Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

true that...

Here's what training areas look like when you are really grappling. Notice the mats, the padding against the wall, the spread out area, and the lack of junk on the sides.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 09-23-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Of course you do. If you are doing your demos on a portable fold out mat and the side your training area is covered with mirrors, fans, weapons and whatever else, nobody is doing much grappling sparring in that environment.

You supposedly did some grappling training, you should know this.

i'm well aware of this as any mma gym has or should have more than enough open space but in some cases they make do with what they can . you can hardly expect most schools to be as spacious as the gym shots you posted, hell two of those pics already show a cramped practiced space with beams in the way.

further most demoes online are hardly done professionaly well to begin with .

i just go through reading a judo article as well in Black belt where one of the older players mentioned how they couldnt afford mats to practice on so they trained on the bare floor. As a result their judo was mostly focuesed on groud work and not throws.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

i always liked rolling outside... there is this kick ass soft astroturf type soccer field near me that is sweet for practice... and its free...

ive rolled on bare hardwood a bit, it hurts tho, you get pressure sores and stuff like that... i guess if you did it more youd toughen up tho... but a like good mats... i have a day job i need to stay somewhat intact for

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    most of the schools i've rolled at didn't have a bunch of "clutter" laying around. They were plain simple and matted to hell.

honestly i seen more people fall into "clutter" from stand up sparring than rolling.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Oh I get it, knife is a snobby elitist high school wrestling favourer.

Of course you should practice in a safe environment and of course people who practice martial arts must give them some testing through sparring or through competition.

I don't think you have a realistic eye towards it though. You seem to expect that every person out there interested in martial arts must adhere to your one narrow way of doing things.

I disagree. They methods of training are myriad. Even in only one area, there's a lot of ways to train.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Of course you should practice in a safe environment and of course people who practice martial arts must give them some testing through sparring or through competition.

I don't think you have a realistic eye towards it though. You seem to expect that every person out there interested in martial arts must adhere to your one narrow way of doing things.

I disagree. They methods of training are myriad. Even in only one area, there's a lot of ways to train.
    There is a reason pretty much every single training area that does hard sparring has mats, padded walls and no junk lying around on the sides... it's by necessity. If you don't do that, both the people training, as well as the walls, mirrors and stuff on the sides will be broken. It doesn't take long before everyone figures out the environment has to be set up this way.

Training in this manner is much the only way to develop decent skills, especially in grappling. It would be nice if you didn't have to do this, but there is no other way.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 09-24-2010 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Sounds like a weasel who doesn't want to admit he's wrong...

Even when I was training grappling out of a gutted out old jiffylube with busted out windows and **** we at least did what we could to keep the floors clear and pad up along the wall as best we could. They didn't always stay, but we worked with what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post

Here's what training areas look like when you are really grappling. Notice the mats, the padding against the wall, the spread out area, and the lack of junk on the sides.
    dude you're really getting annoying, everyone knows what a grappling gym looks like. You are really proud of yourself aren't you, that is why you come to a kung fu board to feel special right?

Wow, defensive...

Wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ClcH9Gp0DA

Dunno if people have seen this, but I thought some people here might get a kick out of it.

Outstanding! That should count as an instant win.

How did we live without YouTube? I love wrestling!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cQ5fnNREI