Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expendables II

I wonder what Bolo is doing these days. The only movie he's been in in the last 14 years is Blihzney Boy. And apparently no one is allowed to see that movie. There's a video on youtube where he is 64 years old and his Tai Chi is on a very very high level. Van Damme should give him a role. He wouldn't be the semi-star he is today without Bolo.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i think we are all forgetting that this is about western action stars like kurt russel...everyone keeps adding in more and more MA people...doubt its gonna be that way...and im happy it isnt, cause the ma sucked major donkey ass in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I wonder what Bolo is doing these days. The only movie he's been in in the last 14 years is Blihzney Boy. And apparently no one is allowed to see that movie. There's a video on youtube where he is 64 years old and his Tai Chi is on a very very high level. Van Damme should give him a role. He wouldn't be the semi-star he is today without Bolo.
    Hi jethro, could you provide a link please? I looked, but could not find a clip of Bolo doing Tai Chi.

"For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i saw him in some cheesy movie awhile ago... cant remember the name... it wasnt english or chinese tho... french or italian or something... he was the old master with the pebble in his hand... very lame, very cliche... too bad... i like him in that chen zen movie, where he's hunched over like an ape when he fights... then they hang him... whats that called again??? uugghh, i just cant remember...

he's lost so much weight since the 70's... i wonder when he stopped juicing???

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.

really????????

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How's about Jim Kelly, John Saxon and Pam Grier?
    isnt jim kelly a tennis coach in compton???
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-06-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Expendables 1 spoiler

The Cannonball Run of yesterday's action stars.
    Exclusive: Not Even Death Will Stop The Expendables
    Source: Edward Douglas
    October 3, 2010

Earlier today, we were talking with Bruce Willis, who was paired with Karl Urban at the junket for the action-comedy RED. As we were being given the sign to wrap-up, we quickly asked whether or not Willis might talk Sylvester Stallone into finding a place for Karl in the planned sequel for the breakout action hit The Expendables. Sly has already said that he wants his fellow '80s action star to play a bigger role in the sequel after all.

"I talked to Sly and he's going for all the marbles this time, and he's going to get everybody in this time," he told us. "Even Stone Cold Steve Austin who took two bullets in the last film, he's coming back, too. Hopefully, they'll start shooting it while we're young enough to survive."

RED opens nationwide on October 15, but you can forward to a lot more about the movie both with Bruce (and Karl) over on SuperHeroHype soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The expendables was a bomb here in Korea. I bet they didn't say that in the news.

On opening week the theatre was so empty they didn't even charge for tickets.

On another note I have a personal disgust for the role jet li played..ie a "small weak asian guy" .

ok i just started caring about part 2
    Film News
    Donnie Yen Joining The Cast Of THE EXPENDABLES 2?

by Hugo Ozman, August 21, 2011 5:34 AM

Action, Asia

According to Hong Kong newspapers, while Donnie Yen and his family were on holidays in the US recently, he was invited to dinner by producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner has offered Yen a 'tailor-made' role in the upcoming sequel to THE EXPENDABLES, which is due to commence shooting in October.

A spokesperson from Yen's company confirmed that there was in fact an offer, and went on to say that Yen may be interested in THE EXPENDABLES, but because he currently has a number of projects to choose from, he will not decide until he sees if the script appeals to him or not.

Back in the early 2000s, Donnie Yen was already working in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Shanghai Knight and Blade II (for which he also acted as fight choreographer). Of course, he is a much bigger star now following the recent success of Ip Man 1 & 2 and BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS.

get Jacki Chen in there too. Have a 3 way fight of Jacki, jet, and Donnie. OMFG I would die a happy man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Well look at this

This changes everything for me on the sequel
    Donnie Yen Joining The Cast Of THE EXPENDABLES 2?
    by Hugo Ozman, August 21, 2011 5:34 AM

According to Hong Kong newspapers, while Donnie Yen and his family were on holidays in the US recently, he was invited to dinner by producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner has offered Yen a 'tailor-made' role in the upcoming sequel to THE EXPENDABLES, which is due to commence shooting in October.

A spokesperson from Yen's company confirmed that there was in fact an offer, and went on to say that Yen may be interested in THE EXPENDABLES, but because he currently has a number of projects to choose from, he will not decide until he sees if the script appeals to him or not.

Back in the early 2000s, Donnie Yen was already working in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Shanghai Knight and Blade II (for which he also acted as fight choreographer). Of course, he is a much bigger star now following the recent success of Ip Man 1 & 2 and BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS.
    Umm, I mean Donnie, of course. Not Taylor.

Taylor Lautner rumored for “The Expendables 2”
    Published August 31, 2011 at 12:09am Updated August 31, 2011 at 12:09am

It appears a sequel to 2010’s Sylvester Stallone-directed “The Expendables” is a go, though so far the only official information we have about the film is that most of the cast (minus Jet Li) will be reprising its role from the original, Simon West (Con Air, Tomb Raider) is slated to direct, and the screenplay was co-written by the guy who penned Muppets from Space (not kidding, look it up!).

But this week, the New York Post (and everyone else, for that matter) is reporting that the producers have compiled a “wish-list” of names to pursue for the sequel, ranging from obvious choices like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nic Cage, and Chuck Norris, to less obvious ones, like Taylor Lautner.

The good news is that, for now, the rumor is just that. While no official offer has been extended to Lautner as of yet, it’s projected that Lionsgate may be looking to capitalize on the young actor’s foray into action with September’s “Abduction,” which is all but guaranteed to decisively suck.

“Expendables 2” starts shooting later this year. The official synopsis (via financier Nu Image) is as follows:

“The Expendables are back and this time it’s personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They’re not the only ones who want blood. Tool’s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now, Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.”

So what role do you see Lautner playing in this? A new member of the Expendables? The “ruthless” dictator? Mickey Rourke’s daughter? Guess we’ll find out in a year; “Expendables 2” hits theaters August 2012.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

beat you by a week gene

i posted this in the expendables thread forgot there was one made for 2.