YES

Is there any record of Black Flag/Red flag/5 flags at all? Only as Bandits in Shandong.

That Shandong black flag is not the Black Flag Army which is under TaiDei Hui or Hung Nun.

黑旗军历史

1857年,刘永福加入了广西天地会领导的农民起义军。后来其领导的黑旗军是天地会的一支,以七星黑旗 为军旗,故称黑旗军,基本成员是贫苦农民。19世纪60年代移到滇越边境一带,逐渐扩充到两千 多人;

Some one want to translate the above?

in fact the leader 刘永福 is a famous Chinese general who reside in Vietnam to fight the France army. Later the black flag army was in Taiwan fighting the Japanese invasion and sacrified....

the time line of this black flag army is late 1800 and early 1900.

黑旗军,中国十九世纪末的一支地方武装,以七星黑旗为战旗,因以得名。前期主要军事行动为抗击清朝统治。1 867年清军的进攻迫使黑旗军进驻保胜(今越南老街)。后在抗击法国侵略越南(中法战争)的战争中多次取得 胜利,将领刘永福(1837年—1917年)曾被越南国王授予三宣副提督之职。协同老将冯子材的部队,从根 本上扭转了战争形势,迫使挑起战争的法国茹费理内阁倒台。刘永福返回中国后被清廷下令解散。甲午战争中黑旗 军奉清政府命令重新编组,仍由刘永福率领,进驻台湾岛。后日军侵台,因战局受困,将士大多战死 。

This is the flag
    http://baike.baidu.com/image/d68b65cbba2b8c20be09e68a

This is the leader
    http://baike.baidu.com/image/310f3b1f396126f7a6866948
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-18-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Using the urban dictionary as a reputable source for spelling, or the existence of words = EPIC FAIL.
    So where exactly do you research the meaning, usage and spelling of strictly slang terminology there Professor Shaw?

Benny Meng, oh, Benny Meng...
    Benny Meng came to Brazil and taught a lot of nonsense under the "Hung Fa Yi" label. A lot of money was wasted by myself and my KF partners until we decided to stop learning his pseudo-HFY.
    He did the same in the US: a lot of people over there have learned his fake HFY stuff.
    And now he comes with that Black Flag BS, but people in Brazil and the US are still learning from him. Those people deserve a Benny Meng in their lives, as much as I and my friends deserved a Benny Meng in our lives as long as we agreed to pay him money for garbage.
    Benny Meng will always be... Benny Meng - no matter where he is and what he's "teaching".

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post
    Benny Meng, oh, Benny Meng...
    Benny Meng came to Brazil and taught a lot of nonsense under the "Hung Fa Yi" label. A lot of money was wasted by myself and my KF partners until we decided to stop learning his pseudo-HFY.
    He did the same in the US: a lot of people over there have learned his fake HFY stuff.
    And now he comes with that Black Flag BS, but people in Brazil and the US are still learning from him. Those people deserve a Benny Meng in their lives, as much as I and my friends deserved a Benny Meng in our lives as long as we agreed to pay him money for garbage.
    Benny Meng will always be... Benny Meng - no matter where he is and what he's "teaching".
    And have you learned your lesson?

Well, I hope I have.
    That's why we're here, in this world (or at least that's what I believe in).
    All in all, I'm thankful for that opportunity that "life" gave me, of learning a little bit more about the human nature. And hopefully I'm now immune of "Benny Mengness".
    Peace out!