Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three Sectional Staff and Bruce Lee

Blog Entries
    I heard Bruce Lee learned Kung Li Chuan before he came to US. he used one Kung Li Chuan move in the movie "Chinese Connection" by back fist on one guy's face and hit the other guy's groin at the same time.

Since we are talking about 3 sectional staff here, here is a nice 3 sectional staff form to share. I met him about 35 years ago in Dallas Karate tournament (the year that Bruce Lee died). I like his form very much. This guy could fight too. He had a nice side kick, side kick, turn around back kick combo. I don't know where he lives now. Does anybody know this person?

http://johnswang.com/3_section_staff.wmv
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-26-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I heard Bruce Lee learned Kung Li Chuan before he came to US. he used one Kung Li Chuan move in the movie "Chinese Connection" by back fist on one guy's face and hit the other guy's groin at the same time.

Since we are talking about 3 sectional staff here, here is a nice 3 sectional staff form to share. I met him about 35 years ago in Dallas Karate tournament (the year that Bruce Lee died). I like his form very much. This guy could fight too. He had a nice side kick, side kick, turn around back kick combo. I don't know where he lives now. Do anybody know him?

http://johnswang.com/3_section_staff.wmv
    Hmmmm... hard to tell. Eric Lee? Maybe Alex Kwok?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

And Bawang, Bruce Lee would've kicked your azz without even trying. In fact, he probably would've done it by accident...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Hmmmm... hard to tell. Eric Lee? Maybe Alex Kwok?
    Now I remember. Alex Kwok is the name.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCrusader View Post
    I appreciate the humor, although some of it is alittle.....weird....

And thanks to the people that actually took my question seriously. This is the problem with asking any question regarding Bruce Lee or JKD. It brings out the crazies
    yeah, usually it's a crazy who asks about him as if he had full relevancy to the world of martial arts anymore.

then, you'll get a mix of crazies who worship him and cynics who think he was ok, but certainly not much more than a guy who desperately wanted fame and stardom moreso than a kung fu guy.

There are people who actually believe Bruce was some kind of wicked fighter. He wasn't and there is zip zero nada to indicate he was anything more than an action movies star.

As far as the philosophical stuff goes? He was a blatant plagiarist. period. lol suck it up because that's the truth.

Not all bad, but in the end how did it work out. You have thousands of people who ardently believe jkd is a style. and they will argue til they are blue in the face about it even though Lee makes it very clear that it is a concept, not a style and that it applies to any style.

anyway, it's like being continually caught in a time warp with this guy.

Bruce Lee just ain't relevant. For me personally in context to Kung Fu inspiration and practice, he had nothing to do with anything. I guess that's probably why I am curious about why people worship the dude.

he did some demos and slapped out a teenager on the set of ETD. other than that he never fought with any intention except maybe a high school scrap or two. But is that what we hold up?

No wonder mma junkies think we're fools. ha!
    Kung Fu is good for you.