Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

Put up the whole video or it didn't happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    the proper way to issue a school challenge is to deliver a declaration of intent in writing and offer to set a time and date... its the polite thing to do... not just show up and be like "lets do it then"...
    Time: a year later.
    Place: an island.
    Weapon: free of choice.
    Rules: fight to death.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_ONE View Post
    Why is that, because I don't have the same point of view as you? Sorry, but to me it didn't look like the master could handle himself. His own student had to pull the guy off him. Looked to me like he was lighting him up with punches. That's only my opinion.
    lol, what, exactly, is my "point of view"? in case you hadn't read the thread, the only perspective I have is that it seems somewhat suspect that the video challengers edited out the ENTIRE EXCHANGE and then draw conclusions based on the part that wasn't shown; otherwise I have had nothing to say about who could handle who one way or the other; as far as "lighting him up w/punches", what part of the vid was that? oh yeah, it wasn't shown, so it must have been in the EDITED OUT part; hmmm, how would one know the content thereof unless one had seen the unedited version...

and the fact that your knee-jerk response was to assume that I was taking Yang's side when I clearly am not, is another strong suggestion that you are firmly in the "challengers" camp prior to posting here;
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 08-25-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Why is that, because I don't have the same point of view as you? Sorry, but to me it didn't look like the master could handle himself. His own student had to pull the guy off him. Looked to me like he was lighting him up with punches. That's only my opinion.
    Trollish troll sounds like troll...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Time: a year later.
    Place: an island.
    Weapon: free of choice.
    Rules: fight to death.
    lol... what about time outs incase somebody gets a bloody nose??? a school challenge, to me, should be handled in the same way as a declaration of war...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    lol, what, exactly, is my "point of view"? in case you hadn't read the thread, the only perspective I have is that it seems somewhat suspect that the video challengers edited out the ENTIRE EXCHANGE and then draw conclusions based on the part that wasn't shown; otherwise I have had nothing to say about who could handle who one way or the other; as far as "lighting him up w/punches", what part of the vid was that? oh yeah, it wasn't shown, so it must have been in the EDITED OUT part; hmmm, how would one know the content thereof unless one had seen the unedited version...

and the fact that your knee-jerk response was to assume that I was taking Yang's side when I clearly am not, is another strong suggestion that you are firmly in the "challengers" camp prior to posting here;
    All I did was give my opinion and you accuse me of being in someone's camp. Talk about a knee jerk response. I do agree the whole video should be shown, but based on what I saw, it's still my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Trollish troll sounds like troll...
    I think that JB_One, justadude and kido are all in the challengers camp, given their timely appearance as new posters specifically on these threads, and not having the typical tenor of most newbs (hi, new here, etc, etc); and their language seems not disimilar (e.g. - echoing the video in tone);

I think that they are supporters of the challenger (which is fine), but are trying to appear independent (which is not)

All I did was give my opinion and you accuse me of being in someone's camp. Talk about a knee jerk response. I do agree the whole video should be shown, but based on what I saw, it's still my opinion.
    great, so then, what SPECIFICALLY did you see that indicated Master Yang got "lit up" by punches? I'm not saying he didn't, but the video doesn't show that at all

and why don't you think the first blow wasn't, as you call it, a sucker punch? the video doesn't show the first punch - how would you know that?

and why do you characterize the interraction as the challenger showing up for a friendly match as being ok, and that yang's response was aggressive? I mean, objectively speaking if you show up at someone's school to fight, not giving any warning that you are coming by, interrupting their class, that's not an overture to a "friendy match" - it means you are there to fight, plain and simple; if it was a "friendly match", then it would have been arranged before hand and no contract would be necessary; clearly for some reason the guy showed up to try to hand yang his head or make him look bad (whatever, don't really care about the specifics of this)

and the fact that you refer to yang as a "so-called master", which is one of the points of contention of the challengers, that he is innappropriately building himself up as a master when he is not (in their estimation), you could have just as easiy given your opinion about yang's performance without alluding to his title, but you didn't; so you clearly have an agenda about which you are not being forthright

here's another question for ya JB - where do you live? Montreal by any chance?

gimmie a break; go troll elsewhere
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 08-25-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    great, so then, what SPECIFICALLY did you see that indicated Master Yang got "lit up" by punches? I'm not saying he didn't, but the video doesn't show that at all

and why don't you think the first blow wasn't, as you call it, a sucker punch? the video doesn't show the first punch - how would you know that?

and why do you characterize the interraction as the challenger showing up for a friendly match as being ok, and that yang's response was aggressive? I mean, objectively speaking if you show up at someone's school to fight, not giving any warning that you are coming by, interrupting their class, that's not an overture to a "friendy match" - it means you are there to fight, plain and simple; if it was a "friendly match", then it would have been arranged before hand and no contract would be necessary; clearly for some reason the guy showed up to try to hand yang his head or make him look bad (whatever, don't really care about the specifics of this)

and the fact that you refer to yang as a "so-called master", which is one of the points of contention of the challengers, that he is innappropriately building himself up as a master when he is you could have just as easiy given your opinion about yang's performance without alluding to his title, but you didn't; so you clearly have an agenda about which you are not being forthright

here's another question for ya JB - where do you live? Montreal by any chance?

gimmie a break; go troll elsewhere
    I'd prefer if you ask me the questions before going around accusing me like. You sound like an internet bully.

I'd prefer if you ask me the questions before going around accusing me like.
    great, so now that they have been asked, why don't you answer them?

You sound like an internet bully.
    yeah, that would be me...

A couple of points that have really been bugging me in this little media war. The Wing Chun Nammies are a semi-religious cult who set out on a smear campaing against master Yang and it's bugs the heck out of me that nobody is bothering with the back story and just taking these little Wing Chun weenies word on what happened. To whit:

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post

My questions:

1.) This guy claims to be a "great-great-great-great-great grandmaster"??? Lay off the acid/crack/meth dude!! Clearly this is a grandiose statement!!!

2.) Why would a grandmaster x 5(!!!) challenge a school of any style of kung fu?

3.) What school did he challenge and what style?

4.) Why did he challenge the school?

5.) Why did the student of the sifu/master/grandmaster of the school which was challenged go to accept the challenge? Wasn't it more common for the SIFU himself/herself of the school to accept the challenge?
    1. Got it backwards. It was the Wing Chun idiots making up grandiose titles. This whole thing started when Mr. Yang wrote an article on etiquette and in particular, on silly titles that people give them selves in the west. He related a story of how he called a kung fu school on the phone once (unnamed in the article) and was not allowed to speak to the instructor because the instructor was a "grand master" and he had made the mistake of calling him "Mr. so and so". Furthermore, Mr. Yang apparently did not have a high enough rank to speak directly with a true "grandmaster". So Mr. Yang calls up again but this time introducing himself as "Master Yang" and when the secretary asks what rank he is Mr Yang quipped "Whatever his ranks it, mine is that 'plus three'" This time they put him through.

The gist of his original article was that, in China, nobody refers to themself as "master so and so" or even "Shifu so and so". Mr. Yang wrote an article about how silly it is to give yourselve grandiose titles and THAT is what upset the Wing Chun school.

ironic h?

2. See above. Mr. Yang challenged nobody and even refused to get involved online. He relayed a message through his student that if they had a beef they should come to the school in person but that he had no desire to get involved with internet wars.

ironic again.

3. See number 2. The school that threw the hissy fit was the Nam something or other "orthodox" Wing Chun school in Montreal.

4. Once again, (third time now) he didn't. He only criticized the use of grandiose titles and did not even mention their school by name.

5. Yet again, Mr. Yang did not challenge their school. He wrote and article about manners which they complained about. He then tried to call them on the phone to clear things up and they said that he, a lowly instructor with no "grand master" title was not worthy of direct conversation with their Sifu. He then wrote an article about that, without naming names of course, and they stormed his school.
    This Master Hai Yang(spelling? It's late and I am tired) is a mentally unstable, vollatile and poor representative for ethical conduct in the martial arts. It's sad that he's making these self aggrandizing statements and even sadder that he seems suprised when someone takes him up on his unecessary challenge
    Absolutely not.

Throughout this all, Master Yang has been a perfect gentleman and this other school has been slandering his good name. The entire backstory posted on this thread, on youtube and elsewhere is completley made up BS which tells a story 180 degrees opposite of what happened.

No wonder they had to edit the video. They are embarrassing little spineless maggots.

I'm warnin' ya Taai Gihk Yan, "Stay back! Stay back!"

*lights go out. sounds of scuffling and hitting*

*lights come back on. JB_One is against the wall still repeating "Stay back! Stay back!"*

JB_One: It's my opinion that I kicked his azz! *sniffle, cry*
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

nice post Omar;

apparently, the challenger's m.o. is to come on the forum acting as "objective" third parties trying to support what was seen on the video; which is fine, good luck w/that, clearly everyone is on to them already;

personally, i don't know the back story, I don't really care at all, but I do object to newbs coming on and blowing smoke up the forum's butt...

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    I'm warnin' ya Taai Gihk Yan, "Stay back! Stay back!"

*lights go out. sounds of scuffling and hitting*

*lights come back on. JB_One is against the wall still repeating "Stay back! Stay back!"*

JB_One: It's my opinion that I kicked his azz! *sniffle, cry*
    hey, I'm just trying to help him hone his trolling skillz for the next forum they try to media blitz...

Omarthefish has challenged and b1tchslapped the correct into unconsciousness. He wins the Internetz!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust