Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many form at the origin of CLF Kung Fu

Hmmm, of all the northern styles that bear the name lohan I see little similarity between them. The foundings are unrelated as well. You speak of lohan as if its either a methodology to follow or political sect. But as I think neither is the case, though correct me if Im wrong, then I still dont see what your trying to say and cant see it going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyang View Post
    GSHAMBROOKE
    ME

The Origin And Foundation Of Choy Lay Fut.

Chan Heung never learnt Kung Fu.
    Being a clan teacher in King mui village he chose to take in Jeong Yim.
    This young man was in actual or potential trouble from the Manchu authorities possibly for avoiding conscription.
    Chan Heung began to teach the young man calligraphy and literature which led him being given the title Sifu.
    Jeong Yim - who may already have been known as Jeong Hung Sing - was then taught Kung Fu by the Shaolin Monks Lay Yau San, Choy Ah **** and Ching Cho.
    This Kung Fu he was Learning was Called Fut Gar and it came directly from the Shaolin temple.

By the time Jeong Hung Sing had trained under these three masters his Kung Fu had become somewhat distinct.
    Observers would say that some techniques resembled those of Lau Gar, others resembled Choy Gar and naturally much remained of the roots in Fut Gar.
    Jeong Hung Sing decided to name his style after the combined names of these styles (CHOY LAY FUT).
    It is important to note that the three forms known today as the three Buck Sing forms were taught to Jeong Hung Sing by his masters and he was possibly not taught any weapons.

Having formulated and named this new Kung Fu Jeong Hung Sing Decided To head for the city of Fut San to establish and teach it.
    Before leaving however he taught Choy Lay Fut to Chan Koon Pak who taught Chan Yiu Chi and established the lineage that survived in Sun Wui town and district and continues to Chan Yong Fa in Sydney Australia.
    Once his Gwoon Was established in Futsan Jeong Hung Sing taught Lui Chan who in turn taught Tarm Sarm.
    This is the lineage of true Choy Lay Fut that was established in Guanghou.

Jeong Hung Sing in the end becomes a mystery - no portrait or photograph of him was known to have ever existed and the man himself apparently disapeared.

Hi Sunyang,

Thanks for this amazing interview with Lun Tse, I am sure Frank will now adept this as his new version of Futsan Hung Sing CLF history:

CLF was found by Jeung Hung Sing at the tender age of 12, he taught Chan Heung how to suck egg and gaXJ birth to CLF.

XJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 09-08-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfist View Post
    Hmmm, of all the northern styles that bear the name lohan I see little similarity between them. The foundings are unrelated as well. You speak of lohan as if its either a methodology to follow or political sect. But as I think neither is the case, though correct me if Im wrong, then I still dont see what your trying to say and cant see it going anywhere.
    luohan boxing is one of the biggest boxing styles in china. its the most popular style from henan shaolin temple with huge branches and offshoots. u cant see similarity because ur looking for forms. it has specific signatures moves. choy lee fut named forms lohan to latch onto the names fame and prestige. choy lee fut was and is compeltely unknown in china except the frontier borders.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    where is your accent bawang? Lmao!!!!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Im in China my friend and myself from the north. Still, if "lohan" is not a methodology or a political sect or has a specific founder who coined the name... then there is no northern monopoly on the term, which is all that it is.

Does CLF have a form of seppuku? I could use it right about now.

This is getting to the point of almost a "my dad can beat up your dad" fight. Two points with no give and a dose of Bawang pulling everyones wang for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfist View Post
    Im in China my friend and myself from the north. Still, if "lohan" is not a methodology or a political sect or has a specific founder who coined the name... then there is no northern monopoly on the term, which is all that it is.
    just because ur from the north doesnt mean sh1t. theres tons of rich city boys who take information about kung fu from the condor heros novel, and more recently, from COMPUTER GAMES.

Wait I thought all kung fu knowledge comes from the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre series.

You mean Gum Mo See Wong wasn't a real person!!! **** you I say!!!

Blog Entries
    **** bawang's english is good!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

not to be offtopic but choy lee fut does have very old northern conenctions. the term "choi" goes back to the early ming dynasty boxing. newer styles use term "kuen". the pek gwa bin kap sow are also very old northern boxing concepts. what im cirtisizing is sometimes guangdong martial arts try to pose as shaolin aka lohan/muifa.
    the bad news is choy lee fut has very little connection to shaolin. the good news is choy lee fut fighting concepts is older than shaolin.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Bawang, your reaction and responses has told me everything necessary. I gave references from my own personal training and posed the questions to you properly several times. You failed to answer what I was asking each time and only commented that my replies were unknowing or insufficient... but never gave the answers.

When someone has an answer and has no emotional reason to withhold it then they offer it up on request. You didnt and eventually responded defensively with an accusation of me, then another accusation about my resource. That is how someone responds when they started something they cant qualify what they've posed. Thats okay bawang, I wont push it further.

i dont know what the hell ur trying to ask. i told u everything i know about lohan quan. i told u some example signature moves needed to qualify as legit lohan boxing. even distorted lohan from as far awar as MALAYSIA has them. clf has none. i learned lohan in china from my friend in school. i didnt tell u because i dont want to look like a internet showoff not because i dont know it.

if u actually went out and actually met kung fu people u would understand. but u dont even know lohan boxing is actually a style. one of the biggest in the entire **** country. i dont know if i should laugh or cry. how the hell we can understand each other.
    i told u basic info everybody in china knows then u said "lol no"
    this kind of ignorance at rediculous levels is why i quit clf lol
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Your defensiveness and accusations are further increasing while you are still keeping vague to what you originally rose in the first place.

Which lohan sect are you referring to that holds rights to the name? There are many and as I just said of all the northern styles that bear the name lohan I see little similarity between them. The foundings are unrelated as well. You speak of lohan as if its either a methodology to follow or political sect.

Take "hung" of Hung Mun for example. This is a name used by revolutionary founders/styles that have a connection and right to use the name. Other styles without that connection would and shouldnt use it. Ex:
    - Hung Sing CLF from Jeung Yim
    - Hung Ga from Luk Ah Choi
    - Hung Fut from Hung Hei Goon

They all have a right to use that name where others dont. Its political!

Are you saying that Lohan and Mui Fa to that matter are similar in those respects?

If a style came about called Hung Choi then I would say why use Hung? They may then respond because it was started by revolutionaries belonging to Hung Mun. I would say ahhh, I see now!

Due to Shaolin roots many northern styles use Lohan and many southern styles use Fut. But that doesnt mean its exclusive in any way!

So you may have to tell me more clearly the basic info that everyone knows in China. Just assume that Im not Chinese and dont live in China and fill me in please!
    Last edited by soulfist; 09-08-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: additional info

mun just means society. its not political. how can u not know this if ur chinese. if i have to explain basics of mun and pai to u , and explain what is luohan quan. ur obviously a white guy pretending to be chinese. u basically know nothing about kung fu outside ur chinatown sundays and is asking me to explain basic info to u so u can argue with me. ur gay
    Last edited by bawang; 09-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.

yall really need your own CLF forum... so many CLF threads...