Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Sectional Staff and Bruce Lee

wow sounds like a lot haters, but i guess its ok because he's dead. to bad

Quote Originally Posted by weakstudent View Post
    wow sounds like a lot haters, but i guess its ok because he's dead. to bad
    wow sounds like a lot of head-up-aszery, but i guess its ok because you're an idiot. to bad

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    wow sounds like a lot of head-up-aszery, but i guess its ok because you're an idiot. to bad
    bruce lee didnt sell out kung fu. chinese people sold out kung fu

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

so sorry internet warrior, please forgive me for being so stupid now that being said. maybe you can tell me what part of the world you are at so i can come to you bearing gifts to pay respect to you and your words of wisdom

so sorry internet warrior, please forgive me for being so stupid now that being said. maybe you can tell me what part of the world you are at so i can come to you bearing gifts to pay respect to you and your words of wisdom
    oooh now that's some sweet internet warrior typage right there!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

so sorry internet warrior, please forgive me for being so stupid
    I forgive you; does that help?

now that being said. maybe you can tell me what part of the world you are at so i can come to you bearing gifts to pay respect to you and your words of wisdom
    lol, look, things are kinda busy here right now with this whole Nam vs. Yang thingy, so we really don't have any extra time to devote to your gift-bearing and respect-paying;

however, when it dies down, then you can start things up again by challenging me to a kung-fu death match (but I warn you, you will have to sign a 47 page contract and when you show up I will film you saying hello, then edit out the rest and claim that I disintegrated you with my chi), because I have insulted the great Bruce Lee and by pointing out your lack of ability to discern objective analysis from "hating"; oh, and also for playing the "he's dead, leave him alone" card, because you think that has merit when assessing what someone says vs. what they actually embodied - look, I know it must be hard for you as you obviously idolize the man, but not everyone does; deal with it; and if you want to make a counter argument, at least do it based on objective criteria, not your personal emotional reactivity;

I mean, let me get this straight - me, anonymous poster #1, says a not nice thing to you, anonymous poster #2, and now you are so insulted and mortified you now want to meet up with and fight me, which you state by using thinly-veiled euphemisms in that regard? I mean, look, if I actually was face to face with you, I'd say the same thing; if you tried the "don't be a hater" argument, I'd tell you exactly the same thing I wrote; what would you do? punch me in the face? are you frustrated that you can't do that here, so you want me to tell you where I am so you can come and do it after the fact? good lord man, get a life;

Bruce Lee AND the Burlington Coat Factory Hate your freedom!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Bruce Lee AND the Burlington Coat Factory Hate your freedom!!
    Guan Gung rubbs his hoary ballz at you

(just seeing what it's like to be bawang for a bit)

apology accepted thank you for not unleashing your chi power thru the internet at me
    hahahaha no hard feelings kung fu brothers unite

yes. we must use our powers for good not evil. wit great power cum grate responbilty

bruce lee can drink my pee and eat my poopoo
    Last edited by bawang; 08-25-2010 at 07:32 PM.

apology accepted thank you for not unleashing your chi power thru the internet at me
    hahahaha no hard feelings kung fu brothers unite
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    yes. we must use our powers for good not evil. wit great power cum grate responbilty
    I think I need to start spending a lot less time on-line...

i surf internet in horse stance. im training

I appreciate the humor, although some of it is alittle.....weird....

And thanks to the people that actually took my question seriously. This is the problem with asking any question regarding Bruce Lee or JKD. It brings out the crazies

look, i dont hate bruce lee... i mean he was a bit of a m o u t h y d i c k but i can accept that as alot of my friends are m o u t h y p r i c k s but what i dont like is the hero worship and absolute falsehoods people base that hero worship on... its so annoying to have a normal MA convo and have his name come up from some mcdojo armchair ufc fighter spouting off about how he was the greatest fighter in the history of man and "invented ufc" ... and its those people that make me cringe even when normal people bring him up to the point where, and i'll be the first to admit this, i have a bit of a bias against those who even use him as an example in convos about fighting... he aint fought nobody... all we have is stories from nutthugger students who rode his commet tail right into obscurity where they belong... teaching jeet kune do to fat people in the middle of butt f u c k nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    There was a Northern teacher i HK that taught Bruce Lee some stuff in exchange for Cha-Cha lessons.
    Bruce Lee also used them in an episode of "The Green Hornet."
    (the cool one where he fights Mako in a "traditional Gung-Fu duel" to see who rules the Tong)

NICE!!!!!!!
    The Green Hornet - The Preying Mantis - 1966 ( i looked it up, my memory aint that good)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    3-Section Black Hardwood Staff - I'm sure Bruce would have gotten his 3-sectional staffs here.
    what do you guys think about the ball bearings(sp)???personally, i like links, despite the obvious drawback... but ive broken too many ball bearing nunchacku and 3 sec staffs to not be able to trust them anymore... i wont even use one around people, lest i smoke some kid in the mouth from 25 feet away... atleast with the links i know it 'probably' wont break

best nunchaku i ever had are ones i made... custom size on the lathe, and nylon rope joining them(comming out the end, ofcourse, i hate it off center, no good)...

Quote Originally Posted by ekaterina View Post
    "empty your mind, be formless. shapeless, like water.
    if you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
    you put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle.
    you put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. now,
    water can flow or it can crash.
    be water my friend." Bruce Lee ~

yeah but it was hardly an original thought...

bruce lee flowed like diarrhea after i eat too much cantonese food