Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    i worked juvinile corrections for some years and I had that kind of thing happen all the time. It never made a difference when you went for a restraint. You just learned to place yourself in better positioning. I got bite like once and I told the kid to let go or i would make it worse. He didn't let go so I slipped up into a cobra choke using one of his own arms... he eventually let go... you can't do much biting with a choke coming on.

Most of the stuff I learned from wrestling it's all semantic for body positioning, a lot of the stupid "dirty" tricks people can use, can also be negated by just knowing the correct positioning.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In my Vale tudo days a few guys tried some of that stuff, the hair pulling is irrelevant, but the attempts to bite and attack the eyes were always met with an appropriate response
    Look, fact is, IF they guys KNEW how to fight, they would NEED to resort to crappy stuff like that and the paradox is, IF they KNEW how to fight then that stuff wouldn't be crappy !
    true and the other point is guys can tak a lot of punishment when they want to (much more than these guys will admit), friend of mine now fighting in the UFC won a match afterdislocating his knee, it popped back in after a few seconds and he lasted another round before the other guy tapped from ground and pound, try biteing someone like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    true and the other point is guys can tak a lot of punishment when they want to (much more than these guys will admit), friend of mine now fighting in the UFC won a match afterdislocating his knee, it popped back in after a few seconds and he lasted another round before the other guy tapped from ground and pound, try biteing someone like that lol
    oh yeah, whos that???

i can bite your fist as you rain on me from mount... true story...

grapplers bite alot... i got bit alot in wrestling as a youth... dont even get me started on rugby, i was hooker and had to tape my ears back... fukcing kids

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    He didn't let go so I slipped up into a cobra choke using one of his own arms... he eventually let go... you can't do much biting with a choke coming on.
    whats a cobra choke???

How can you tel if you are in a fight, for real?
    Easy.
    The other guy is trying his best to knock your head off and **** your corpse.
    How can you tell you are in a fight for real with a REAL fighter and not so,e scrub that ANYONE with even a minimal of training can beat?
    Easy, See the above and add, " he has the tools to do it".
    nice....!!!

How can you tell you are in a fight for real
    when your being face smashed, its usually a sign... but if you dunno when its real and when it isnt, good chance ur a retard who should be under some form of supervision...
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.

How can you tel if you are in a fight, for real?
    My theme music starts playing out of the sky.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

i was hooker and had to tape my ears back...
    You could add one letter to that sentence and make it very confusing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

whats a cobra choke???
    Forget the tech. name. Take the persons own arm and pull it across, grab it behind there head. so your actually choking them with there own arm.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Forget the tech. name. Take the persons own arm and pull it across, grab it behind there head. so your actually choking them with there own arm.
    do you actually grab his arm with your hand, or do you just get into position and gable grip and squeeze??? like a modified arm triangle? from the side or back???

it sounds familiar, but ive forgotten more chokes than ive remembered... there are so many ways to choke a man... i remember how happy i was when i first learned the d'arce choke... it opened up my world... and the anaconda, so many wrestlers dive into the north/south chokes... peruvian neckties, stuff like that... i suggest anyone learn as many submissions as possible because they will always give you something, you just need to be able to visualise it, see the opportunity...

this is sorta it, did a quick search on it found the front version.

this but from behind.

oh i see.... ive done that without the arm too... forearm pressure on the neck...

I had some more experience with ground fighting today. We are getting ready for a demo at a local military post, so we been training in reversing chin na and ground fighting. I learned 2 things. Chinna is useless if your opponent knows how to reverse it. Thats ANY chin na. and ground fighting depends on 3 things, knowing what hold the opponent is going for, knowing when to strike, and using a "bridge" technique to reverse position

One of the students in my school is trained in Judo, and I know some of the Arrmy Jiujitsu. I have to say the Army Jiujitsu was completely useless. He used the Judo, and he felt like 1000 lbs when he was in the mount. I can see how people get tired in MMA and UFC. But most moves were reversable from full lock by bridging your back, or bridging your back, and stomping your feet then rolling. Also he tried to be a smart ass and fight me after a reversal, he went for an arm bar which I easily gotten out of. I then fought with him, attacking his eyes and throat, as he went for additional holds, which I obviously didnt do since he was my friend. But I could've, then he went for the armbar again. I used silk reeling from chen style taiji, and spiraled my arm out of the hold, with the other arm I saw the opportunity to go for either the groin, the Hui Yin or the anus as a strike, which either way would scare, kill or hurt the opponent. I was taught how to easily escape the guilotene and the beast choker/choker hold. Is all ground fighting like this, or am I mislead by my limited experience? Im asking cuz Im going to spar with a jiujitsu guy in a month and want to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    I had some more experience with ground fighting today. We are getting ready for a demo at a local military post, so we been training in reversing chin na and ground fighting. I learned 2 things. Chinna is useless if your opponent knows how to reverse it. Thats ANY chin na. and ground fighting depends on 3 things, knowing what hold the opponent is going for, knowing when to strike, and using a "bridge" technique to reverse position

One of the students in my school is trained in Judo, and I know some of the Arrmy Jiujitsu. I have to say the Army Jiujitsu was completely useless. He used the Judo, and he felt like 1000 lbs when he was in the mount. I can see how people get tired in MMA and UFC. But most moves were reversable from full lock by bridging your back, or bridging your back, and stomping your feet then rolling. Also he tried to be a smart ass and fight me after a reversal, he went for an arm bar which I easily gotten out of. I then fought with him, attacking his eyes and throat, as he went for additional holds, which I obviously didnt do since he was my friend. But I could've, then he went for the armbar again. I used silk reeling from chen style taiji, and spiraled my arm out of the hold, with the other arm I saw the opportunity to go for either the groin, the Hui Yin or the anus as a strike, which either way would scare, kill or hurt the opponent. I was taught how to easily escape the guilotene and the beast choker/choker hold. Is all ground fighting like this, or am I mislead by my limited experience? Im asking cuz Im going to spar with a jiujitsu guy in a month and want to be ready.
    Sounds to me like you went into spaztastic mode due to inexperience. And lol at killing someone with a taint punch. Whatever dude, what flavor is the koolaid? You know what go ahead and reach down there and see how fast your hand gets trapped and your face proceeded to be tenderized.

not trying to be an a$$ to you but, what the hell did you just describe?

taint punching and ball grabbing????

I'm still trying to re-read the end of it and I'm have a little difficulty figuring out what you are actually doing.

I'm going to give you a heads up about grappling and groin shots and the deadly eye gouges. If the guy you were grappling with had an limited experience he would probably pummel you into the abyss for trying that. I've had people try the "deadly" on me when grappling, all it does is pi$$ me off and make me go for pain submissions. Dude that sh!t doesn't work. For the hundredth million time for the love of what ever diety is above that sh!t doesn't work.

not trying to be an a$$ to you but, what the hell did you just describe?

taint punching and ball grabbing????

I'm still trying to re-read the end of it and I'm have a little difficulty figuring out what you are actually doing.

I'm going to give you a heads up about grappling and groin shots and the deadly eye gouges. If the guy you were grappling with had an limited experience he would probably pummel you into the abyss for trying that. I've had people try the "deadly" on me when grappling, all it does is pi$$ me off and make me go for pain submissions. Dude that sh!t doesn't work. For the hundredth million time for the love of what ever diety is above that sh!t doesn't work.
    but the anus strikes are deadly...
    ok so if you will smash the face for poking the eyes and grabbing the nuttz what will you do when he tries to stick his finger anywhere near your anus...

i think he may be on some powders... i mean, all the grapplers know all you have to do is grab the post arm and bridge up to shake off the mount

with the other arm I saw the opportunity to go for either the groin, the Hui Yin or the anus as a strike, which either way would scare, kill or hurt the opponent.
    yeah if he's h0mophobic... stay away from experienced grapplers with that, you'll just get yourself knocked around...

i cant believe you wrote that... you cant take that back you know... you will always be the anus strike guy now...

I had some more experience with ground fighting today. We are getting ready for a demo at a local military post, so we been training in reversing chin na and ground fighting. I learned 2 things. Chinna is useless if your opponent knows how to reverse it. Thats ANY chin na. .
    nope nope and nope, but keep trying

i seriously doubt you know any form of ground fighting judging by what you put above, lol bridging is just one aspect of escapes, its normal to switch and go for another technique thats not being a smart ar$e thats actual sparring, I know its probably new to you but hey its what grappling is Oh and Lol at easily escaping chokes, thanks for the laugh mate much needed