Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortest Books Ever (As written by KFM people)

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    What's a Juits?
    You told a story a long time ago about eating dinner with a group including a guy who during discussion found you know Jiu-Juitsu, you implied that he seemd to be a sorta deuchy seudo MA wanna be maybe, and at one point he said something to the effect of, "yeah I know the 'Juits'". made me LOL. I remember it because when I go out to watch UFC at a local bar, I'll always throw that out every once in a while.

Greetings,

"My Hands are Hung" by Ten Tigers

"The Knuckledusters" by Sanjuro Ronin

"When the Sauce was Sweet" by Gene Ching

"It Tain't the Tain't" by doug maverick

"Feathered to Convulsion: A Study On Social Depravity" by Scott R. Brown

"If Buddha had a Palm...." by Dale Dugas
    Last edited by mickey; 09-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.

"How to invite Dave Ross to dinner, without loosing your cutlery". Taai Gihk Yahn.

"My Super Brain and The Greatness of the New World Order". David Jamieson.

"The Ten Commandments of Morality". LKFMDC

"Curing Schizophrenia". LKFMDC, Bawang and Kansuke.

"Watch Your Opponent and Not The Lady With the Big Tits! My Life in the Fighting Ring". Sanjuro_Ronin

"Olympic Weight Training for Internal Chi Development and Looking Good At the Beach". Frost

"Stalking, for Dummies". Dragonzbane76

"The Art of Kung Fu Cluelessness". Terence Niehoff. Forword by Dave Ross, Frost, Dragonzbane, Knifefighter and Iron Eagle.

"Going Where You Are Not Wanted". Knifefighter

"My Middle Finger and I, A True and deep Love Story". Iron Eagle
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 09-17-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    cinnamon-bun-earrings
    so you manage to make enough glaze for about, what, one or two a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    "How to invite Dave Ross to dinner, without loosing your cutlery". Taai Gihk Yahn.

"My Super Brain and The Greatness of the New World Order". David Jamieson.

"The Ten Commandments of Morality". LKFMDC

"Curing Schizophrenia". LKFMDC, Bawang and Kansuke.

"Watch Your Opponent and Not The Lady With the Big Tits! My Life in the Fighting Ring". Sanjuro_Ronin

"Olympic Weight Training for Internal Chi Development and Looking Good At the Beach". Frost

"Stalking, for Dummies". Dragonzbane76

"The Art of Kung Fu Cluelessness". Terence Niehoff. Forword by Dave Ross, Frost, Dragonzbane, Knifefighter and Iron Eagle.

"Going Where You Are Not Wanted". Knifefighter

"My Middle Finger and I, A True and deep Love Story". Iron Eagle
    I think the whole gist of this thread is lost on HW108. But then again, what isn't?

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    I think the whole gist of this thread is lost on HW108. But then again, what isn't?

-David
    It is lost on you, for sure. I believe that we have all gathered that it is a fun thread, but a little bit of truth does not go a miss, either.

-David
    yes, but to be fair, he's not the only one, several other folks here have misunderstood the point that it would be a book about what they don't know or wouldn't do; for example:

"The Eternal Thread: Taoist Immortality Secrets for Online Forums" - Master Killer (because he deletes his threads a lot - get it?)

It is lost on you, for sure. I believe that we have all gathered that it is a fun thread, but a little bit of truth does not go a miss, either.
    No, the thread say's "shortest" books ever. Your attempt at irony would make one think those books you mentioned would be long books. Hence, the thread is lost on you.

-David
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.

No, the thread say's "shortest" books ever. Your attempt at irony would make one think those books you mentioned would be long books. Hence, the thread is lost on you.

-David
    Oh, I see...............................Sorry.

yes, but the thing is, all the other titles come up with are a gentle ribbing based on a given member's behavior patterns that are generally acknowledged by the forum community at large, but there is no pejorative connotation to them, and they do not reflect any sort of acrimony;

on the contrary, the majority of your titles are based on your rancorous dealings with others, and indeed it's clear that you personally believe that the titles are truly representative of the views of the posters in question; so it's not just poking fun anymore, it's you reflecting your personal polemic regarding the people in question; in fact, it's not really funny at all because you use pretty much the same phrasing to describe the member's on your list in your regular posts; and to refer to it as "the truth" is just piszy;

in fact, if you go back and read through the thread, you will see that the titles ascribed to you do not actually insult you, they simply underscore the antithesis of your general position regarding stuff like cross training - no one came up with anything like "Go for the Nuts on the Low Hanging Branch: A Forager's Guide to Spartan Living" - that would just be insulting, not funny (well, not too funny);

anyway, if you want to participate in the fun stuff, you gotta chill out and drop the whole m.o. of emphasizing how clueless you think some people are;

how to keep your mouth shut; a collection of forum essays...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yes, but the thing is, all the other titles come up with are a gentle ribbing based on a given member's behavior patterns that are generally acknowledged by the forum community at large, but there is no pejorative connotation to them, and they do not reflect any sort of acrimony;

on the contrary, the majority of your titles are based on your rancorous dealings with others, and indeed it's clear that you personally believe that the titles are truly representative of the views of the posters in question; so it's not just poking fun anymore, it's you reflecting your personal polemic regarding the people in question; in fact, it's not really funny at all because you use pretty much the same phrasing to describe the member's on your list in your regular posts; and to refer to it as "the truth" is just piszy;

in fact, if you go back and read through the thread, you will see that the titles ascribed to you do not actually insult you, they simply underscore the antithesis of your general position regarding stuff like cross training - no one came up with anything like "Go for the Nuts on the Low Hanging Branch: A Forager's Guide to Spartan Living" - that would just be insulting, not funny (well, not too funny);

anyway, if you want to participate in the fun stuff, you gotta chill out and drop the whole m.o. of emphasizing how clueless you think some people are;
    hey, i like this guy...

yes, but to be fair, he's not the only one, several other folks here have misunderstood the point that it would be a book about what they don't know or wouldn't do; for example:

"The Eternal Thread: Taoist Immortality Secrets for Online Forums" - Master Killer (because he deletes his threads a lot - get it?)
    Point taken, albeit late. CLF Student seems to have only noticed me, because for some mysterious reason he does not seem to like me.

Point taken, albeit late. CLF Student seems to have only noticed me, because for some mysterious reason he does not seem to like me.
    You get that a lot don't you? It must be tough dealing with so much rejection....

Seeing insults can also be a little bit subjective. For example, my "book titles" were not insulting to you, nor to Sanjuro. As for Dragonzbane76, then the fact that he used to stalk me for a long time is well known. LOL.

Terrence, himself (like many others here) is not really a kung fu exponent, but a MMA-ist, yet he talks above his head and insults people who do not agree with him on TCMA subject matters that he is clueless about. So, my "book title" for him was not so out of place. Knifefighter, has a lot in common with Terence, and he got off light, if you ask me.

Nothing serios happened with Frost either. Given the chance, he would probably write a book about the benefits of Olympic weight training to chi development. Now, that would be short book for sure. LOL

As for the rest, consider that a moment of "weakness" on my part........

Anyway, I find this thread very funny and entertaining, so lets see what else we can come up with that can enhance the humor here.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 09-17-2010 at 11:22 PM.