Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables II

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.
    No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....
    jet li never had a san shou record...all his stuff was for wushu forms...dont even think they had san shou back in those days.

Doug is correct. Jet Li was a champion in forms, not fighting. In fact, Jet Li has admitted more than once that he does not know how to fight for real. He's a master of performance and film fighting, but that's a whole different ballgame.

As to whether Van Damme could actually beat Jet Li or vice versa, who cares?

dude we all know Dolph Lungran is the most bad ass mother on the set. couture wishes he could shoot on him... lol just trolling in here.

no trolls here man...trolls belong under the bridge...aka..the main forum, thats where you trolls belong please dont slither down here again...lol

Looks legit

I'm struck by how viral this went. Seemed to get more coverage than the stuntman death earlier.
    'The Expendables 2' Might Be Rated PG-13 Thanks to Chuck Norris?
    by Ethan Anderton
    January 18, 2012

For all those fans who enjoyed the testosterone fueled action of The Expendables, it's safe to say that a lot of that entertainment not only came from the collection of big action stars from decades passed, but also the extreme, over-the-top action and bloody violence. Well, it sounds like the The Expendables 2 might not be on the same level as the first film thanks to the participation of Chuck Norris. In a recent interview with the Polish paper Gazeta (via Arrow in the Head) Norris said that it was the vulgar language in the screenplay that turned him off, and changes were made to allow the film to be rated PG-13. More below!

Here's what Norris told the Polish paper:

“In ‘Expendables 2,’ there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn’t be able to watch this. But I don’t play in movies like this,” Norris explained. “Due to that I said I won’t be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.”

Sounds pretty lame to me, and it's always perplexing as to why people like Chuck Norris are more concerned with naughty words than by the gratuitous violence on display in action films like this. It's not clear whether or not the film will actually be rated PG-13, or maybe just the language was dulled down and Sylvester Stallone and the rest of the gang are just letting Norris think that the film isn't going to be R-rated. It's possible to have a solid action film without all the blood and gore, but in the first film, it did help make things a little more intense. We'll have to wait and see how the film turns out when Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Yu Nan, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger return to the big screen on August 17th. Thoughts?

UPDATE: Sylvester Stallone has contacted Ain't It Cool News and has confirmed that the film will indeed be PG-13, but he's quick to try and quell anyone's fears saying:

"Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance. Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG-13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry...Sly."

He does his best to instill confidence, but I'm just not sure a PG-13 sequel to The Expendables can deliver. It's not the vulgar language that's needed, but it's the intense action and bloody violence that made for a raucous romp last time. Here's hoping fans of the original won't be disappointed.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

according to terry crews its def. gonna be pg13 but i doubt its cause of chuck...probably because of the massive size budget this one has well over 100mil...no way a studio is gonna risk that much chedder on a r movie...but you can have massive amounts of action in a movie...blood body parts all of that good stuff..and as long as you dont say one curse word...youd get a pg13... look at all the mission impossible films.wasnt a fan of the first one have little to no desire to see the second...but i reckon there will be more action in this one then there was in the first.

i remember jet li saying in an interview he has never fought anyone, ever. from his mouth not mine :P vandamme actually has a somewhat extensive fight record that can be seen here. all semi and light contact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Van_Damme

Last edited by Lucas; 02-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

OK, now this makes me want to see this....

Great ad campaign.
    The Expendables Cast Has Killed Quite a Few People
    Infographic breaks down the body count
    Get the WebProNews Newsletter!
    By Todd Rigney · 21 hours ago

Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables” is a cheesy action movie fanatic’s wet dream. The film, which stars Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Mickey Rourke, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Bruce Willis, and Randy Couture, featured everything you could possibly want from a motion picture containing that much concentrated machismo. Tons of explosions, frequent one-liners, and a plethora of bloody kills were all in attendance. The sequel, which is set to debut in North American theaters this summer, promises even more cinematic carnage, which should keep action junkies clapping enthusiastically until the end credits. That’s what I’m hoping will happen, anyway.

While ingesting all of that merciless on-screen carnage, have you ever wondered how many people these guys have “killed” throughout their careers? If so, direct your undivided attention to the infographic embedded below. There you’ll find the total collected body counts for each of their respective films, presented in a manner that’s incredibly easy to consume. If you haven’t seen “The Expendables”, this should give you a good idea of what to expect. Speaking of which, what are you waiting? Simon West’s sequel is on the horizon, and you don’t want to be the last person on your block to have seen the film. That would be beyond embarrassing.

“The Expendables 2″, which also adds Liam Hemsworth, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, and Chuck Norris to its ranks, is scheduled to arrive in theaters on August 17th.

Although once again, I think they short-sheeted Jet. There's a few films missing from his count.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

LOL at the kill count !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Great ad campaign.

Although once again, I think they short-sheeted Jet. There's a few films missing from his count.
    Yep. Like 2/3 of them. Sad really...

i notice they only add a few of jets chinese movies....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I figured Jet would have about the current total alone??

Quote Originally Posted by Featherstone View Post
    I figured Jet would have about the current total alone??
    can anyone say fong sai yuk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxRZN3Iep0

a female expendable? neato. these posters are cool though, they have one for each character.