Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Rasta - the 37th Chamber

Shaolin Rasta - the 37th Chamber

There are more of us than you think...

Thanks to Gene's fantastic new book - he has uncovered a style of Shaolin that up until this point many practitioners did not know they were a part off.

Had to get a thread going on this LOL!!!

Now I can put a face to a name

Shaolin Trips. It's on every Shaolin Rasta's bookshelf.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Correct - however that was my wife who sent you the face book praise...

Shaolin Rasta envy will drive a person to that

Lets work on getting Burning Spear to a Shaolin Rasta Festival...
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 08-21-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Burning Spear is nothing but another pop group now under Michael Frante's front.

Yeah they sound so bad...

I&I cyan't beleive dis'ere t'read sus pon Burning Spear

Spear Burn!

Check 'dis - Shaolin Rasta represents at TCKFMCII, seen? (see video "Presenting: Gene Ching")

P.S. Now I can put a face on your wife, Blacktiger.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

LOL thats great!!!

I was being sarcastic in realtion to Burning Spear...

ha! as someone who is both a shaolin disciple and someone who works in Jamaica with some people such as High Priest Ellis out of Judgement Yard amongst many others, I bring Shaolin and Rasta together quite a bit!

no way to post pics in these threads yet is there...****.

any of you guys ever check out the religious hard talk on tvj? muta engaged in an interesting debate and references Buddhism a few times!

Been waiting for you to chime in on dishere one, Richard!

And you can post pics here. You can upload them by using the "attach files" function beneath the posting window, and then grab the image address and paste it in the "insert image" icon in the toolbar above the posting window. Or you can just use the "insert image" and post something from somewhere else on the web.

Here's a pic of me in full rasta regalia. This is from Reggae Rising 2009. I oversee psychiatric crisis intervention for Jah Med, a true duppy conqueror!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

let's see...

word. okay then.

training at my bredren's farm, this cotton tree is about 400 years old.

we basically took over the west end of negril for the week. before the 2nd day everyone was saying merry christmas and amitabha.

one of my Idren is High Priest Ellis, out of Judgement Yard. Every year for my main event in Negril, Priest gathers representatives out of all the bredren to come represent. Actually this is quite rare, as many of the groups stick to their own trod. However, Priest is able to get Nyabinghi men, Bobo, even the most serious bredren who never come down from the hills come down to Negril. Anyway, we have had quite a few reasonings over the years and he has always wanted a set of Shaolin robes and some malas, and when I told him my plans for a retreat to support our capital campaign, and how we would need a buddha, he went and found a rastaman carver to do the work.

This is one of the first Buddhas to be carved in Negril, and Jamaica to my knowledge.

The story goes it caused quite the fuss around the work shop, with people forwarding by to check it out as it progressed, even take pictures, and other carvers showing love and support.
    and now to the rasta:

tessane chynn was staying at the same property, having a show.

High Priest Ellis, and Buddha Carver.

the game of chess is like a sword fight....

Great stuff...

This thread still has legs!!!!

I got some more I just need to dig them up.

Look Pon Dis!

Kiss mi neck! Mi cyaan believe mi yeye! Aw, you dudes are HURTIN' mi right now! ( I mean that in a good way). Ok, I caught wind of monk Shi Yanming bein' in Negril a couple a years ago, but can you tell me, bredda Sloan, if this is a year to year ting? Cause, if so, I definitely want to be there. When I was in Negril in July, I saw a Rasta yout' over by Rick's bangin' his arms on a tree! Right then I thought of Yanming and figured his (and the whole a yu guys') influence was the cause! By the way, I'm that guy talkin' to Gene in the clip ( wha' gwaan, bredda Gene?) And you best believe, Rasta & Shaolin can go together, and all wushu in general. I could go on & on about that, but it's late & I should be in bed! Anyway, til such time. Bless.