Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And all those things are applicable to ALL people involved, not just the "ring guy".
    Dude, I carry either an Emerson or a spyderco (depends on the fashion statement I am making) and I have an ASP in my car, not to mention I can kill you with my pinky toe, twice and the vast majority of MA I know, are the same way.
    are you batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    are you batman?
    Only on halloween, or Anniversary night with the wife.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

it was on the newspaper many times. they caught 2. because of the young offenders act ogs use it as a loophole and let kids do their dirty work.

im just saying if ur in a bad neighbor hood and u get in trouble, if u get into guard and spread ur legs yelling ``COME ONE MAN COME ON`` ur not gonna live long

any kind of empty hand fighting is just ritualized violence, for entertainment, money, or young people to prove man hood . theres nothing wrong with that. its wrong when u think it makes u a warrior or a fighter

my cousin in china had a security who was a provincial sanda champion. a 100 pound random thug stabbed him to death
    Last edited by bawang; 08-30-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    i use that anologfy because im trying to stick to youknowhos original criticisms...
    I believe the "ground game" will be the true killer for all stand up throwing arts. Whether I'm right or wrong, only the history will tell.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-30-2010 at 01:49 PM.

All right, I guess I've got more information than I needed, LOL. For what I see I was not clear with my question. In every street fight I've seen or experienced ground fighting can happen and if you encountered someone with some experience in throws, joint locking techniques, choking techniques, submission, etc, on the ground the answer of avoiding the ground fighting is irrelevant.
    Now, I can not find an explanation why there is no such ground fighting style as Jujitsu or wrestling in China even though it seems that some Jujitsu styles claim their origins from China and others possibly from Horn Wrestling. As you see I am curious to find some historical sources and if any style in today's TCM will have a repertoire of such techniques.

Thanks all,

Mig

Sorry Mig.

My experience is that the KF answer to ground fighting is low wide stances, good footwork and striking/chin na adapted to the ground...I don't know any other explanation for the lack of ground-fighting , but I would also be curious to hear one.

Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    I can not find an explanation why there is no such ground fighting style as Jujitsu or wrestling in China
    1. ground fighting is boring as hell to watch. kung fu was a spectator sport.
    2. fighting on the ground is considered unmanly in kung fu.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-30-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    I can not find an explanation why there is no such ground fighting style as Jujitsu or wrestling in China...
    Where was MMA 30 years ago?

If a "complete" style exists on earth, the evolution and cross training won't be needed.

There was a CMA guy who beated up all his opponent's at a harbor until more of his opponent's friends started to throw rocks at him, and sent him to hospital. He late on told his friends, "My CMA teacher didn't teach me how to dodge throwing rocks."

A CMA guy was cut badly in a knife fight. He told his friend, "My CMA teacher didn't teach me how to use open hand to fight against knife."
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I think American also has this kind of culture. When your opponent is down, you wait for him to get back up. If he gets back up, the fight continue. If he stays on the ground, the fight is over, and you walk away

I think you might have that a little wrong. On the east coast of the U.S. the tradition has always been wrestling. Very high tradition in some states. Therefor many of the fights i've seen growing up went to the ground at some point. But in honesty i've seen both, stand up and then ground. But I wouldn't say that U.S. has the exact mentality you present.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Maybe it has something to do with cultural norms.

For instance, in Europe, back in the days when dueling was allowed and wearing a sword was not only permitted but expected, schools taught fencing and swordsmanship. Unarmed combat, while trained, was frowned upon as "ungentlemanly," and so was not a major part of the curriculum. Then, when dueling was outlawed, unarmed combat became more acceptable as a way to settle grievances - still, it was ungentlemanly to settle scores with kicks - and so boxing became a popular training method, as well as a sport. Kicking almost dissappeared from the Western curriculums until its return with Savate - and I think that Savate was very much influenced by France's forays into the East.

I know that in Japan, lying down on the ground used to be a way to AVOID fighting. If someone got all up in your face, lying down on the ground was a way to submit without fighting (this is more common among older folks, not sure how it is with young folks these days being so anti-cultural and with Sport MAs being so popular.)

Maybe in China, some sort of cultural value system similar to the ones above was placed on combat etiquette.

EDIT: Yes, I know Boxing and Wrestling and Pankration are really old. I'm saying that there came a time when they fell out of favour, and weapons training became the norm. Then when those fell out of favour, unarmed combat began re-emerging both as method and as sport.
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 08-30-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

how come mma doesnt allow groin kicks like pankration. how come mma doesnt fight nekid and rub oil on themself like pankration. in real street fight everyone fights naked and rub oil on themselvs.

how come mma doesnt allow groin kicks like pankration. how come mma doesnt fight nekid and rub oil on themself like pankration. in real street fight everyone fights naked and rub oil on themselvs.
    we leave that kind of fighting for the real men.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    But I wouldn't say that U.S. has the exact mentality you present.
    I got my impression from this movie. "Stay down! Stay down! ..."

http://www.legalmoviesdownloads.com/...aul-newman.jpg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-30-2010 at 02:44 PM.

haha and i got mine from this...

i beat your gayness by a lot on that one....