Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

[QUOTE=taai gihk yahn;1034670]
    great, so then, what SPECIFICALLY did you see that indicated Master Yang got "lit up" by punches? I'm not saying he didn't, but the video doesn't show that at all
    I saw the guy getting punched right at the end. I don't know what you saw

and why don't you think the first blow wasn't, as you call it, a sucker punch? the video doesn't show the first punch - how would you know that?
    because he was in the guy's face

a
    nd why do you characterize the interraction as the challenger showing up for a friendly match as being ok, and that yang's response was aggressive? I mean, objectively speaking if you show up at someone's school to fight, not giving any warning that you are coming by, interrupting their class, that's not an overture to a "friendy match" - it means you are there to fight, plain and simple; if it was a "friendly match", then it would have been arranged before hand and no contract would be necessary; clearly for some reason the guy showed up to try to hand yang his head or make him look bad (whatever, don't really care about the specifics of this)
    I don't blame Yang for getting aggressive in a situation like that.

and the fact that you refer to yang as a "so-called master", which is one of the points of contention of the challengers, that he is innappropriately building himself up as a master when he is not (in their estimation), you could have just as easiy given your opinion about yang's performance without alluding to his title, but you didn't; so you clearly have an agenda about which you are not being forthright
    Didn't look like he handled the challenger to me. That's all.

here's another question for ya JB - where do you live? Montreal by any chance?
    I've never even been to Canada

gimmie a break; go troll elsewhere

Oh, and it's the Nam Anh Vietnamese "Orthodox" Shaolin Wing Chun school that Omar is referring to.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

And here is the article that offended the Nam Anh guys:

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9824

The relevant part, the part where Mr. Yang allegedly calls himself a "grand grand master" is here:

YH (Myself, a short form of Yang Hai, which is my Chinese name): Hello, Wudang Internal.
    N (symbol of the caller, or N means “name it by yourself”): Who am I talking with?

YH: My name is Hai Yang, you are talking with me.
    N: I got your message, whom do you want to talk with in our association?

YH: Oh, good to know you got my message and thank you for calling back. I just want to talk with Mr.xxxx, in order to have a friendly communication for private issue.
    N: There is no xxxx here! No!

YH: Really? Did I call a wrong number? Are you the xxxx school?
    N: Yes, We have Grand Master xxxx, not Mr.xxxx. If you want to talk with him, you have to call him Grand Master!

YH: What?... Do I have to call him Grand Master? I just call him name with the title of Mr., is it not enough?
    N: No Sir, not enough! you have to call him Grand Master!

YH: I am just using his real name, when he goes to see his doctor, he will just use his real name as xxxx, when he shows his passport to custom, his name is just xxxx. There is no such official title as Grand Master...
    N: But you are in martial art community, you have to call him Grand Master! Otherwise...

YH: Wait, if I do not call him Grand Master, then what will happen?
    N: You will not be able to talk with him! Are you a Grand Master?

YH: I do not think I will use this title by myself, and I do not think anyone should force others to call him with this title. Some people call me Grand Master in China, but I do NOT ask people call me that, nor force them.
    N: No Sir, you have to call him Grand Master!
    What is your level? You Ranking? How many stripes are on your belt?

YH: What are you talking about? Level? Ranking? Stripes? What is that? Do I have to have that?
    N: You are a total beginner! You don’t even understand these terms!

YH: I understand these terms but I do not think I have anyone of them, and it is the first time people ask me about this when I just want to talk with someone.
    N: You are just a beginner, because you have no rank, level and stripes! I can not help you much.

YH: But I just want to talk with xxxx for friendly communication in order to prevent unpleasant things to happen again...
    N: No Sir, you have to call him Grand Master first, then, I will talk about other things with you.

YH: (speechless.... and politely hang up the phone after saying thank you and good bye).

After 10 minutes of self-calming and creative problem-solving brainstorm, I dialled their number.

YH: Hello, My name is Hai Yang, I am a Grand Grand Grand Grand Grand master in Kung Fu, I am in “Plus 3” level of martial art.
    N: (another person from the same school): OK, I can help you now.

YH: Please write my name down and put the 5 Grands in front of the word Master, do not miss any of them. There are 5 Grands!
    N: Yes, and what does “Plus 3” mean?

H:Oh, it means that any people in front of me, no matter which level or ranking he/she has, you should add 3 based on their current level. For example, if xxxx level is 9, mine will be 12. Very simple. You do not need a calculator for this simple math.
    N: Yes, I got it, I have written it down...do not worry...

Then, I repeated the same request and the person at that line said that she will give this note to xxxx and the chief instructor may contact me in the future.
    The Nam school was not named but they obviously recognized that it was referring to them which I guess kind of proves it's a true story now doesn't it.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 08-25-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Thumbs down

To be honest I’m not impressed at all with all these young guys challenging older guys no matter the rank the old man has. I mean it’s just a cheap way to gain recognition. It wouldn’t be any different than any one of us going to Muhammad ali home and issuing a challenge and sucker punching him before he could get his guard up. Then we could go around and say we just whipped the greatest. ( yes that’s a sick thought so his picking fights with the elderly no matter what they may say or not say. Goes back to that saying sticks and stones may break my bones but name calling doesn’t hurt).

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    To be honest I’m not impressed at all with all these young guys challenging older guys no matter the rank the old man has. I mean it’s just a cheap way to gain recognition. It wouldn’t be any different than any one of us going to Muhammad ali home and issuing a challenge and sucker punching him before he could get his guard up. Then we could go around and say we just whipped the greatest. ( yes that’s a sick thought so his picking fights with the elderly no matter what they may say or not say. Goes back to that saying sticks and stones may break my bones but name calling doesn’t hurt).
    Agree with you 100% there. If you want to challenge someone, you should ask the other person (not you) to set up time and place in order to be proper. Anybody can get old or get sick someday. If we allow this kind of behavior to continue, it won't be good for our CMA community.

On the other hand, this may be the best reason for us to continue our CMA training in our old age. We just can't let a 20 years old one day knocks on our door and beat us up when we are 80 years old.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-25-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Fair enough Omarthefish..

and yeah..I agree. But keep in mind, someone sent me the link(obviously the edited version and hence..the edited sequence of what really went down). It's analagous to (and lo and behold..what style gets the black eye because of this? Ding..Ding.Ding..Wing Chun/Wing Tsun) the video circulated years ago where Emin Bozetepe "defeats" William Cheung. Supposedly there was a whole bunch of other stuff that you see in the complete version leading up to where Emin sucker punches Cheung and before it turned out to be a watered down MMA match.

So..for the Chunners..shame on you!

"also its pretty sad when u can tell they do wing chun just by looking at them "

Now this is truly unique. You mean I can see a guy who studies Hung Ga or Bak Mei or Ba Gua just by looking at them?(without them doing a form or wearing a shirt that identifies their school/style?).

Whatever mystical Dit Da formula you are on..please share it with me!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    A couple of points that have really been bugging me in this little media war. The Wing Chun Nammies are a semi-religious cult who set out on a smear campaing against master Yang and it's bugs the heck out of me that nobody is bothering with the back story and just taking these little Wing Chun weenies word on what happened. To whit:.....
    Touche'!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    personally, i don't know the back story, I don't really care at all, but I do object to newbs coming on and blowing smoke up the forum's butt...
    Yeah!! Blowing things up people's butts is bawang's job here!!

Wait in line dude and watch the master at work!

I don't know how anyone can infer defeat upon Yang's part when the challengers are begging him to stay away at the end of the video! Like I said before, if you had just trounced someone you wouldn't be begging someone to stay away, you would be threatening them with more of the same!

The lamest part is coming to take part in a challenge, avoiding calling it that, calling it "a technical exchange" when you clearly wanted a challenge, and then complaining when the other guy gets in your grill.

Never mind bringing a guy with paperwork.

Never mind pretending to happen to be a new student at the school that just happened to be there on the exact same day, knew where to find an old thread about the guy, knew where to find the video, et al. Every one, a total coward move.

I'm a grand grand grand master, I've got so many stripes on my clothes, they call my taiji "penitentiary style taiji". I've got stripes in between the stripes, I've got stripes across stripes, my uniform has so many stripes, I just went with plaid, and patches, too; if you came across me, you'd think I was a Nascar driver from Scotland, what with all the patches and plaid. If I call your teacher, he has to call me "My Lord" or I will give him the Confucian whatfor so hard, he'll feel it in his @ssknuckle every time he scoots his feet out to do his Wing Chun forms.

I look forward to appearing in your next film, editted for internet, of course.

Additionally, I'd like to encourage the other grand grand masters, the grand grand grand grand masters, those with stripes(horizontal/vertical, or diagonal), patches, those with malformed hands, feet, or privates from insane iron body methods, you know, everyone who's legit, to PM these guys to get in contact with their teacher in order to set up an internaational exchange of paper work and "please back aways"(this is kinda like a holla). They can visit a school a week, and inform us all through heavily edited videos. I'm sure they would be willing to learn how to say "please back away" in other languages, so, if you have a website, a schoolfront, a warehouse, or just meet with bikers in a local park, please, please contact them, and let them know that you'd like to speak to their master, or grand master, I believe they follow the golden graham master or some such thing(whereas real men prefer to street savvy of Master Sugar Bear, or the gum tearing power of Captain Crunch Punch), regardless, PM these new members, and I'm sure they will be happy to visit with paperwork and requests for backing away during your class time.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 08-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.

I was there!!! as a visitor that day!

I told before that Master Yang has taken a serious beating.

How can some people still beleive he won? Maybe some admirator of yang hai who beleive in his invincible chi power.

Son, if you think that is a "serious beating" you have no ****ing clue what is really entailed in a "serious beating."

And quit being a douche... it is obvious you have some sort of agenda here, otherwise what is the point of you all of the sudden posting the vid!?

In the end you would be respected a bit more if you were just honest and forthright.

Wing Chunners.... douche waffles of the universe!

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by justadude103 View Post

I told before that Master Yang has taken a serious beating.

How can some people still beleive he won? Maybe some admirator of yang hai who beleive in his invincible chi power.
    "Serious beating"? He was standing there at the end.

Admiration? I don't even know the guy, but when you edit the video and nothing can be seen, why should we trust you?

That someone comes for a challenge, doesn't admit it's a challenge, gets in one scuffle and, after maybe one hit is exchanged and everyone is CLEARLY still able to fight, gets out of dodge, like the guy in the video did, it doesn't suggest much of a fight occured at all, and it suggested the three coming into the school had no clear idea what they were planning on doing. It's called a scuffle, not a fight, and you're called a troll.

Maybe this passes for evidence of your school's superiority in your school, but here, it makes you look silly.

In all fairness, a serious beating in WC circles is a slap fight between 98lbs girls.
    The fact that someone's hair was a bit messed up = a serious beating in WC.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

....serious beating....i didnt see anyone coughing up blood or puking up swallowed broken teeth...no broken bones, no swelling of the face to mimic the look of our favorite buddy corky....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You were there?!?!?!? as a visitor that day?!?!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

although, it may well be that you were there - that's not hard to believe, since you could easily have posed as a "prospective student"; and then you came onto this and other forums (hi there, "montrealtaijidude" from RSF forum, lol) as a so-called objective 3rd party to report on Yang getting "beaten";

lol...troll...

I told before that Master Yang has taken a serious beating
    lol, dude, some scratches on the face is not a serious beating;

How can some people still beleive he won?
    who said anything about him winning? it doesn't look like anything conclusive occurred as a result; especially as the video is EDITED, you putz

Maybe some admirator of yang hai who beleive in his invincible chi power.
    FYI, only I have the Invincible Chi Power™ (see? I even trademarked it, which, around here, denotes some serious gravitas and large scrotal mass); if you don't believe, stick your finger in ur butt; now, lick it; it's warm, right? see, my chi projection warmed ur asz from 1,000's of miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Maybe this passes for evidence of your school's superiority in your school, but here, it makes you look silly.
    like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    douche waffles
    lol, he said "douche waffles"
    (are those served before or after the b1tch cakes?)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In all fairness, a serious beating in WC circles is a slap fight between 98lbs girls.
    The fact that someone's hair was a bit messed up = a serious beating in WC.
    LOL!

I've come to the conclusion that having so many spellings for their system has created a language distinct to wing chun, where everyone is known by their initials and brushing one's teeth will eventually be blown into a legend, with constant cries of, "What would our drug using, hard liquor imbibing, prostitute engaging gangster teachers think of this mess?"