Hello! I am new here but have been enjoying the discussions for some time.

Everybody associates Bruce Lee with the nunchaku but this isn't the only "flexible" weapon Bruce Lee trained with. Especially in the Seattle period, the three sectional staff seemed to have peaked Bruce Lee's interest.

There are more pictures than these but couldn't find them right now on the internet as a link, so i will attach them to this message.

My question is does anybody know where Bruce Lee learned to use the three sectional staff? The weapon obviously does not exist in Wing Chun or the other southern arts he would have been exposed too. This question also applies to his usage of the spear which there are some Seattle era pics of him with the spear (much like the above ones)

An interview with Patrick Strong who was a original Bruce Lee student, he also recalls in a interview "He would often demonstrate a three-section staff form and, of course, part of the Mook Jung (wooden dummy) form."

Any information and discussion about Bruce Lee's connection to these traditionally Northern style weapons as far as what style/what Sifu, etc would be appreciated!!!!

TC