Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bak Mei stance article - Siu Ting Fun

Quote Originally Posted by soulfist View Post
    I wonder if I have any pictures...
    break em out!!!

Here are pictures of the Guangzhou Bak Mei Association heads. Its just a couple pages from a book the assoc released in 2004.

Hey Soulfist, thanks. I've seen that before, any chance you can name the people in English?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Gentlemen,

We seem pretty connected. Philip Wong is from my lineage, coming from 5th generation grandmaster Lee Sai Keung in Hong Kong.

Regards, Lau

thanx alot man, thats fresh...

anyone else with any more pics and info, by all means post it all up... make a bak mei info thread where yall can post articles and pics about lineage and history... that would be awesome... i'f i had much to offer i would do it...

could somebody please translate the names... it would be most appreciated... just type em out the order they apear top to bottom... pretty please!?!?!?!

These are all senior members of the Guangjau Bak Mei Association, and they are all under or related to Siu Ting Fun. No people from the Hong Kong branch or other branches, just of the particular association. The faces are all there and if you dont know those faces Im certain you wouldnt know the names either.

I have dozens of Bak Mei articles and manuscripts from as far back as there is. Everyone writes articles and posts discussions on the same topics: forms, history, hand techniques... its all old and unimportant news. How many articles are there like this one posted? Physiology and methodology, that is the substance that Bak Mei was built upon and defined by. Ive seen few similar publications but have what has been released. I was going to have more posted similar to this one but as theres no discussion then I assume theres also no interest.

Look at the other threads, just pieces of trivia! But finally an indepth article comes along here and theres no discussion... even though nearly 700 reads! Maybe its just a common sense article and talking about things that everyone knows about anyway, thus no need to discuss it further!

Heres where the article was originally posted:
    http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10041

Theres a bit better discussion on it over there. But since there are very few Bak Mei practitioners over there I thought Id bring it over here.

Soulfist, not many Pak Mei practitioners here either.

Not sure what you expected. It was a nice article, accurate, well translated.

I told you my Sifu knows and grew up with Sui Ting Fun, which provided you with an opportunity to enquire, if you were interested in engaging.

You sound disappointed, don't be. Do more than post an article, post your conclusions, or challenges, or questions to provide something to discuss.

As is, the choice is, yea good, naw bad. Its good. Great stuff, love to see more. Its nothing new to me, but expressed nicely. Unless you're into our stuff, its probably just a bit esoteric.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Soulfist my sifu would hit me with a stick if i talk about the BM method. They hope you can learn it but dont care they have enough cousins and uncles to train it. I'm just trying to find the historical link between Foshan, Guangzhou and Hong Kong white eyebrow. I'll show sifu the article maybe he has something to share. He hates questions though.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Soulfist my sifu would hit me with a stick if i talk about the BM method. They hope you can learn it but dont care they have enough cousins and uncles to train it. I'm just trying to find the historical link between Foshan, Guangzhou and Hong Kong white eyebrow. I'll show sifu the article maybe he has something to share. He hates questions though.
    easy.

CLC started in Guangzhou, first half of life.

Post war, went to HK, last 20 years of life. New school started that brought him back in the world by Nam Ging. Died in '68(?).

Futsan is a branch of Har Hon Hong lineage, but some claim alternative lineage due to political issues, possibly around the HHH lineage. They have a bunch of unique patterns and different theories, that could be it as well.

Vietnam is from early CLC in Guangzhou, Mstr Dang.

After CLC (and HHH along with many others, I'm sure) left Guangzhou for HK with the coming of Mao, a a group of 5th generation remained in Guangzhou and taught as best they could under the threat of drama for practising forbidden old ways.

I'm guessing it was similar in Futsan. I know Futsan and Guangzhou are closer friends than either is with Hong Kong, but there's no animosity, just stronger family ties.

Yau Yen Wa made a sojurn to Malaysia and returned to Guangzhou, I believe.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

yet hong kong and guangzhou are alot more alike than fatsan... like how the forms look and whatnot... no???

you mean fatsan and GZ have ties because they are so close, they are litterally family in alot of cases???

i was wondering where the vietnam part came in... i was pretty sure it was from GZ but i didnt have a name... sweet, thanx... more to google
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-09-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Hong Kong Bak Mei is Guangjau Bak Mei, same teacher! If you must say there are differences they those differences lie in:

1) HK practitioners in general stuck to their style and never/seldom ventured beyond. GZ practitioners for the most learned multiple styles and concepts and often had the fighting experiences to see what works.
    2) Jeung Lai Cheun taught in China from 1911-1949, then in HK from 49-64. The raw spirit and force of a young teacher in his prime, vs the refined calm wisdom of a teacher in his later years. Same material more or less but the presentation was different!

Ive learned from 2 teachers of HK and 8 teachers of GZ. I live in HK and interact with both groups regularly. However the HK group is far more political and seem to look down strongly on the GZ group. Regardless I dont view them as 2 different branches as its the same material from the same teacher!

I have no positive comments on what came out of Futshan.

In my bm thread one of the articles said the ferocious tiger form ir CLCs baby combing all the bm footwork and mental principles created when he was old..if foshan has this set wouldnt that explain the lineage... Also inside kung fu 1993 or1983 Kwong Man Fong can break a coconut with one strike did james lacy pick that up from hakka?.

Mang Fu Chut Lum is Jeung Lai Cheun's baby? Hardly. Most make that observation based solely upon its ranking in the curriculum. Look at every form in the system, they all look and feel quite similar (obviously)... except Mang Fu Chut Lum. No one explores that issue though, just praise to the upper form.

If JLC had a baby it would be "Ng Hang Moh Kiu Gung"! This was conceptualized by Jeung as the consolidation and final stage of Bak Mei's evolution. As so few have ever seen the form let alone learned it they easily dismiss it and its worth.

Breaking a coconut isnt something you would pick up from a style. I used to learn chopping stones with various parts of the palm from my teacher. From another we would learn how to thread various grades of paper with a flat fist. So is it that one style trains with a focus on coconut force, one trains with a focus on stone force, and one trains with a focus on paper force? No, I dont think so.

www.pakmei-uk.com go to "referances" "sifu Yen Chien-Kuang on the white brow style" by Ah Lun He says the highest level is MENG HU CH'U LIN and WU HANG MU. Is five element rubbing hitting chi gong?. These are things I wont ask sifu about until I get into 9 step push..just trying to under stand all of the BM utube videos HK to Foshan. NG HANG MO KIU GUNG what does that mean in English?. Typing on a **** phone it's tedious to crosscheck while typing lol..