Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

Blog Entries
    In the old time, All TCMA teachers would teach their students a set of special skill called "black hands". It's only used to deal with unfriendly challengers. Those moves may look exactly the same as normal application but the ending result will be different.

the entire motivation of the producer of the video, as well as the poster "just a dude" is made HIGHLY suspect by the missing part (not to mention "just a dude's" conspicuously timely showing up on the forum acting as an amazed visitor who just HAPPENS to have been there for the "event" );

Yang obviously got smacked; truthfully, the other guy didn't look worse for wear; but the fact is that the video was edited for the most important part - so the producers thereof appear to have something to hide, and are thus awarded an "epic fail" for their efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Yang Hai has some bruises on the side of his face but seems otherwise fine (his glasses are even still on and not broken or even askew)
    ummmm, you may want to re-watch the video: his glasses are nowhere to be seen immediately after the exchange; they only are back on his face for the final still shot at the end...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Yang obviously got smacked;
    Anybody can get some lucky shots. It doesn't mean anything. The fight doesn't end there. In movie, all good guys get punched in the beginning. But at the end the bad guys will always end on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Anybody can get some lucky shots. It doesn't mean anything. The fight doesn't end there. In movie, all good guys get punched in the beginning. But at the end the bad guys will always end on the ground.
    I agree it doesn't mean anything, at least not in the overall context - and THAT is why the entire video needs to be seen; as it exists currently, it's just a load of BS

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    ummmm, you may want to re-watch the video: his glasses are nowhere to be seen immediately after the exchange; they only are back on his face for the final still shot at the end...
    Right you are. I stand corrected on that point.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Definitely seems inconclusive; especially at the end, there seems to be fight left in both of them. Master Yang advances once again towards the challenger, who warns him off. Then Master Yang calls for the police, and advances again. The challenger pushes him back contemptuously.

The editing is incredibly suspicious.
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 08-24-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Edit: corrected Order of Events in Post
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

This is a copy of the same post on Montreal People thread:

1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately! Changing out of his "tight pants" is not acceptable.

2- If homie was coming to fight, what is the purpose of a worthless document? ***** move.

3 - Why is the video edited?

4- I would not call what I saw on the video "bloody." Yang had a bruise and I could not see the other cat. Proves nothing.

5 - WTF is the point of any of it???? Let alone your posting video of it??

6 - WTF is your payout in this all? Sounds to me like you were sent by homie to be planted in the class for some reason.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately!
    Agree with you 100% there. IMO, if someone challenges you, you should jump in, beat him up, and then ask, "Are you ready?"

To be kind to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-24-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Thumbs down

Some goofball went in for a challenge match.
    Then presented a liability waver.
    Then asked the target to stay back, before launching a surprise attack, which landed but didn't do any serious damage.
    Then quickly called an end to the match, so as to declare themselves the winner, based on points.

But wait, here comes the worst part...

Then they posted on YouTube to brag about it, without actually showing the 10-second "fight".

As if we didn't know that a challenge match is about who lands the last blow, not the first one.

from their smirk and skinny bodies they look like wing chun guys
    amirite

this is boring nothing happened lol

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Many years ago, a young guy walked toward a 8 steps Mantis master Wei Shao-Tan. Wei was in his 70th and sat on a chair. The young guy:

- bowed to the Mantis master.
    - moved toward the master.
    - touched his finger tips at the Mantis master's chest.
    - stepped back.
    - bowed and left.

Next day that young guy made a public statement that he had defeated one of the most famous Mantis master in Taiwan. People in Taiwan called that young guy, "famous over night".

IMO, if you want to be famous, you should go to fight your own tournaments and not taking "short cut" like this.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-24-2010 at 04:57 PM.

i think this video was clearly a hate crime comitted against asians

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    This is a copy of the same post on Montreal People thread:

1- If homie is coming to fight, he should be prepared to fight immediately! Changing out of his "tight pants" is not acceptable.

2- If homie was coming to fight, what is the purpose of a worthless document? ***** move.

3 - Why is the video edited?

4- I would not call what I saw on the video "bloody." Yang had a bruise and I could not see the other cat. Proves nothing.

5 - WTF is the point of any of it???? Let alone your posting video of it??

6 - WTF is your payout in this all? Sounds to me like you were sent by homie to be planted in the class for some reason.
    well said; thread over;

Well..

I have a few thoughts and a few questions:

1.) I understand where this young man is coming from. After all..he is certainly entitled to take this teacher up on his challenge. And this sifu DID challenge the school where this young man studies.

2.) This master comes across as unprofessional(and mentally unstable). Why openly challenge ANY school? So unecessary! Do what you do..and let others do what they do. And let it go..

3.) There wasn't a need to edit the actual "fight"

My questions:

1.) This guy claims to be a "great-great-great-great-great grandmaster"??? Lay off the acid/crack/meth dude!! Clearly this is a grandiose statement!!!

2.) Why would a grandmaster x 5(!!!) challenge a school of any style of kung fu?

3.) What school did he challenge and what style?

4.) Why did he challenge the school?

5.) Why did the student of the sifu/master/grandmaster of the school which was challenged go to accept the challenge? Wasn't it more common for the SIFU himself/herself of the school to accept the challenge?

This master Hai Yang(spelling? It's late and I am tired) is a mentally unstable, vollatile and poor representative for ethical conduct in the martial arts. It's sad that he's making these self aggrandizing statements and even sadder that he seems suprised when someone takes him up on his unecessary challenge.