Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

Hybrid View

Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

Conveniently shows nothing!? What is with the censored part?
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Conveniently shows nothing!? What is with the censored part?
    from what someone on another thread posted, Master Yang getting smacked around;

why was it not shown though?

I dont know why they didnt show all the fight. The guy with the shirt throw a fury of direct attack. Yang hai tried to block, but was enable to, and turned his back. Its seem by the comments on other forum that the other guy doing wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by justadude103 View Post
    I dont know why they didnt show all the fight. The guy with the shirt throw a fury of direct attack. Yang hai tried to block, but was enable to, and turned his back. Its seem by the comments on other forum that the other guy doing wing chun
    btw, for a guy who just coincidently happened to be there "visiting" the school, you seem to have been conveniently timely in your resurrecting the Montreal thread and posting the video...

@taai gihk yahn

Yes!
    When you google.ca : master yang hai kung fu montreal, this thread is the first link on the list

This is a copy of the same post on Montreal People thread:

1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately! Changing out of his "tight pants" is not acceptable.

2- If homie was coming to fight, what is the purpose of a worthless document? ***** move.

3 - Why is the video edited?

4- I would not call what I saw on the video "bloody." Yang had a bruise and I could not see the other cat. Proves nothing.

5 - WTF is the point of any of it???? Let alone your posting video of it??

6 - WTF is your payout in this all? Sounds to me like you were sent by homie to be planted in the class for some reason.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately!
    Agree with you 100% there. IMO, if someone challenges you, you should jump in, beat him up, and then ask, "Are you ready?"

To be kind to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-24-2010 at 03:40 PM.

This is a copy of the same post on Montreal People thread:

1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately! Changing out of his "tight pants" is not acceptable.

2- If homie was coming to fight, what is the purpose of a worthless document? ***** move.

3 - Why is the video edited?

4- I would not call what I saw on the video "bloody." Yang had a bruise and I could not see the other cat. Proves nothing.

5 - WTF is the point of any of it???? Let alone your posting video of it??

6 - WTF is your payout in this all? Sounds to me like you were sent by homie to be planted in the class for some reason.
    well said; thread over;

Well..

I have a few thoughts and a few questions:

1.) I understand where this young man is coming from. After all..he is certainly entitled to take this teacher up on his challenge. And this sifu DID challenge the school where this young man studies.

2.) This master comes across as unprofessional(and mentally unstable). Why openly challenge ANY school? So unecessary! Do what you do..and let others do what they do. And let it go..

3.) There wasn't a need to edit the actual "fight"

My questions:

1.) This guy claims to be a "great-great-great-great-great grandmaster"??? Lay off the acid/crack/meth dude!! Clearly this is a grandiose statement!!!

2.) Why would a grandmaster x 5(!!!) challenge a school of any style of kung fu?

3.) What school did he challenge and what style?

4.) Why did he challenge the school?

5.) Why did the student of the sifu/master/grandmaster of the school which was challenged go to accept the challenge? Wasn't it more common for the SIFU himself/herself of the school to accept the challenge?

This master Hai Yang(spelling? It's late and I am tired) is a mentally unstable, vollatile and poor representative for ethical conduct in the martial arts. It's sad that he's making these self aggrandizing statements and even sadder that he seems suprised when someone takes him up on his unecessary challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Well..

I have a few thoughts and a few questions:

1.) I understand where this young man is coming from. After all..he is certainly entitled to take this teacher up on his challenge. And this sifu DID challenge the school where this young man studies.
    true, but be honest - the fact that he walked in their asking for a "technical exchange" means that he is just as caught up in the Kung-Fu fantasy BS as anyone - you could tel he was all primed up for some sort of romantic fantasy experience of going in a challenging a rival school, etc., etc.; also, he was clearly going in expecting a "gentleman's" match, not realizing that if you do walk into someone's school it's not always going to be well received, and that one should be prepared to defend oneself the moment one makes one's intentions known; heck, I know at least two or three "old skool" dojos where, if someone did that, they'd get punched /kicked immediately before another word came out after "I want to fight"!

2.) This master comes across as unprofessional(and mentally unstable). Why openly challenge ANY school? So unecessary! Do what you do..and let others do what they do. And let it go..
    agreed; but people have their issues, and many of them use MA more as a cheap psychotherapy initiative than anything else, and so they act out in context of this; usually the community has enough buffers to prevent actual confrontation, but in this case, the cultural circuit-breakers didn't work!

3.) There wasn't a need to edit the actual "fight"
    agreed; moreover, doing so suggests some attempt at deception on the part of the video producer (e.g. - that Master Yang didn't get quite as "beaten down" as the video producer and his KFMF stooge "justadude" would have everyone believe)

My questions:

1.) This guy claims to be a "great-great-great-great-great grandmaster"??? Lay off the acid/crack/meth dude!! Clearly this is a grandiose statement!!!
    you can say that; OTOH, if his students weren't so gullible, he wouldn't be able to get away with it! they might actually do some research and realize the contrivance; so clearly he's playing to the crowd here...

2.) Why would a grandmaster x 5(!!!) challenge a school of any style of kung fu?
    don't know, don't care

rinse, repeat

see above

5.) Why did the student of the sifu/master/grandmaster of the school which was challenged go to accept the challenge? Wasn't it more common for the SIFU himself/herself of the school to accept the challenge?
    ibid

This master Hai Yang(spelling? It's late and I am tired) is a mentally unstable, vollatile and poor representative for ethical conduct in the martial arts. It's sad that he's making these self aggrandizing statements and even sadder that he seems suprised when someone takes him up on his unecessary challenge.
    TCMA is full of nutters; anyway, all I want is to see the actual exchange between him and Seth Green's doppelgänger; until that happens, their claims of dominance are highly suspect;

I'm not seeing how this could have been a sucker punch. These guys asked for a friendly sparring match. It was the so-called master who was saying he wanted to fight right now and appeared to me to me, to be the aggressor at first.

A couple of points that have really been bugging me in this little media war. The Wing Chun Nammies are a semi-religious cult who set out on a smear campaing against master Yang and it's bugs the heck out of me that nobody is bothering with the back story and just taking these little Wing Chun weenies word on what happened. To whit:

My questions:

1. Got it backwards. It was the Wing Chun idiots making up grandiose titles. This whole thing started when Mr. Yang wrote an article on etiquette and in particular, on silly titles that people give them selves in the west. He related a story of how he called a kung fu school on the phone once (unnamed in the article) and was not allowed to speak to the instructor because the instructor was a "grand master" and he had made the mistake of calling him "Mr. so and so". Furthermore, Mr. Yang apparently did not have a high enough rank to speak directly with a true "grandmaster". So Mr. Yang calls up again but this time introducing himself as "Master Yang" and when the secretary asks what rank he is Mr Yang quipped "Whatever his ranks it, mine is that 'plus three'" This time they put him through.

The gist of his original article was that, in China, nobody refers to themself as "master so and so" or even "Shifu so and so". Mr. Yang wrote an article about how silly it is to give yourselve grandiose titles and THAT is what upset the Wing Chun school.

ironic h?

2. See above. Mr. Yang challenged nobody and even refused to get involved online. He relayed a message through his student that if they had a beef they should come to the school in person but that he had no desire to get involved with internet wars.

ironic again.

3. See number 2. The school that threw the hissy fit was the Nam something or other "orthodox" Wing Chun school in Montreal.

4. Once again, (third time now) he didn't. He only criticized the use of grandiose titles and did not even mention their school by name.

5. Yet again, Mr. Yang did not challenge their school. He wrote and article about manners which they complained about. He then tried to call them on the phone to clear things up and they said that he, a lowly instructor with no "grand master" title was not worthy of direct conversation with their Sifu. He then wrote an article about that, without naming names of course, and they stormed his school.
    This Master Hai Yang(spelling? It's late and I am tired) is a mentally unstable, vollatile and poor representative for ethical conduct in the martial arts. It's sad that he's making these self aggrandizing statements and even sadder that he seems suprised when someone takes him up on his unecessary challenge
    Absolutely not.

Throughout this all, Master Yang has been a perfect gentleman and this other school has been slandering his good name. The entire backstory posted on this thread, on youtube and elsewhere is completley made up BS which tells a story 180 degrees opposite of what happened.

No wonder they had to edit the video. They are embarrassing little spineless maggots.

nice post Omar;

apparently, the challenger's m.o. is to come on the forum acting as "objective" third parties trying to support what was seen on the video; which is fine, good luck w/that, clearly everyone is on to them already;

personally, i don't know the back story, I don't really care at all, but I do object to newbs coming on and blowing smoke up the forum's butt...

oh wait... so was this challenge yang supposedly made a direct challenge to that school? or was it an open challenge to any school???