Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have any home remedy sore throat cures?

Vodka. All you can drink in 24 hours. It will cure anything.

Chuan xin lian has been fantastic for my throat issues. I highly encourage you to try it.

http://www.asiachi.com/chuanxinlian.html

If you have a nagging sore throat that does not seem to want to leave you, I think it might be to your best interest to see a throat doctor. I can name you 4 people that had sore throats that responded to drugs but kept coming back, and one just ended a long run of radiation and chemo treatments. And age does usually have some to do with it, but not in all cases. This probably does not apply to you, but then again.

I was reading a website and it was talking about "heat" colds vs. "cold" colds in TCM.

What is the difference?

It said " heat" cold is the kind where you wake up with a sore throat one day. It said don't use garlic for that because garlic has heat properties.

I thought garlic was good for everything.

Can someone explain?

Thanks.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Ashida Kim View Post
    I was reading a website and it was talking about "heat" colds vs. "cold" colds in TCM.

What is the difference?

It said " heat" cold is the kind where you wake up with a sore throat one day. It said don't use garlic for that because garlic has heat properties.

I thought garlic was good for everything.

Can someone explain?

Thanks.
    I can explain all too well today (sniff, cough)

I have a cold. My nose is runny, I'm coughing up clear phlegm from the lungs, my head feels like it's packed in cotton, and I have chills and fever.

This is "Wind Cold invading the lungs and skin" or "external invasion of wind cold."

It's a good day for me to eat lots of garlic! (I'm actually drinking ginger/garlic/licorice/green tea.)

If, however, I had a stuffy nose, sore throat, and dry cough or cough with coloured phlegm, this could be "Wind Heat invading the lungs."

In this case, I'd wanna grab cool minty oils, put a few drops into some hot water in a bowl, put a towel over my head, and inhale the fumes.

My preferred oil is teatree oil.

So when you have "cold" symptoms, grab some "hot" remedies; if you have "hot" symptoms, grab some "cold" remedies.
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 09-17-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero