Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    yeah but you know what... good sense isnt always enough to change views... lots of people just arent willing to believe they have put all that time in, yet overlooked a whole aspect of fighting... i think it's gonna be awhile longer, no matter who says what and makes which video...
    me to. put years into something I thought was complete. But a lot of people have and when you put that much time into something then come to realization that maybe it's not the end all know all you get a little pi$$ed.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Most adults cannot apply common sense to fighting because for 99% of them its not common. Even here in a MA forum, look how many times you see someone say they haven't fought since they were a teen, or in XXXX years. Most people simply don't do it. So how can they practice for something they neither do nor have any idea of what it is like to do? The answer that is easy, to go find people that do fight and train with them if not fight yourself. That's what people are unwilling to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Most adults cannot apply common sense to fighting because for 99% of them its not common. Even here in a MA forum, look how many times you see someone say they haven't fought since they were a teen, or in XXXX years. Most people simply don't do it. So how can they practice for something they neither do nor have any idea of what it is like to do? The answer that is easy, to go find people that do fight and train with them if not fight yourself. That's what people are unwilling to do.
    I will disagree in THIS regard, the issue is not that some/most haven't fought in SOME YEARS or whatnot, the issue is that most have never fought a trained fighter, period.
    It's a whole different ball of wax.
    How can you tel if you are in a fight, for real?
    Easy.
    The other guy is trying his best to knock your head off and **** your corpse.
    How can you tell you are in a fight for real with a REAL fighter and not so,e scrub that ANYONE with even a minimal of training can beat?
    Easy, See the above and add, " he has the tools to do it".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I will disagree in THIS regard, the issue is not that some/most haven't fought in SOME YEARS or whatnot, the issue is that most have never fought a trained fighter, period.
    It's a whole different ball of wax.
    How can you tel if you are in a fight, for real?
    Easy.
    The other guy is trying his best to knock your head off and **** your corpse.
    How can you tell you are in a fight for real with a REAL fighter and not so,e scrub that ANYONE with even a minimal of training can beat?
    Easy, See the above and add, " he has the tools to do it".
    The most conflict most people get in their day is an angry stare from Agnis at the Circle K

The most conflict most people get in their day is an angry stare from Agnis at the Circle K
    That is why I don't expect mus for people.
    Unless you have fought high level or even Amat. level with decent fighters, you don't get it.
    Unless you have done some sort of Law enforcement or security or been part of a gang, you don't get the reality of "the street".
    Having done both, you truly understand how much and how little they have in common.
    So, no, don't expect people to "get it".
    Don't expect people that have never done pro or amat. fighting to get what it means to fight a trained fighter.
    Don't expect a person that has never, on a CONSTANT basis, faced the threat of death or sever bodily harm, to understand it either.

Okay then. Sorry for wasting all your time.
    At least we all have some horse jelly for our toast now.

I hope you guys get to train with a quality eagle claw stylist someday.

If you can't fight without resorting to nutshots and biting like a 2nd grader then your martial art sucks. That's a bull**** excuse...

I wasnt making an excuse. I will try it. As a matter of fact, Im gonna set up a sparring match with a local mma guy soon. But we were trained to do what we have to do. If it works its good kungfu, were just not trained to be tournament fighters.

Does Agnis has teh 'real kungfu'?

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    I agree 100% with you ShaolinDan, Im glad you came through with those vids cuz I wasnt having any luck finding anything.

As far as entering comps, I guess I could do that. My teacher teaches us to fight dirty though, and its kinda embedded as a natural reaction already. I wouldnt win anything cuz of the rules, but I guess it would prove the Chin na would work. Maybe one of these days soon when one comes my way. We'll see.
    Yeeeaaaaaahh... 'cuz of the rules...ok...

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I wasnt making an excuse. I will try it. As a matter of fact, Im gonna set up a sparring match with a local mma guy soon. But we were trained to do what we have to do. If it works its good kungfu, were just not trained to be tournament fighters.
    love how people try to down play the conditioning and total overall abilities you have to have to even compete in a cage fight. mma cage fighting is not the same as "tournament" fighting to clarify that.

we all know that mma doesn't have the "deadly" street apps. lol.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    love how people try to down play the conditioning and total overall abilities you have to have to even compete in a cage fight. mma cage fighting is not the same as "tournament" fighting to clarify that.

we all know that mma doesn't have the "deadly" street apps. lol.
    I slinked off this thread after reading ronins replies (cant argue with anything that guy says) but I have to agree with you, I have lost count of the number of guys I have seen ask for a spar with my coach and then try to bite, pull hair groin strike and get wrecked because of it, especially in the early 2000's when MMA was still a growing art, fact is conditioning and mental toughness (which you have to have to compete) can carry you through a lot, its hard to do the dirty stuff when mounted and getting f*cked up with strikes, and as you say people who have not competed or trained in a gym where guys are always competing always underestimate just what it takes to beat that guy and to be that guy, and just how evil some of them are prepared to be when its full contact and all out
    Last edited by Frost; 09-17-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I slinked off this thread after reading Robins replies (cant argue with anything that guy says) but I have to agree with you, I have lost count of the number of guys I have seen ask for a spar with my coach and then try to bite, pull hair groin strike and get wrecked because of it, especially in the early 2000's when MMA was still a growing art, fact is conditioning and mental toughness (which you have to have to compete) can carry you through a lot, its hard to do the dirty stuff when mounted and getting f*cked up with strikes, and as you say people who have not competed or trained in a gym where guys are always competing always underestimate just what it takes to beat that guy and to be that guy, and just how evil some of them are prepared to be when its full contact and all out
    The worse I ever saw was one guy that tired to bite his way out of a RNC and got his jaw dislocated for it, nasty thing it was.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The worse I ever saw was one guy that tired to bite his way out of a RNC and got his jaw dislocated for it, nasty thing it was.
    i saw a friendly sparring match become a very nasty smashing when a guy who asked to spar tried to poke my coach in the eye and pull his hair whilst he was mounted(my coach trained with geoff thompson and had done a few animal days the result was not nice)

hey i bit somebody once and it made all the difference... he was bigger and i was blinsided but he was the type that just holds on... after a bit him he let go... then we fought

oh and i was like 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i saw a friendly sparring match become a very nasty smashing when a guy who asked to spar tried to poke my coach in the eye and pull his hair whilst he was mounted(my coach trained with geoff thompson and had done a few animal days the result was not nice)
    In my Vale tudo days a few guys tried some of that stuff, the hair pulling is irrelevant, but the attempts to bite and attack the eyes were always met with an appropriate response
    Look, fact is, IF they guys KNEW how to fight, they would NEED to resort to crappy stuff like that and the paradox is, IF they KNEW how to fight then that stuff wouldn't be crappy !