Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Video: Master Yang Hai challenge

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I believe the term is: "nothing to see here"

I think it was rude and stupid of the twits to walk in and demand a contract signing.

I think it was a demonstration of a lack of skill on Yang Hai's part to become emotional as he did.

Nobody won and they all winded up looking silly.

that's my observation.

for Yang Hai, you need to work on regulating your emotions and to not be upset by challenge punks. Next time, rip up the contract and tell them to get out of your school.

for the challenge punks, one day you will get shot in the face for doing what you are doing, you do not take life seriously and you have a very naive view of the world.

recognize.

Really, anyone who is engaging in illegal fights is well out of time and place in this day and age - and that includes all the idiots who try to defend their bogus martial arts by threatening other people in to not daring to say they are bogus. And that includes Yang Hai, who has been vocal in the past, demanding that anyone who doesn't think he's the real deal turn up and have a fight with him. So - basically - you're right, people do reap what they sow - but that includes Yang Hai who got exactly what he literally asked for.

And the message here is that his martial art failed, in this instant, to help him win against this challenger - although, like Cerebrus, one can always pretend that the fact that he didn't get even more seripusly beaten indicates some kind of victory. Perosnally, I think it's probaly that the other guy wasn't so great either - and that's the only reason there wasn't a more serious outcome.

There again, I still say this kind of activity is moronic in a day and age where youcan just step on the mat and do someheavy contact sparring leagally - but, this kind of crap happens when you try to bully the world in to respecting you, instead of earning any respect that you, for what ever reason, desire.
    Last edited by Water-quan; 01-25-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    It may actually have been. That might be why the challengers felt it necessary to black out the whole fight...
    That's just invention. You're right to insist that we should be careful about judging this video until we've actually seen it - but at the time, even his own student Mixjourneyman was - effectively - tacitly acknowledging that he got slapped around, and was desperately trying to push the angle of 'the other guy is a bum for doing this' - which he is, as anyone is who attacks people - but that doesn't change the fact that up until your revisionist version of events, there appeared to be a fairly common consensus that Yang Hai came out of this pretty bad.

I would also question how this video was removed - as, there are lots of fights on youtube. My experience is that when the video goes missing, someone who was embarrassed complained and had it pulled. Of course, that might, equally, have been the other guy.
    Last edited by Water-quan; 01-25-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    It's not worth a penny!

Some moral soul searching might be in order here. Most people agree that illegal fighting is stupid - and actually unnecessary if all people want to do is show some full contact skills on the mat. And yet, somehow, you sometimes find the same people saying it's bad as, in other circumstances, encourage it.

All that seems to change is whatever personal fantasy we want to support. Be honest - some time, traditional guy gets beaten, and in our hearts we wanted him to win, so suddenly the facts get spun, people who state what actually happened get called trolls, and the challenger gets called a bum.

Another time, someone you feel is great gets called not great - so then you encourage the idea that there should be a fight 'if he dares' to prove who is great. If that's not you, then fair enough - but if it is - it's worth thinking about where you really stand on this. Personally, I think too many people who want to be respected as high level teachers, who could very easily prove their level by getting the gloves on and arranging their own sparring partners, go for years without ever getting the gloves on - instead simply threatening anyone who doesn't rate them with the 'turn up and I'll thrash you' (Like Yang Hai did, more than once) - an event so infinitesmially unlikely to occur due to its inherent douche-ness, which we all mostly acknowledge - that they can comfortably expect it never to happen. Personally, I think that's a kind of fraud - and whilst I don't condone calling the bluff, it's interesting when it does happen, to see that these people are often the same as everyone - shocked, bruised, turning their backs like any amatuer, and calling the police, or calling it off.

Answer - teachers should supply their own convincing sparring demos as a matter of course, surely.

And one more think which surely we must acknowledge now: if you make claims about yourself on the internet, about yourlevel and bad-assness, then you look pretty fake if, when asked for proof, you resort to 'I've got nothing to prove! Why should I demean myself by proving anything to ignorant people like you!' Well duh - surely anyone who makes any grand claims has got the onus on them to provide some proof. And if you want all the kudos, it's pretty fake-ass to deny that you actually need to do anything to prove the kudos you're demanding. And that is the issue - the difference between people who demand kudos, but prove nothing... and yet all the greats are people that jave earned kudos, but proving it all.

Time for a big watershed, maybe.
    Last edited by Water-quan; 01-25-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    It's not worth a penny!

i think what happened shows your normal problem in chiense marital arts of lack of sparring. big talk, slap fighting, having some soft sparring then suddenly attacking for real then thinking you "win".

the worst i hate is gossiping and intrigue. gossiping in my opinion is low, and in chinese marital arts tradition marks you as subhuman. think about this. i think the nam ah wing chun people dont know about chinese people and culture and should learn more about it. they also need to learn to become men instead of women.

i think yang shifu can also learn from his mistake of letting his guard down, letting his students kiss his ass and raise his ego. he teaches kung fu for a living, he has all the time in the world to improve himself, if he wants to.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-25-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    the worst i hate is gossiping and intrigue. gossiping in my opinion is low, and in chinese marital arts tradition marks you as subhuman. think about this.
    Agreed. But there again, any system based on respect necessarily involves a grape-vine.

Over all, there's a lesson for every teacher here - don't invite people round to have a fight with you. Someone might turn up, bum or not.
    It's not worth a penny!

i disagree waterquan. nothing wrong with invite someone, just make sure u can back it up.

chinese martial art respect has a grape vine and respect but thats based on the basic tenants of being a man with two hairy balls. gossiping is not manly.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i disagree waterquan. nothing wrong with invite someone, just make sure u can back it up.

chinese martial art respect has a grape vine and respect but thats based on the basic tenants of being a man with two hairy balls. gossiping is not manly.
    Well I agree - on the latter part.

On the former, it's about time we recognised 'inviting people round' as one of the biggest cons in martial arts. It excuses people from actually arranging their own realistic demos - they can just go on the internet, say they're the bee's knees, then threaten to beat up anyone who doubts it. I know a number of people on this forum alone who have used that tactic for years to avoid ever actually having to put gloves on and demonstrate any ability for real.

They just gamble that no one will ever turn up - and as we've now seen, even when people DO turn up, even when they're INVITED, what do the inviters do? 'Call police!' Then the person who turned up gets portrayed as a total douche. It's a total con performed by frauds and cowards who don't dare just show themselves sparring, but still want to make money and be worshipped.

So - you're right, of course, but you're talking about people who are up for it - I'm talking about the 99.99999% of people who are actually terrified when someone does turn up. They should learn the lesson.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by justadude103 View Post
    So how is Master Yang school now???
    I heard this Charlatan lose all his students, and only kept the retarded ones.
    pron subscription ran out? needed something else to whack off to? LOL, as pathetic as Yang may b, u r 1,000x worse;

"for Yang Hai, you need to work on regulating your emotions and to not be upset by challenge punks. Next time, rip up the contract and tell them to get out of your school.

for the challenge punks, one day you will get shot in the face for doing what you are doing, you do not take life seriously and you have a very naive view of the world."

What Yai Hang could have done..is do it the OLD SCHOOL way like was done in China years ago..and have Yang Hai say to the young upstarts "No..I won't fight you..but I'll fight your MASTER in front of both your students and mine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    What Yai Hang could have done..is do it the OLD SCHOOL way like was done in China years ago..and have Yang Hai say to the young upstarts "No..I won't fight you..but I'll fight your MASTER in front of both your students and mine"
    What Yai Hang could have done..is do it the OLD SCHOOL way like was done in China years ago..and have Yang Hai say to the young upstarts "You have to fight my students first before you can fight me. and I have 300 of them".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-26-2011 at 08:51 PM.

you're still here???

are we ever going to actually see the full unedited video? thats the worst of all of this... these people post up claiming victory and throw up a video that has all talk and "censored" fighting that you claim to have gotten the best of... retards!!! and i still think your belts are rediculous...

So, you guys think you haven't been humiliated enough in all the martial arts forums? Get a life fculan... I mean, justadudethatprentendsnottobeanammy...

You are very impolite
    I'm impolite? I'M impolite? u troll on here pretending to b something other than what u really r, looking to stir up controversy, acting as an apologist for a cult-like _ing _un organization, and trying to substantiate the use of an edited piece of video as proof of something and then u wonder why u r treated like the POS u r? goodness...

You should find your Internal peace and dont talk like this
    u shud find ur mommy and ask her why she didn't raise u rite

Water-Quan

get your facts straight. Yang Laoshi wanted to talk directly to the dude's master. They though he was impolite because he didn't call him grand-master and challenged Yang for it.

We didn't invite any shaolin larper.

Nobody claim victory here. There was no match, so no victory. Only one big looser who try to intimidate and gamble and got beaten and humiliated. His behavior in this affair has unmasked the Charlatan he is.
    seriously, post the full video or fukc off and stop talking about it... its pathetic... yall claim to have beaten the man then you censor the evidence... to most, that just says you guys have something to hide... ive watched your demos, they arent anything worth seeing again, but good for a laugh the one time i could stomach it... i mean, how many times did that one retard edit his staff video... everything you guys do is manipulated and misrepresented... censored video, post edited routines... fukcing joke...