Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    deih tong has, as I understand it, a few main "points"
    1) how to fall without getting hurt (or minimizing it) and recover quickly in order to get back up ASAP
    2) if u hav limited means of doing body conditioning, throwing urself onto the floor repeatedly is one way of doing this
    3) it's, like, TOTALLY cool to watch w those mad twists and wiked spin ups and sh1t and peeps be paying serious ca$h to see dat!!!
    and i dont see any reason why that shouldnt be combined with some ground fighting too... throw in some tight highstance styles and make small changes for transitions between the styles, add weapons and you have something complete and absolutely deadly at all ranges in all situations...

im not qualified to do that, but it can be done none the less...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I thot that was the day that u practiced ur plum flower pole jumping over the alligator pit...

psshht, over here we do that every day at dawn... sword in hand, blindfoled while choppin a mango dangling from a string right in half in mid flight while simultaneously catching the piece of mango for breakfast on the other side of the pit... then we go train for real...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan;
    Gee. Pretty intense.

None of the 'real' fights I've been in (not many and all before I started training--I'm not a bad a*s ) involved weapons, however, every single one of them took place on pavement.
    Unless you always wear your leather biker gear, or spend all your time on soccer fields, why do you want to wrestle so much?

On pavement even if you win you're still going to end up a mess.

)

Welcome back to the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by diego;
    I think you guys are full of **** let me tell you about the real world:

wrestling is a child's game sport fighters lose their peak after the age of 25 then they retire and buy a gun if they are intelligent.

all this bottom game top game is a crack heads mentality invented by beef cake coke junkies who train hard by using steroids. take away any ufc guys conditioning by smashing his knee and wrists with a hammer and his "technique" will resemble any pansy nonconditioned tma head.

when you are 60 it's all gone you get one strike you better have some sort of point needle in your hand and your footwork better be top notch... guns.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    your a scholar

Welcome back to the early 90s.
    Oh yes, silly me, I forgot...in the year 2000 all roads were repaved with a smooth hard rubber surface. How foolish of me to forget that road burn is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    your a scholar

"you're"

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Oh yes, silly me, I forgot...in the year 2000 all roads were repaved with a smooth hard rubber surface. How foolish of me to forget that road burn is a thing of the past.

Aw, if the world is too hard and pointy for you maybe you should just stay inside, precious.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    kung fu is about transformation. transforming a small weak man into a big strong man. its not for weak people to cling to, to try to justify and acept their weakness and laziness.

thats what i hate about white and abc kung fu people. u guys say kung fu allows weak man to defeat strong man, all that "sicence of fighting" bullsh1t, that its ok to be skinny/fat and out of shape with girly fingers. thats whats killing kung fu. ITS NOT OK.
    To clarify,, I've been to China, and it's the same. It's not ABC's and white dudes, it''s the culture that did the damage. There's more good kung fu in China, but it's pretty difficult to find: any cursory search will turn up the same stuff that's here. And it isn't necessaqrily better, it's just more3 of the good stuff, but even harder to find.

Frankly, I can't name a white dude or an abc who turned out to be the3 source of the damage, but I can name lot of Chinese guys. BUT...the best teacher I've known was also Chinese.

Thus, those who find it better be more open about sharing it or it will die.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post

now isnt that the irony...

fortunately, with the current generations taking up the mantle of teaching, this is becoming more and more the case.

the days of 'having something so special it needs to be doled out to the special' or 'having secret deadly techniques that cannot be shared with mere mortals' are over.

open up or share the fate of the dodo you resemble!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Gee. Pretty intense.

None of the 'real' fights I've been in (not many and all before I started training--I'm not a bad a*s ) involved weapons, however, every single one of them took place on pavement.
    Unless you always wear your leather biker gear, or spend all your time on soccer fields, why do you want to wrestle so much?

On pavement even if you win you're still going to end up a mess.
    I played football in the street growing up cuz there wasn't enough grass around. You don't get half as messed up as you might think. But then, you haven't fought in forever so not like you'd know.

The only thing missing from the kung fu ground game are some of the mounts you see in sport
    And proper leverage and control and locks that can actually break bones and **** since chi na don't work standing and it certainly don't work on the ground when the leverage is all different...

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    your a scholar
    You're an idiot

Thanks. You guys make me realize how lucky I am.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    i wonder how many great styles have been lost due to secrecy... they spend so much energy protecting the style and are so successful at guarding the secrets that all it takes is one freak accident and all knowledge is lost... father and son die in car crash... family style, gone... kind of sad... it brings up some interesting points tho... if you dont guard the style, it will be changed and re-arranged, eventually, in a way the founding line may not approve of... this could also be said for anyone tho, the sigung is gone and sifu changes some things that sigung may not have approved of... but its more likely to change if the style leaves the family hands... but the opposite is also true, it may not recieve changes for the better becoz the style never left family hands... personally, the secrecy i prefer is the kind where they dont show outsiders anything but modified "tagged" forms for demonstrations, but anyone can be a student aslong as they have shown to be worthy... bring them in, teach a form or two and get to know them, if they pass the "inegrity tests", whatever they may be, then they start learning the basics of the system...

and i understand that some people would want to keep it in the family... and thats fair enough, but they should teach more than one person... for some people its very personal and very important, and you cant mess with that, i respect that... but its too bad, in alot of cases im sure, we've lost the opportunity to learn some amazing stuff... and im convinced that atleast some people created groundfighting systems, or subsystems, but i guess not enough people cared to keep them alive... or they are alive and nobody cares enough to notice and we just cant find it but its there... anyways, theres more than enough out there for anyone who wants to learn tho, i cant imagine anyone complaining that there arent enough choices... you may not find exactly what you want, in some cases what you want isnt realistic, but you will find something... thats forsure...

rant...

I can only assume you're not aware that armbars, figure-fours, headlocks, chicken wings, full-nelsons, &c. are part of chin na.