Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual CLF FIGHTING tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    So just to be clear, your saying that a Sao Cheui is a completely ineffective technique?
    To the neck? Yeah.

Knife,

What works well on the neck, carotid artery, etc...besides chokes. Elbows from mount? Knives?

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Knife,

What works well on the neck, carotid artery, etc...besides chokes. Elbows from mount? Knives?
    Chokes and blades... that's about it. Good luck trying to get an elbow to the neck from the mount. Even elbows to the back of the neck from the back mount generally don't do a whole lot other than open up for the choke.

Obviously, if you could actually hit the tracheal region, that would be damaging, but that's going to be pretty much accidental.

Blog Entries
    karate guy must have hit the black dude in his earlobe huh? see how ineffective a neck strike could be outside the ring? what can you guys be thinking?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    karate guy must have hit the black dude in his earlobe huh? see how ineffective a neck strike could be outside the ring? what can you guys be thinking?
    1. That strike was more in the jaw region.

2. Even low percentage moves happen every once in a while. Little league baseball players occasionally die from getting hit in the chest with a baseball. Good luck trying to do it on purpose though.

3. That's the problem with many TMA's. They don't do so well with regular techs, so they have to convince themselves that the low percentage ones are the ones they will use.

Blog Entries
    1. That strike was more in the jaw region.

2. Even low percentage moves happen every once in a while. Little league baseball players occasionally die from getting hit in the chest with a baseball. Good luck trying to do it on purpose though.

3. That's the problem with many TMA's. They don't do so well with regular techs, so they have to convince themselves that the low percentage ones are the ones they will use.
    thats why i love choy lee fut so much...its a very effective and practical system that doesn't believe in the mumbo jumbo found in other styles. like it or not, CLF is a combat proven system. CLF's stand up game is pretty **** good.

and, that technique worked for that guy when he needed it to. plain and simple. there was no DO OVER's...no second chances. he hit the dude and it worked.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-07-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    There is two things i like most about choy lee fut as passed down within our branch. Its very aggressive by nature and extremely practical. all of our past masters skills were highly well known throughout the martial world. Even bruce lee had no choice but to give us props.

Our Choy Lee Fut's aggression comes from the mind set of once we attack we don't stop till our opponent stops moving. we won't try no funny moves or ones that we know have nothing to offer. but choy lee fut's practicality is something that i can really appreciate. part of CLF's arsenal are as follows:

Linear strikes.

Circular and angular strikes.

Uppercuts.

Knee's.

Elbows.

Hammer fists.

joint locks.

take downs.

Incredible defense.

solid footwork.

applicable techniques ready for any situation.

and more.

See, there are some gung fu people who think a palm to the back of a head of a person who's adrenaline levels are high is going to work. or gung fu people that think their single strikes are going to do the job quickly. however, just like thai boxers who train their shins to take and give some serious damage, choy lee fut's three star blocking whether its bone to bone or bone to wood on the wooden dummy we train our forearms to be hard like rocks. this will aid in better sow choy whether its aimed at the side of the head, side of the neck, or the back of the skull. (isn't it illegal in the UFC to strike the back of the head??)

some people need to understand how and when to use their techniques. just like a fighter wouldn't use his kicks on a focused and fresh fighter, a good choy lee fut fighter knows when to launch it. mainly thats when our opponent isn't so fresh. we can daze him with a few strikes then use our bread and butter. at the same time, a CLF sow choy is NEVER NEVER NEVER to be thrown by itself. ANYONE knows it can be seen coming from a mile away. this is where NON BELIEVERS think they got the CLF style figured out. and thats when we prove to people that they shouldn't have thought like that.

Past elders have been known to break necks with their sow choy's. Master Lau Chung was one of them. CLF is known for dirty fighting. alot of the things CLF likes to do is not allowed in the UFC or in mma. I can't lie, i'd like to see CLF go into MMA....our stand up is good enough and nothing wrong with picking up some ground game too.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-07-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Past elders have been known to break necks with their sow choy's. Master Lau Chung was one of them. CLF is known for dirty fighting. alot of the things CLF likes to do is not allowed in the UFC or in mma. I can't lie, i'd like to see CLF go into MMA....our stand up is good enough and nothing wrong with picking up some ground game too.
    If you can't fight without "dirty fighting", you will fare even worse when your opponent is allowed to incorporate foul tactics into his fight.

Blog Entries
    If you can't fight without "dirty fighting", you will fare even worse when your opponent is allowed to incorporate foul tactics into his fight.
    there are no RULES to protecting your life. ring fighting is one thing, defending yourself against a gang of thugs or a guy high on drugs trying to hurt you. we don't need to be MMA fighters to be able to effectively protect ourselves.

there are no RULES to protecting your life. ring fighting is one thing, defending yourself against a gang of thugs or a guy high on drugs trying to hurt you. we don't need to be MMA fighters to be able to effectively protect ourselves.
    That's always been the rationalization of styles that can't really fight that well. It's been going on since Kano developed Judo 150 years ago to prove to the jujutsu guys that it was a false rationalization.

alot of the things CLF likes to do is not allowed in the UFC or in mma.
    OK, I'll bite. Which things aren't allowed?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    so your going to trust something you've never tried and can't really try on someone (punch to the throat, eye gouges, all the fantasyland stuff etc.) , as opposed to something you've seen work and has been tested in a resistant environment?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    That's always been the rationalization of styles that can't really fight that well. It's been going on since Kano developed Judo 150 years ago to prove to the jujutsu guys that it was a false rationalization.
    yeah but that doesn't speak for the CLF style. go ahead bite. i might bite you back. and stand up fighting and ground fighting are like apples and oranges. both are fruit, just not the same.

so your going to trust something you've never tried and can't really try on someone (punch to the throat, eye gouges, all the fantasyland stuff etc.) , as opposed to something you've seen work and has been tested in a resistant environment?
    what do you know about our training methods? and out in the streets its ALL LEGAL. when you get attacked and your life is in danger. CLF is tested. are you not listening? its been tested, retested, refined, and improved upon.

still, its all talk right here on both sides. you say no, we say yes. if you want to find out for yourselves, go fight a REAL clf guy. not some person who took a couple of seminars.

Blog Entries
    OK, I'll bite. Which things aren't allowed?
    1. Butting with the head.
    2. Eye gouging of any kind.
    3. Biting.
    4. Hair pulling. (thats just a load of crap)
    5. Fish hooking.
    6. Groin attacks of any kind.
    7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
    8. Small joint manipulation. (i don't know about that one)
    9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
    10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
    11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
    12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh. (gotta be joking right?)
    13. Grabbing the clavicle. (questionable).
    14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
    15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
    16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
    17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel. (CLF LOVES KIDNEY SHOTS)
    18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
    19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
    20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
    21. Spitting at an opponent.
    22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
    23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
    24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
    25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
    26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
    27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
    28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
    29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
    30. Interference by the corner.
    31. Throwing in the towel during competition.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-08-2010 at 06:58 AM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    what do you know about our training methods? and out in the streets its ALL LEGAL. when you get attacked and your life is in danger. CLF is tested. are you not listening? its been tested, retested, refined, and improved upon.

still, its all talk right here on both sides. you say no, we say yes. if you want to find out for yourselves, go fight a REAL clf guy. not some person who took a couple of seminars.
    i know nothing of your "training" methods, but I can deduce logic. I'm talking of the worn out lecture all the traditional guys wear like a badge or something about the (eye gouges, ball punches, the real "deadly" techs.,) so do you have a line out your school for willing people to come get punched in the balls full in a resistant envir. so that you can learn these "deadly" techs? or the shots to the neck area, or pulling someones eye out and eating it or what ever. Do you recycle the bodies?

you say no, we say yes. if you want to find out for yourselves, go fight a REAL clf guy. not some person who took a couple of seminars.
    i understand what your getting at, and yes it's a matter of yes and no. My opinion, doesn't matter if you take it serious or not. I've fought lots of "the real" kung fu guys, fought lots of guys from lots of different places. Does it matter? still looking for good sparring partners.
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 10-08-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.