Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Chen Taijiquan Various Form and Application Videos

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ah, Bawang-Fu, it makes this forum worthwhile !!
    although we seem to have a had a lack of Uki Ryu lately...

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Ah, Bawang-Fu, it makes this forum worthwhile !!
    that it does...the random b!tch slapping he hands out is just epic awesomeness of the highest calibur which cannot be replicated by anyone on this planet.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    that it does...the random b!tch slapping he hands out is just epic awesomeness of the highest calibur which cannot be replicated by anyone on this planet.
    Are you serious or being sarcastic? Bawang is a nutjob looney toon who usually sounds like his only exposure to martial arts has been through old "Hong Kong Phooey" cartoons...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Are you serious or being sarcastic? Bawang is a nutjob looney toon who usually sounds like his only exposure to martial arts has been through old "Hong Kong Phooey" cartoons...
    Like I said some people take this sh!t way to serious....
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

My recommendations are not based on commercial intent: take the suggestions, and you'd have less students.

They're based on ability to maintain the tradition.

The tradition included fighting, whether in war, bodyguard work, police work, or criminal work.

This lifestyle was usually intrinsic to the strong traditions.

If those are absent, they must be replaced by something, or the tradition is not alive at all.

Conversely, students sought out the best teachers because they needed the best info, and teachers kept in mind to take trustworthy students(trustworthy to them, in cases), but also tried to get the most talented, and people with experience.

So, in seeking students, the tradition also included aiming one's efforts at good hearted people, but preferring ones with a good heart AND talent.

To get the talented to the good teachers, introductions and word of mouth were important.

We don't have the same system to make use of introductions, and the talented, if they're aware of taiji, cannot be blamed for the fact that taiji does not have the best reputation. To punish them for the fault of taiji proponents by not seeking to teach them is senseless, it only punishes the good versions of taiji by denying the style the best proponents possible and welcoming those who exoticize it. To overcome the bad info, one can present something more real.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 08-20-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    I've communicated with him privately, he actually has done some serious research into Ming Dynasty records re: taiji techniques / origins, etc. and has some pretty solid experience and ideas

he just acts like a goof ball on the forum, because, well, that's pat of the reason why we's alls here

i used to be very serious on the internet. but people on kung fu forums just ask and say the most rediculous things. the final straw was when some dragonballgoku1991 asked is it ok to masterbate while doing iron palm and asking for dim mak manuals. after that i just troll internet and make poeple mad for fun.
    just last week someone on this forum asked me to translate secret text a taoist wudang monk gave to him, turns out this is just common info u can find on chinese google. i wasted fukin 20 minutes translating his secret text.

i just dont like low standards in chinese martial arts in america where total sh1t is considered decent or good. where kung fu students dont understand the basic concept of "face" and shame and talk out of their ass and talk themselves into godhood. is that too much?
    Last edited by bawang; 08-20-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i used to be very serious on the internet. but people on kung fu forums just ask and say the most rediculous things. the final straw was when some dragonballgoku1991 asked is it ok to masterbate while doing iron palm and asking for dim mak manuals. after that i just troll internet and make poeple mad for fun.

i just dont like low standards in chinese martial arts in america where total sh1t is considered decent or good. where kung fu students dont understand the basic concept of "face" and shame and talk out of their ass and talk themselves into godhood. is that too much?
    Enjoying making people mad for fun (trolling) on the net is not a novel or unique pastime, it is very common. Admitting that this is what you prefer to do does not excuse or negate a basic rudeness and lack of manners that is on display.

Regardless of you apparent idea that you represent and understand martial arts 'standards' in China, from people who have actually lived and trained there, your behavior here is distinctly American (lacking basic manners, lacking humility, believing you are number one).

Chinese generally would see it this way:

脸皮太厚

If you know what this means.. only a fool continues this way.
    Chen Zhaokui Taijiquan Association North America
    http://www.taijigongfu.com

i talk this way on the internet because this it the internet. wat happens if i critisize a kung fu guy in real life?
    "yes, yes of course, you are right. hey i have to go, see you later."
    then he will go away and open a torrent of sh1t talking and gossip and slander behind my back as revenge.

u mistake american arrogance for me refusing to lie and pretend to be polite to you. im telling u what chinese people in real life wouldnt be telling you. theyd just smirk and walk away, maybe say youre good.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-20-2010 at 04:17 PM.

i
    u mistake american arrogance for me refusing to lie and pretend to be polite to you. im telling u what chinese people in real life wouldnt be telling you. theyd just smirk and walk away, maybe say youre good.
    my sifu always says that for Chinese, the best "revenge" is allowing someone to continue to do what they have been doing without them realizing that they are wrong (as opposed to the US where we want to tell everyone else how wrong they are); not saying anything about this specific case, but it does make one wonder...although actually, after hanging around w/sum of the old-skool sifus like CTS, if you see them doing the mock praise vs the genuine praise, you actually do get the difference (the mock praise tends to be of a greater quantity and an end unto itself; genuine praise is more restrained and always ends w/the sifu pushing you into a new zone of discomfort, lol)

yeah mang. i think the mock praise helped destroy kung fu in america. the sh1t student cant tell, and he goes forth and multiplies
    its part of the laisaiz faire attitude of just letting things take their own course that ruined kung fu. the old sifus didnt realize how powerful the american ego is.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-20-2010 at 04:29 PM.

i talk this way on the internet because this it the internet. wat happens if i critisize a kung fu guy in real life?
    "yes, yes of course, you are right. hey i have to go, see you later."
    then he will go away and open a torrent of sh1t talking and gossip and slander behind my back as revenge.

Wow, you figured me out!
    Chen Zhaokui Taijiquan Association North America
    http://www.taijigongfu.com

i win internet fight

Actually, though it may not have looked like I was involved, I won.

/internetmuscleflex
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

hy bawang

i want to be your discipul so i can learn asshammer style and make monies by seling garlic stuffs and conning the white devils so i can eat burger food. please say yes? praised be guanyu