Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "A strong fighter is not one who always wins, but one who stands after defeat."

Winning as learned through Taladega Nights:

TR: "Chip I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"......

Chip: "You gonna let your sons talk to their grandfather like that? I'm their elder!"

RB: "I sure as hell am Chip! I love the way they're talkin to you! Cuz they're winners, winners get to do what they want!"

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Nope. It's because our culture mostly produces fat people. And a guy who trains harder for the same fat end ain't a winner because of a dusty old trophy.

Those who stay fit and active as they get older are the exceptions, in our culture. Most of the "jocks" I know who stayed fit as they aged were not succesful in their sports in youth, and are a bit obsessed with a glory they never had, which keeps them more fit than most of the star athletes from my youth.

ALL the former pro football players I've known, however, have been fat due to heinous injuries and an inability to workout anymore to any great extent. Different thing, there. They loved the game, and were willing to make the sacrifice. Winning has costs, everything does.

LOL at a middle aged guy running around the internet acting like a db online suggesting others are bitter solely for the attention of twelve year olds and accolades of online geeks .

And Susie wouldn't go to the dance with you either? That is just sad.
    Last edited by Kansuke; 09-08-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    And Susie wouldn't go to the dance with you either? That is just sad.t
    Oh, flaming, cool. Could we get Knifefighter involved, I love to hear him tell stories about how he killed nazis in the big one.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 09-08-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Maybe you two could get a room?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

To quote Sir Sean Connery:

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fu**ck the prom queen!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    To quote Sir Sean Connery:

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fu**ck the prom queen!!

LOL.... The laurel's of victory resting between the prom queen's legs.....

Victory is a cruel mistress to some people. Once you've done the Prom Queen, and the Pep Squad, half a troupe of Ballet Dancers and a kinky catwalk model with kinky friends, what's next? (Right...Breakfast!)

You suggest take up sport?? Spend all your free party time with sweaty blokes?? And those ungodly morning training sessions? Just for some trophy's, or ribbons? (OK, guilty as charged, but I have a note from my Mum.)

People get unduly inflated by victory and unduly defalted by defeat. There are so many planes to measure it on, and so many perspectives to compare to. One man's victory is another man's defeat.

For example, you're out with the Prom Queen on Thursday and she run's into the Ex, well, soon to be Ex, he's a little feisty, whatcha gonna do? You want the Prom Queen, or you want the Victory? LOL... Yea, you want both, fair enough...

...well, it may depend on the kind of girl too....

You can win on one plane, and lose on another as a result is my point.

As the saying goes, cherish your victories and learn from your failure, but the road is long and in the end you only compete against yourself.

Success is the mature older brother of victory that's learned to control his ego.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

I've won and I've lost, luckly won more times than loss and never lost on the street.
    I can say this:
    Winning is better than losing !

But you tend to learn more from your losses.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    But you tend to learn more from your losses.
    a more humbling experience for sure.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.