Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut Style

Blog Entries
    CLFNOLE,

To a certain extent i agree with you about it changing as it gets further away from the source. It reminds me of Yuen Hai (Lau Bun's teacher) and Chan Ngau Sing, two very important focal points in the history of Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.

Being that Yuen Hai was there from the beginning and was one of the three original students of Jeung Hung Sing, Lau Bun was taught the way Yuen Hai got it from Jeung Hung Sing. But, Hung Sing Kuen (Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut) under Chan Ngau Sing was taken to the next level for a new generation.

Since Lau Bun wasn't a student of Chan Ngau Sing, he never picked up the new stuff that was being created by him. He just taught what he learned from Yuen Hai. From what i've noticed is there are some major changes in the Chan Ngau Sing lineage, but there is still alot that is the same as found in my lineage.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Hi Frank,

The question is not whether who has more weight, who is on top or not, the question is whether there are written documents or records to support one's claim. That is what historical research is all about.

You can change your history as much as you like, but to be convincing there has to be supporting evidence. If not it is just a theory or a hearsay, that is all, and that goes for stories or legends about our grandfather or great uncles.

XJ

I worked on kicks, strikes, and stance transition today... smoothing out some edges during changes. I have gotten into the habit of doing "clumps of forms", where I will find a particular combination and repeat it, instead of doing the whole thing over and over.

Tomorrow I'll work on my Mandarin language training a bit.

BTW... an Emu was the one who invented CLF. Taught it to some other Emus, who eventually taught it to Steve Hawking and Pee Wee Herman. Pee Wee was eventually called the Green Grass Monk, due to his bad habit of "pulling a load", which would lead to him sweating, and smoke starting to come out his nose.

This is why you'll never beat me with conventional weapons.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    You can change your history as much as you like, but to be convincing there has to be supporting evidence. If not it is just a theory or a hearsay, that is all, and that goes for stories or legends about our grandfather or great uncles.
    But all of your information on the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon falls apart far worst than a wet paper bag with a bowling ball in it. Come on, just look at the Choy Fook being Ching Cho fiasco.

you still have answered why i or anyone should believe Chan Yiu Chi over that of the actual Hung Sing lineage.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 09-04-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Hi Frank,

I am not asking you to believe in Chan Yiu-Chi, I am asking you to look up what he has to say and compare with the information you are given, after all he is the grandson of Chan Heung, much closer to the source than your Futsan elders. The Chan family knew Jeung Ah-Yim since he is 12 and also his father, how long have your Futsan elders knew him?

XJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 09-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    based on what you've already stated, plus the fact that you guys seem to think Jeung Hung Sing was only in the picture around 1867 is enough for me to say NO THANK YOU. i mean i'd read it, but i can't trust it.

Hi Frank,

Information gets lost and twisted over time, the earlier the source the more reliable it becomes is the general consensus of the historians.

But you can take it or leave it.

XJ

Blog Entries
    thanks joseph.

but, if you want to write it down here in this thread...i'll take a look.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 09-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Hi Frank,

This is what Chan Yiu-Chi has to say about how Jeung Ah-Yim first met Chan Heung:

Jeung Ah-Yim's father was a stone mason working in Hong Kong when he met Chan Heung (Chan Heung was invited there by the Guangdong Village Association), he was impressed by Chan Heung's skill after he defeated a Russian boxer and wanted his son to study with Chan Heung.

Jeung Ah-Yim's father gave him the nick name Hung Sing (Victorious Hung) 洪勝 very early on, in hope that his son will be invincible with his Hung Kuen skill, that the father has taught his son before meeting Chan Heung.

XJ

Blog Entries
    and do you mind telling me what his source of information was since this was never documented by Chan Heung?

Blog Entries

That is where our history differs.

According to our history, Jeung Hung Sing was orphaned and was under the care of Jeung Kwan-his uncle who had to leave on business. HE was friends with Chan Heung and hoped his old friend could look after Jeung Ah Yim.

One thing the Chan Fam and Fut San Hung Sing branch agree on is that Jeung Ah Yim was 12 years old when he came to Chan Heung.

But, since there is no documentation of Jeung Ah Yim by Chan Heung, don't you think the only right thing to do is go to its source with an unbiased mind?

And i believe that what you posted is sketchy because out of all the people who have looked at the family archives, none has ever stated that the Hung Sing name came from Jeung Hung Sing's father.

On the other hand, our lineage has always claimed that Jeung ah Yim got the Hung Sing name from Ching Cho. Now i've got the strongest possible link to the origin of the Hung Sing name and its connection to monk ching cho which is very very hard to dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

And i believe that what you posted is sketchy because out of all the people who have looked at the family archives, none has ever stated that the Hung Sing name came from Jeung Hung Sing's father.

dispute.
    Hi Frnak,

What all people who have looked at the Chan family archive?

XJ

Blog Entries
    you know **** well who i'm talking about lets not play these games. i know you know who has been back to to king mui.

Blog Entries

I'll ask you one more time joseph

and do you mind telling me what his source of information was since this was never documented by Chan Heung?

CAN YOU ANSWER THAT PLEASE?

Hi Frank,

How can you be sure it is not documented by Chan Heung and his family?

As I mentioned earlier, a lot has been written about Jeung Ah-Yim in the Chan family archive because he was a key player, but the public would never see them because it is too controversial.

If you think ..... has been back to King Mui a few time and got a look in the archive (he even give the impression he has a few copies of the original), then you are just too naive.

I'll leave at that.

XJ