Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

thanks Bawang, that's exactly the validation I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    But most people are lazy..any real fighter guy i know is a cokehead steroid guy who overtrains. Like if the average joe was fit to play water polo he could pick up bottom/top game easy. Being stuck on your back is deep and scary for newbs because they are chubby or frail. My one buddy is spending more time on jj instead of learning new gung fu. Says he tryn to be a fighter..i think he is just lazy and fat sucks at GF so he just wanna lay on his back n switch mount lmao dumb and **** needs a big wrestler to motivate him into getting fit.
    kung fu is about transformation. transforming a small weak man into a big strong man. its not for weak people to cling to, to try to justify and acept their weakness and laziness.

thats what i hate about white and abc kung fu people. u guys say kung fu allows weak man to defeat strong man, all that "sicence of fighting" bullsh1t, that its ok to be skinny/fat and out of shape with girly fingers. thats whats killing kung fu. ITS NOT OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    my penus over 2.3 cm long. i rub it gently against your ear
    Last edited by bawang; 09-01-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

kung fu is about transformation. transforming a small weak man into a big strong man. its not for weak people to cling to, to try to justify their weakness and laziness.
    This is exactly what Shaolin training is about...

Now get out of my ear.

Talking

Lol bwang became scarface when his first teacher was the red panty guy in KUNG FU HUSTLE

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Kung Fu (at least what I learn) does not assume you won't go to the ground...it just assumes you'll want to get back up...
    It has sweeps, take-downs, throws, locks, submissions, and strikes from the ground...what is it missing besides the mounts?
    I'm not saying KF doesn't have it's ups and positives, but no it does not have a complete ground game.

examples: transitions of mounts, transitions of tech., they do not have a large selection of submissions, locks, or throws, they do not have an escape proceedure from different mounts or traps. no picks, shrimping, controlled tention. They do not have sweeping guards, rubber guards, etc. etc,.etc. etc.....blah blah balh... I could go on and on...

anyways, what is missing you ask?????????? hum.....pretty much the whole ground domination perspective.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

But most people are lazy..any real fighter guy i know is a cokehead steroid guy who overtrains. Like if the average joe was fit to play water polo he could pick up bottom/top game easy. Being stuck on your back is deep and scary for newbs because they are chubby or frail. My one buddy is spending more time on jj instead of learning new gung fu. Says he tryn to be a fighter..i think he is just lazy and fat sucks at GF so he just wanna lay on his back n switch mount lmao dumb and **** needs a big wrestler to motivate him into getting fit.
    you love your blanket statments of generalization.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Hmm...Kung fu does not have a large selection of submissions, locks, or throws? That's news to me.
    No escape procedure for mounts and traps? that's also news to me.

Guess I just got lucky...apparently the kung fu I'm studying isn't really kung fu.

I got to go...sorry. I'll be back for more fun later, I guess.

I agree the ground game isn't complete, but I don't think it's quite as lacking as you believe...

Hmm...Kung fu does not have a large selection of submissions, locks, or throws? That's news to me.
    No escape procedure for mounts and traps? that's also news to me.

Guess I just got lucky...apparently the kung fu I'm studying isn't really kung fu.

I got to go...sorry. I'll be back for more fun later, I guess.

I agree the ground game isn't complete, but I don't think it's quite as lacking as you believe...
    i'm not going to sit here and go back and forth about it. You have a different view of it as do I. I've yet to meet a TCMA that can honestly go on the ground.

as for the tech. listed above in your post, they do not have a strong list of what your depicting. yes they might have a few but they do not have the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    um....lol

well Bawang, how do you feel about that?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

kung fu is about transformation. transforming a small weak man into a big strong man. its not for weak people to cling to, to try to justify and acept their weakness and laziness.
    Kung Fu is a transformative process to be sure, but so is living life. Kung Fu is about making yourself a skilled person in a chosen field through effort and time. That makes it different for anyone on a lot of levels. I don't think it was ever intended for the other stuff you've cast upon it there. lol

thats what i hate about white and abc kung fu people. u guys say kung fu allows weak man to defeat strong man, all that "sicence of fighting" bullsh1t, that its ok to be skinny/fat and out of shape with girly fingers. thats whats killing kung fu. ITS NOT OK.
    This is what my Chinese teachers told me. lol I don't see "white guys" who go on about this as much as I see Chinese people insist that this is how it is. Kung Fu was killed by the same people who made it.

Chinese martial arts will return to origin eventually. Fist fighting , kicking, throwing, seizing...all these things are for sport now or personal study of anachronistic martial techniques.

True martial arts is not what we do, that's what soldiers do. We are all collectively hobbiests or sports inclined martial artists.

I can see it being of some use for police and medical folks as far as holds that restrain without pain and such, but, martial arts was dead when guns were invented.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Did anyone see UFC 118? BJ Penn, a bjj world champ, has tons of experience on the ground. He went to throw a round house to Edgar's leg and Edgar sweeped the crap out of Penn. All the years of ground work did not keep him from freaking out and falling like an old person falling down the stairs. I was waiting for BJ Penn to yell, "I've fallen and I can't get up."

"Don't worry, mam. The ambulance is on the way."

I think it is more important to have a good balance between standing wrestling and ground game...with a little more efficiency toward stand up wrestling.

I think it is more important to have a good balance between standing wrestling and ground game...with a little more efficiency toward stand up wrestling.
    agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    agree with you

No one ever agrees with me! Do you agree to pay my rent for this month as well?

i agree to nothing and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Since we are talking about CMA and ground fight, I have to repeat this true story that happened in Taiwan many years ago. This story caused a great amount of tension between SC guys and Judo guys in Taiwan for many years.

Back in the 60th, the Central Police University in Taiwan (it was called Central Police Academy back then) had both 4 years SC course (taught by SC master) and 4 years Judo class (taught by 黄滄浪 Huang Cang Lang). At the end of the 4th year, before the police officers gradualation, there would be a SC and Judo mixed tournament before issued the 1st degree black belt to all students. Since Judo master taught his student the ground skill. But SC master didn't not. Some SC students asked their teacher how to handle the ground situation. The SC master taught them some biting skill. During the tournament, a Judo student got an arm bar on a SC student, the SC student bited on that Judo student's leg. The judo referee stoped that fight and made the SC student disqualified. The SC student said, "I just did exactly what my teacher taught me to do." Both the SC master and the Judo master went to the school principle. Here is that famous history debating:

A: His student bited my student in the ground game.
    B: Why did you allow your student to do that?
    C: Are we training police officers?
    B: Yes! Why?
    C: In the street when a criminal put an arm bar on our policer officer on the groud, should our police officer tap so the criminal will let him go free, or should our police officer try everything he can to get out of that situation.

The SC master won that famous historical debating.
    not to be an as$ and i'm sure this happened but cheating (going outside the agreed rules of a comp) is just cheap and silly, the judo guys should have just started snapping limbs rther than waiting for the tap

And what would be YOUR reaction to someone who said my sifu says theres no need to learn standing grappling and throwing, just bite them when they come close?

as for the criminal putting on the arm bar he wouldn't, he would snap the arm so quickly you couldnt tap or bite