Thread: Boxing vs MMA

Hybrid View

Boxing vs MMA

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    guy sounds like he's making a lot of excuses and wants to drag this crap out.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

boxing is a highly refined sport with limited techniques compared to mma.
    there is no wrestling, no kicking, no throws, no locks, no elbows, no low blows and so on.

it takes time to develop a boxer, even a natural.

mma allows for to many different types of attacks.
    It's not a matchup really.

tackle the boxer then G&P.
    I guess the boxer will have to up his mma.

but, make the mma box and you might have something. maybe, depending on how the mma guy has worked his boxing skillset.

anyway, it's kind of like wanting figure skaters to play hockey. They're really two different things despite any superficial similarity they share.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Nothing interesting about it, the same old tired argument. Boxing is dead, aside from Pac Man and PBF there are no fights anyone gives a sh**it about. Yes, MMA fighters salaries suck compared to boxing, but maybe that's why MMA is still relevant and puts on entertaining shows. I think it is hilarious when people say MMA is boring yet they want to watch Mayweather prance around the ring for 12 rounds and jab 50,000 times and somehow that is exciting.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    boxing is a highly refined sport with limited techniques compared to mma.
    there is no wrestling, no kicking, no throws, no locks, no elbows, no low blows and so on.

it takes time to develop a boxer, even a natural.

mma allows for to many different types of attacks.
    It's not a matchup really.

tackle the boxer then G&P.
    I guess the boxer will have to up his mma.

but, make the mma box and you might have something. maybe, depending on how the mma guy has worked his boxing skillset.

anyway, it's kind of like wanting figure skaters to play hockey. They're really two different things despite any superficial similarity they share.

This is the most profound thing I have ever read! I have never heard this kind of thoughtful insight in my life, how did you come up with this!I mean seriously, in all the years of hearing MMA vs. Boxing I have never heard anyone say this, how do you do it DJ, I mean the sheer intellect you posess is truly astounding! You should write for a column or something, I know I would read it!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

i think bocers are a bit bitter because, and its unfortunate, the sport isnt growing, its declining... mma is new to pop culture and is on the rise...

also, when it comes to a real fight, i mean come on... we know who would win on average... i think that makes some boxers feel insecure...

i love boxing... i wish everyone would just get along... i dont think its right to keep forcing this comparison... theres no reason why people shouldnt be able to love both... they arent the same thing, its an annoying comparison and i think all it does is illuminate peoples insecurities... boxing shouldnt need to be defended against mma, or vice versa... neither will do very well in the others arena, on average...

also, i think guys like kj noons need to choose... to ythink you can do both is sort of an insult to boxing IMO... like david said, boxing is a highly refined sport, you cant practice mma and expect to keep up with the rest of the world class boxers... i suppose the odd savante may pop up... but champ in both??? i dunno...