Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut Style

Hi Frank,

after you revision of your comments, what years am i off on brother joseph? am i off in my years like your are in the actual birthdate of Chan Heung?
    Koon Pak was 28 when his father died so he would at least be 28 and not 18. You can make up the year for Jeung Ah-Yim as you like.

XJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 09-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    oh joseph, you mention i am lead by faith, well.....DID YOU SEE CHAN YIU CHI WRITE THESE MANUALS? were you there to witness it? how do you know he wrote it? how do you know someone didn't write it and just put his name on it?
    Hi Frank,

Chan Yiu-Chi wrote them by his own hands with ink and brush so you know it is his own work, you don't have to be there to watch him writing it to say that he wrote it, his writing is his signature and one can tell if someone tried to forge it, also it is not easy to keep record of 300 forms without referring to earlier materials, even harder to make them all up!

XJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 09-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Uhhhhh......WHAT?

whoah...what do you guys have two birthdates again?

Chan Fam says Chan Heung was born in 1805 and Fut San says 1815.
    Now, i got two chan family websites that give two different dates for the birth of Chan Heung's son.

what i DO notice is that same "10" year theme.

I should believe you WHY again?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 09-05-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    As for the manuals, Chan Yiu-Chi re-edited them from material passed down by his father and grandfather, not only oral transmissions but also written words, according to the source you quoted (choyleefut.org).
    you and i both know Chan Heung doesn't have anything really in regards to Jeung Hung Sing in his records.

nice try though. Keep trying.

Blog Entries
    i Frank,

Chan Yiu-Chi wrote them by his own hand so you know it is his own work, it is not easy to keep record of 300 forms without referring to earlier materials, even harder to make them all up!
    How do you know that it was written by Chan Yiu Chi's own hand? Have you or anyone gotten any Handwriting analysis going on about this? what did you use to compare? anything that was notarized?

and i notice you are always stating something....then you go back and alter it. very sneaky

Hi Frank,

Then you obviously have not seen any of the manuscripts! Besides, I am not untrained in this area.

I am always trying to edit my writings here to make it sound easier for you to understand, yet you think I am trying to cover something up.

What can I say? I am wasting my time here with you!

XJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 09-05-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    you ARE joseph. you have been doing that since i first got on this forum old buddy.

Blog Entries
    Hi Frank,

Chan Yiu-Chi wrote them by his own hands with ink and brush so you know it is his own work, you don't have to be there to watch him writing it to say that he wrote it, his writing is his signature and one can tell if someone tried to forge it, also it is not easy to keep record of 300 forms without referring to earlier materials, even harder to make them all up!

XJ
    Mr. funny man!!!!!

Blog Entries
    A Quick Comparison
    I am only doing the following because i really do think it's important that others understand that if you want to know the truth about the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon, then you should go to the source and study the history prior to speaking up. it is not intended to offend anyone, but this is my lineages history we are talking about.

Chan Heung Branch founders version of Jeung Hung Sing's History:

Q: When was Jeung Ah Yim born? A: Not Recorded.
    Q: When did Jeung Ah Yim first start learning from Chan Heung? A: Not Recorded
    Q: How long did Jeung Ah Yim train with Chan Heung? A: Not Recorded.
    Q: When did Jeung Ah Yim pass away? A: Not Recorded
    Q: What did Chan Heung teach Jeung Ah Yim? A: Not Recorded
    Q: Who Gave Jeung Ah Yim the Hung Sing name? A: Not Recorded
    Q: Who was the Green Grass Monk? A: Not Recorded
    Q: What is documented about Jeung Ah Yim by Chan Heung? A: Jeung Hung Sing returned to Fut San to re-open his Hung Sing Kwoon.

Now, it's well known that Jeung Ah Yim (Jeung Hung Sing) was a famous former student of Chan Heung. In one corner of your mouth you say Jeung Hung Sing was one of Chan Heung's favorite students. So in saying, Jeung Hung Sing was a well known figure in southern Chinese martial arts. Yet there is nothing documented about him by Chan Family Choy Lee Fut founder Chan Heung.

The following would be answers coming from the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon, the source of our lineage:

Q: When was Jeung Ah Yim born? A: 1824.
    Q: When did Jeung Ah Yim first start learning from Chan Heung? A: in 1836 at the age of 12 years old.
    Q: How long did Jeung Ah Yim train with Chan Heung? A: for 5 years from the age of 12-17 years old (1836-1841).
    Q: When did Jeung Ah Yim pass away? A: 1893 at the age of 69.
    Q: What did Chan Heung teach Jeung Ah Yim? A: The earliest stages of Chan Heung's Choy Lee Fut as it was far from completed in its evolution.
    Q: Who Gave Jeung Ah Yim the Hung Sing name? A: Monk Ching Cho
    Q: Who was the Green Grass Monk? A: A former Shaolin Monk, and co-founder of the Hung Mun Secret Society.
    Q: What is documented about Jeung Ah Yim by Chan Heung? A: Jeung Hung Sing returned to Fut San to re-open his Hung Sing kwoon.

After leaving Chan Heung in 1841, Jeung Hung Sing spent the next 30 plus years developing Hung Sing Kuen which was a combination of the Lee Gar he learned from Lee Yau San, the early Choy Lee Fut and Fut Gar Kuen. Then sometime in the early to mid 1860's Jeung Hung Sing returned to his former sifu and this is where Chan Heung's CLF changed a bit due to Jeung Hung Sing's Fut Gar Kuen contributions to Choy Lee Fut evolutionary path.

While Choy Lee Fut in King Mui developed on its own course, the same was happening with Jeung Hung Sing's Hung Sing CLF. the two branches developed their martial arts separately. I know it has to make you wonder why there are no chan family forms found in any true hung sing branch. and there definitely is a reason to it too.

One day, i do hope the history issue can rest peacefully, but it looks like we still have a ways got go.

Blog Entries
    you don't have to be there to watch him writing it to say that he wrote it,
    So if i produced a document and said it came from Chan Yiu Chi you would just automatically believe me huh?

Blog Entries
    I am not asking you to believe in Chan Yiu-Chi, I am asking you to look up what he has to say and compare with the information you are given, after all he is the grandson of Chan Heung, much closer to the source than your Futsan elders. The Chan family knew Jeung Ah-Yim since he is 12 and also his father, how long have your Futsan elders knew him?
    How can the outlined be? Chan Yiu Chi was not a student of the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon. How can he be closer to the Hung Sing source than Jeung Hung Sing? we are talking about my family lineage NOT yours.

This never gets old guys.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    hhahaha i like battling with Joseph, but i don't get mad like i used to cause i know that i found the answers that neither HE nor the Chan Fam manuals could answer. no need anymore to be upset over history.

the way i see it is like everyone likes to spar....this is the way me and joseph spars.

Blog Entries

My grandfather once told me that arguing is an exercise... of the mind.

I was 4 years old and went WTF.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori