Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many form at the origin of CLF Kung Fu

But Chan Yiu Chi did know them all right? He knew all over 190 forms! How else could he document them all and pick who would learn what?

So no one is supposed to learn them all even though Chan Yiu Chi did? Were others like Chan Wing Faat also not supposed to learn them all but did anyway?

u guys realize ur forms spell out taiping kingdom of foever peace? tai ping tin gok? now u cant deny choy lee fut is christian kung fu for jesus lololol

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by soulfist View Post
    But Chan Yiu Chi did know them all right? He knew all over 190 forms! How else could he document them all and pick who would learn what?

So no one is supposed to learn them all even though Chan Yiu Chi did? Were others like Chan Wing Faat also not supposed to learn them all but did anyway?
    Hi Soulfist,

Chan Yiu-Chi re-edited all the family forms and recorded them in a systematic way, it is like a video the form with words. Whether his son Yong-Fa learnt them all, you have to ask him and you can get his email address on his website. Better still, next time you are in Sydney, drop by to see him, he is right in the middle of Sydney's Chinatown.

XJ

I tend to defer to GM DFW for my info. Nothing against anyone else, just the way I see things.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Hi Soulfist,

Chan Yiu-Chi re-edited all the family forms and recorded them in a systematic way, it is like a video the form with words. Whether his son Yong-Fa learnt them all, you have to ask him and you can get his email address on his website. Better still, next time you are in Sydney, drop by to see him, he is right in the middle of Sydney's Chinatown.

XJ
    Chan Yiu Chi's son wasnt Yong Fa.
    Drop in on him? No need. When you want to know about someone you dont ask that person, but his friends, teachers, family, etc. Im in touch with the people who I need to for that kind of information.

Of all Ive put forth to you its interesting what you choose to respond to. Well, of interest to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyang View Post
    Right Joseph,
    Now a question for you, what are this foundation and core of the system in your opinion?
    SY
    Hi Sunyang,

The so-called 10 seeds of CLF are not 10 sets of forms or 10 ways to strike like gwa, seow, and chap etc, they are the 10 CLF methods or "fa" 法 in Chinese (I use Cantonese here), we all do them without knowing the formal structure hidden in the teaching:

1) Ma Fa - Methods of the stances.
    2) Tui Fa - Methods of the feet.
    3) Sou Fa - Methods of the hands.
    4) Kiu Fa - Methods of the bridges.
    5) Jow fa - Methods of the claws.
    6) Chiu Fa - Methods of punches.
    7) Jarng Fa - Methods of the elbows.
    8) Jeung Fa - Methods of the palms.
    9) Bok Fa - Methods of the shoulders.
    10) Sun Fa - Methods of the bodies.

Different names within each category shows how to use them, for example, in Chiu Fa there are gwa, seow, cup, dip, nab, dat, ding, jein, jit, pow, chinzi, billjong and jitfu etc, and there are 39 of them.

XJ

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    u guys realize ur forms spell out taiping kingdom of foever peace? tai ping tin gok? now u cant deny choy lee fut is christian kung fu for jesus lololol
    There you are! I was waiting for your response on the last thread!

Chan Yiu Chi's son wasnt Yong Fa.
    Drop in on him? No need. When you want to know about someone you dont ask that person, but his friends, teachers, family, etc. Im in touch with the people who I need to for that kind of information.

Of all Ive put forth to you its interesting what you choose to respond to. Well, of interest to me anyway.
    Hio Soulfist,

I am different to you, I prefer the direct approach, but each to their own.

XJ

There you are! I was waiting for your response on the last thread!
    u named a bunch of luohan and half luohan styles that did legit luohan boxing. u said see they all called luohan so we can have luohan forms. what am i supposed to say?

this is malaysia luohan boxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fHSG3lqW74
    it has all the signature mvoes. luohan listen to sutra, luohan subdue tiger, tiger come out of cave, luohan sleeping, luohan guards door.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Joseph, you're SO full of it!!!!!!! The two sets you posted are NOT the same. We don't share any sequences of moves, nor sections that are found in the Chan Fam Ping Kuen. Stylistic Variations? if you placed a Hung Sing and a Chan Family student together to perform these two forms it is utterly clear that they are NOT the same in ANY WAY.
    OK Frank,

Then one of these two is not doing CLF!

XJ

You said that it was "dishonest" for Choi Lei Fut as a southern style to use the names of Lohan and Mui Fa which as you say only belong to northern styles.

I offered alot of information and references to you but you only responded that Choi Lei Fut is dishonest. I asked why?

u named styles that actually have legit connection to lohan boxing and meiha boxing. u forgot to name emei lohan boxing that came from shaolin. fujian lohan also come from henan shaolin. zhejiang lohan also. choy lee futs muifa and lohan are just choy lee fut combinations with the name only. this is not only in choy lee fut its common practice in the old days because lohan boxing was a famous style from henan shaolin. i said in the northern thread its dishonest to try to build a fake northern connection. the northern connection in choy lee fut came from all martial artists coming together in the taiping rebellion and exchanging knowledge.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Hio Soulfist,

I am different to you, I prefer the direct approach, but each to their own.

XJ
    Well some simply dont know how to get the information nor how to judge the authenticity of it. So if I ask him am I supposed to not only believe what he tells me but also to believe there is nothing unsaid?

Im talking to you right now but the large amount of information Im getting is not coming from the direct approach. What Im learning about you is in what you take part in and what you avoid, when you choose silence and when you take initiative to speak, what you can smile at and what triggers you!

But this is the approach I prefer. Each to their own right!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    u named styles that actually have legit connection to lohan boxing and meiha boxing. u forgot to name emei lohan boxing that came from shaolin. fujian lohan also come from henan shaolin. zhejiang lohan also. choy lee futs muifa and lohan are just choy lee fut combinations with the name only. this is not only in choy lee fut its common practice in the old days because lohan boxing was a famous style from henan shaolin. i said in the northern thread its dishonest to try to build a fake northern connection. the northern connection in choy lee fut came from all martial artists coming together in the taiping rebellion and exchanging knowledge.
    How did CLF try to build a fake northern connection? By using the names Lohan and Mui Fa? Just because northern styles use those names it doesnt mean that the names are northern in origin. I forgot some names... youve forgotten some as well then as that is not an exclusive list of styles using the lohan name. What makes you think that southern styles have no legitimate connection to those names that constitutes the use of them to be dishonest? Im only asking because I do want to know.

How did CLF try to build a fake northern connection? By using the names Lohan and Mui Fa? Just because northern styles use those names it doesnt mean that the names are northern in origin. I forgot some names... youve forgotten some as well then as that is not an exclusive list of styles using the lohan name. What makes you think that southern styles have no legitimate connection to those names that constitutes the use of them to be dishonest? Im only asking because I do want to know.
    northern lohan was known in the entire country. it produced top fighters that often make the imperial military exams. 1920s guoshu competition all the top winners were louhan boxers. thats why there are a LOT of imitators throughout the coutnry for hundreds of years. legit lohan as far away as malaysia all have the signature moves .

in the criminal underworld and frontier nobody cares about the mainland etiquettes. people name their styles and forms whatever they want and its common in the notorious borderlands like guangdong and guangxi, where u can teach martial arts like choy lee fut in broad daylight. this is obvious knowledge in china.
    im saying its rude, in the 50s it was even worse. in chinatown people were saying henan shaolin is fake and theyre the real shaolin.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 12:22 PM.